• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

I think it's more that they have sold season tickets on the premise that we'll be in for Liverpool, so disappointment is bound to surface. Personally as long as they get it right, I don't mind waiting longer

Seems like the general perception is that we’ve somewhat failed if we have to move the Liverpool match. It’s not even 18 months since WHL was demolished, to have the stadium ready by now would be simply incredible. We’ll be in there for a 100~ years, waiting one more match to get it right doesn’t bother me at all.
My concern is more around will we be allowed to move the Liverpool match - There is a rule that says you have to play all games in one stadium, we got special dispensation to move the Fulham match there is no guarantee we will get the same for any further matches. Perhaps that's why we are holding off announcing that it wont be ready, not give the PL time to force us into anything.

Seems like the general perception is that we’ve somewhat failed if we have to move the Liverpool match. It’s not even 18 months since WHL was demolished, to have the stadium ready by now would be simply incredible. We’ll be in there for a 100~ years, waiting one more match to get it right doesn’t bother me at all.

I think sadly it is beyond fan perceptions. They have the NFL circus there a month later, and any perceived creak beforehand will not be helpful. I don't disagree with your overall sentiment, but I think it is beyond that now.

My issue is more that the first test event is in 2 weeks and they haven't done anything about ticketing yet, same for the Liverpool game

Indeed mate, I agree, they are giving the ticket office a lot of work in a short amount of time. Getting those stadium access cards out, all of it will be to the wire. I expect the ticket office on both the Friday and Sat AM to be carnage.

Truth is, that test event in 2 weeks will tell all. But I do get the impression that failure to be "ready" for Liverpool is not really an option, and that we are working on doing what we need to pass health and safety to open rather than making sure every last panel is up.

Last edited:
My concern is more around will we be allowed to move the Liverpool match - There is a rule that says you have to play all games in one stadium, we got special dispensation to move the Fulham match there is no guarantee we will get the same for any further matches. Perhaps that's why we are holding off announcing that it wont be ready, not give the PL time to force us into anything.
I thought that once they gave us permission to play Fulham there then that basically set the precedent to play at more than one stadium in a season. Otherwise if they don’t let us play another game there I doubt we could make it an away game unless the other team agreed?

I don't think that'll be an issue personally - don't see the PL punishing a club for a stadium build over running

Still many weeks to go - October at the very earliest IMHO

From what I see, hard to disagree, but who knows? I suppose we all will at the start of September!!! I would think they will have to stick or twist by then simply to get tickets sorted, etc, etc...

I don't think that'll be an issue personally - don't see the PL punishing a club for a stadium build over running
I thought you needed all teams to OK it but turns out I was wrong - https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/foot...-first-home-match-wembley-new-stadium-delays/

original verdict.
"So Spurs have registered their plea, and now have to wait for a verdict before they can go ahead with any further planning.
That decision is taken by the three-strong Premier League board, headed by current chief Richard Scudamore.
The board meet once a month, and it is understood they are not scheduled to sit until later in June.
But with the new season fixtures about to be announced, there is a need for supporters of Tottenham and the clubs they are due to meet early on for a swift ruling to be made."

Hope there are no more games at Wembley (until the semi final!) though we will know soon enough.

From what I see, hard to disagree, but who knows? I suppose we all will at the start of September!!! I would think they will have to stick or twist by then simply to get tickets sorted, etc, etc...

In theory we will on bank holiday Monday for the first test event

Yep, we will see. But I think someone is kidding themselves and worst of all the fans, that's the last thing they need at the moment.

That stadium is not even close to being ready for football.
You don't have to be a building expert to see that.

Xmas?

Yep, we will see. But I think someone is kidding themselves and worst of all the fans, that's the last thing they need at the moment.

That stadium is not even close to being ready for football.
You don't have to be a building expert to see that.

Xmas?

The club would have to put a spin the size of BOJO's spin doctor to turn that around. Selling tickets for a space hat won't exist until Christmas would be a massive faux pas. I for one, wouldn't purchase a season ticket for Wembley

I’m pretty sure that once the grass is laid and the plastic covers taken off the seats then the psychological perception of the stadiums completeness will be different.

Yeah - and the internal fitting-out could be done very quickly indeed. The veil and cladding and surrounding amenities can take as long as they like.

Wanda Metropolitano this time last year:

36325126672_f5d75237a5_k.jpg

d3vGZvmMfI_ft20.jpg

XWBgyFD7KT_ft17.jpg

Back