• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT....Saudi Sportswashing Machine Rovers V Tottenham Hotspur.... OMT

I’m not saying it’s you. You have an opinion I disagree with but at least come at it in a balanced way. He is clearly singled out though - it’s undeniable.

Here’s the Ben Pearce thread as an example - a decent Spurs journo trying to be balanced:

‘The only reason you would be saying Sissoko had a good game is if you’re afraid of being banned for being part of the media that reports at the games’ ROFL

There were a few there that were far from OTT, yet youve just zeroed in on those.

And if the problem is on Twitter, why not tackle it there rather than jumping onto anyone here with a contrary view of him?

Youre arguing against an imagined enemy, try picking actual ones.

That says it all. He isnt good enough, so lets have the special Sissoko scale, its only fair - right?

Seems like the detractors have their own Sissoko scale. Does a perfectly normal job - 4/10.

I’m just watching the game back as we speak. So far, 20 mins in. Couple of times he’s tried to make a forward pass and it got incercepted. Decent run in the first 2 minutes winning that free kick. More than one time he’s been found in a flowing move and been used to release someone else down the right. Many times the defence have played out to him and lo and behold he’s found a team mate afterwards. And it sounds like I’m being facetious, it’s because these are the exact criticisms he gets accused of not being able to do. I’m expecting major, major fudge ups over the next 70 mins to justify how he was rated on here. To me, he has so far looked like a perfectly serviceable member of the team. I’ve seen Moura get tackled 4 times already, half not his fault, half probably were. I’ve seen Sanchez head the ball downwards directly to a Saudi Sportswashing Machine player directly in our half. I’ve not actually seen Kane touch the ball. And yes, people mentioned these players weren’t great, but they get a lot more rope. And as always, I’m arguing Sissoko, as one of our players, deserves the same amount. As always, the criticism he gets is way outsized based on the reality of his performance.

I also think part of Poch’s coaching is to get specific improvements out of players that end up being quite noticeable. So Dele’s versatility, Sanchez getting more comfortable playing the ball out into riskier areas. I saw Moussa hit a pinpoint cross field pass from right to left this summer in San Diego and wouldn’t be surprised if we start seeing him attempt riskier stuff. I’m sure, like last season, it will be about 6 months before he gets recognised for doing anything better (the tide is slowly turning, and more people seem to be recognising he is actually fine, but it takes time)

There were a few there that were far from OTT, yet youve just zeroed in on those.

And if the problem is on Twitter, why not tackle it there rather than jumping onto anyone here with a contrary view of him?

Youre arguing against an imagined enemy, try picking actual ones.

I was trying to be somewhat magnanimous...but it’s very obviously on here as well. It isn’t imagined. He gets outsized criticism compared to the reality of his performance. It’s as clear as day and isn’t imagined. I really don’t know how you can actually argue that fact.

i love an ugly tottenham win but that really was ugly against a team whose transfer record signing is STILL Michael Owen, yeh thats a stat. Makes a mockery of our transfer issues. The non marking for the toon goal will cause a sleepless night for any defensive coach. I think Poch's policy of not playing Toby until he's 100% focused on his job with us is the right thing to do for all parties. Kane is still clearly unfit/I hope there's not a long term issue there. Saudi Sportswashing Machine had too much space in the midfield at times, I could go on but I'll take 3 points from what was always going to be a banana skin and the hateful media wanting so badly to blame a bad start on levy not buying. two fingers up to the 4th estate. We will improve but we have to.

No other choice. Simple as that.

When has he ever been picked over fully fit alternatives?

He’s averaging 30 appearances a season. He started yesterday and we had two MF’s on the bench.

He’s also been a regular for France from u21 onwards.

At Toulouse and Saudi Sportswashing Machine he was almost ever present.

If he’s simply last man standing what kind of disaster has befallen the 30ish million men eligible for les bleus?

Having watched it back - pretty clear that Aurier had a bad game (charafteristically up and down, good things eg the assist, but so many chances to make a decision where he chose the wrong one)

Other than that, Eriksen and Moura weren’t great but I would put that down to attacking players always being likely to have less space to operate against a well drilled Benitez side. Kane wasn’t great either and it was more because of some poor control when he did get opportunities.

So - for the most part everyone in the team was average to good. Difficult for Moura and Eriksen but they didn’t have much space. Not great for Kane but again not much space - he just didn’t make the most of the small openings he did have. Aurier just clearly needs to improve his decision making. Not sure what the answer is but he needs to be better.

Having watched it back - pretty clear that Aurier had a bad game (charafteristically up and down, good things eg the assist, but so many chances to make a decision where he chose the wrong one)

Other than that, Eriksen and Moura weren’t great but I would put that down to attacking players always being likely to have less space to operate against a well drilled Benitez side. Kane wasn’t great either and it was more because of some poor control when he did get opportunities.

So - for the most part everyone in the team was average to good. Difficult for Moura and Eriksen but they didn’t have much space. Not great for Kane but again not much space - he just didn’t make the most of the small openings he did have. Aurier just clearly needs to improve his decision making. Not sure what the answer is but he needs to be better.

Scratch that, Lloris clear MoM. Did everything that was asked and did it amazingly well.

So It's "difficult" for Eriksen and Moura, but not for Aurier, because he was just bad? Hahaha!

So It's "difficult" for Eriksen and Moura, but not for Aurier, because he was just bad? Hahaha!

I guess that is what I meant...as I said he had a bad game. When he had time and space to make decisions he kept making the wrong ones. Eriksen and Moura never really had time and space. So you can’t say they had good games but against a Benitez team I don’t blame them for being crowded out. Their choice is then to go deeper to seek the ball or hold where they are to create space for others. As such I’m not surprised Dele was so good, given this, as he had the role that could come deeper but with the most freedom to get up in support, and take advantage of the space left.

I like Aurier, and think there is a player there. It’s not like every game he is this bad. But he has had a lot where he’s made poor decisions and he needs to cut it out otherwise KWP will be breathing down his neck. This season is make or break for him with us.

A Premier League athlete, a League Two footballer.

Yeah I think you're close to being on the money here.

I concluded the other day that he was a top 3 club player from league one but actually you're right, from an athlete perspective; physically, pace and also apparently mentially, he is a CL level player but ability wise, whilst league two I think is harsh, I would stick with top 3 club from league one / bottom 6 championship level.

So combining the two I think it's fair to say he is a player that should be at a top 6 championship club, one that flirts with nicking a play off spot like a Derby county or a Brentford.

I concluded the other day that he was a top 3 club player from league one but actually you're right, from an athlete perspective; physically, pace and also apparently mentially, he is a CL level player but ability wise, whilst league two I think is harsh, I would stick with top 3 club from league one / bottom 6 championship level.

So combining the two I think it's fair to say he is a player that should be at a top 6 championship club, one that flirts with nicking a play off spot like a Derby county or a Brentford.

Again, holding him to a ridiculous standard. I just watched the game back and he in no way stood out as a League 1 player. He just didn’t.

Are there players in League 2 that have more talent, better penetrative passers etc? Yes. But there are probably players that are better finishers that PL strikers. Defenders better in the air than some PL defenders. Tom Carroll is now in the Championship but he has more composure and ability than a heck of a lot of PL midfielders.

But, you can’t just pick out one part of his ability, and use that to denigrate him. ‘League 2 ability’ is massively exaggerated anyway. Everything combined means he is a PL and international player, a tournament finalist. A guy that has started in one of our biggest CL wins and someone who has played a career at the top level his whole life.

Moussa is like Draymond Green at the Golden State Warriors. He is known as physically strong but an amazing defender. Not just in the technical ability of defending but organising the whole team. Knowing when to call the switches, knowing how to spot danger developing and stopping it before it happens. His fans love him, even though I routinely see him air ball 3 point shots. It’s just nice that they can appreciate what they have, rather than try and say ‘pick-up ability, NBA level defensive class’.

I guess that is what I meant...as I said he had a bad game. When he had time and space to make decisions he kept making the wrong ones. Eriksen and Moura never really had time and space. So you can’t say they had good games but against a Benitez team I don’t blame them for being crowded out. Their choice is then to go deeper to seek the ball or hold where they are to create space for others. As such I’m not surprised Dele was so good, given this, as he had the role that could come deeper but with the most freedom to get up in support, and take advantage of the space left.

I like Aurier, and think there is a player there. It’s not like every game he is this bad. But he has had a lot where he’s made poor decisions and he needs to cut it out otherwise KWP will be breathing down his neck. This season is make or break for him with us.

I think Eriksen and Moura has way more time than they should have needed, they don’t have an excuse either.

I think Eriksen and Moura has way more time than they should have needed, they don’t have an excuse either.
I thought Eriksen was okay tbf. Yes, like every other player on the pitch he misplaced a few passes but overall he worked as tirelessly as ever closing players down and linking defence and attack. Got an assist from a corner and if memory serves, tested their keeper with a couple of long range efforts on target to boot. So, not brilliant, but not bad either.

I thought Eriksen was okay tbf. Yes, like every other player on the pitch he misplaced a few passes but overall he worked as tirelessly as ever closing players down and linking defence and attack. Got an assist from a corner and if memory serves, tested their keeper with a couple of long range efforts on target to boot. So, not brilliant, but not bad either.

Work was there, touch wasn’t, ball didn’t stick like it normally does, he also wasn’t up against much, he was considerably under par imo.

Moussa is like Draymond Green at the Golden State Warriors. He is known as physically strong but an amazing defender. Not just in the technical ability of defending but organising the whole team. Knowing when to call the switches, knowing how to spot danger developing and stopping it before it happens. His fans love him, even though I routinely see him air ball 3 point shots. It’s just nice that they can appreciate what they have, rather than try and say ‘pick-up ability, NBA level defensive class’.

Erm....I have no idea what any of that means, but I assume it means 'This chap named Draymond Green is good at some things and fans are happy with it.'

I don't disagree that he's good at some things - I think he's picked by Poch for a reason, which is that his versatility, work-rate and physicality are useful in shutting things down.

Problem is, he doesn't play in defense where just doing that would be sufficient for him to be a great player. He plays in midfield, which requires him to have some modicum of technical skill as well.

And there, he shuts *our* attacks down multiple times per game.

Which is why he's a Premier League player in terms of physicality (and probably work-rate and attitude, too), but a Championship player in terms of technicality. I'm not just saying that there are players with better 'penetrative passes' than him in the Championship - there are players better at *controlling a football* than he is in the Championship, and they actually make up a large proportion of Championship midfielders.

If we accept that, he'll be a useful asset. But the best teams would never accept it in a million years, is all.

Guardiola would have a *fit* if someone like Sissoko was at City, for example. And we have to accept that as a fact too.

Right, that's very fair. I was being too harsh with the League Two thing - upper mid-table Championship club sounds about right.

Serge simply brainfarts. Of the things he did Saturday which annoyed me the most, it was the persistent cheap possession he gave up. They were lapses of concentration, as if his brain jumps out of sync for a second or two and he makes a simple yet silly decision. IF Poch could simply get him to cut those out, he could develop into one hell of a player. But right now, I am not seeing it. The shame of it is you can see moments of sublime quality; the cross was superb.

Back