• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics

Is Poch is a Remainer? He's “sorry for the English people” and he references Brexit as contributing to us not signing players, as the weaker pound hit build costs. Or is this fake Guardian news? They seem all over halting Brexit today:

More than 100 seats that backed Brexit now want to stay in EU
Major new analysis shows most constituencies now have majority who want to Remain

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...100-pro-leave-constituencies-switch-to-remain

...could this sway Corbyn and Labour?

Last edited:
Reactions: DTA
Is Poch is a Remainer? He's “sorry for the English people” and he references Brexit as contributing to us not signing players, as the weaker pound hit build costs. Or is this fake Guardian news? They seem all over halting Brexit today:

Major new analysis shows most constituencies now have majority who want to Remain

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...100-pro-leave-constituencies-switch-to-remain

Well this is part of Soros and his project fear mark 3. I have said since Cameron delayed sending the letter after the vote that we would not leave the EU and nothing I have seen since has changed my opinion. But it took 3 project fears to get a narrow lead, pretty good going. But it is just a battle in a long war. One that the EU will never win not in the long term, when their tactic is fear and lies the EU will crumble eventually.

Anyway more importantly https://inhabitat.com/40-foot-shipping-container-farm-can-grow-5-acres-of-food-with-97-less-water/
it is the future

Didnt George Soros and his corrupt pals come out and say they were going to do this months ago. It is their plan ramping up pressure around party conference season. Surely you remoaners dont want to be beholden to some rich chap who is obsessed by the second world war and only looking out to make money on the currency markets.

I suppose that could bode well for a Norway type deal. Maybe not going to happen with PM Johnson though, assuming May is forced out and he replaces her.

Hopefully, Johnson as PM would cause so much revulsion amongst his colleagues that there would be enough Tories to get the 2/3rds of MPs to call a general election.

The tories want to be in government more then they care about anything else.

Thinking of joining the English Democrats myself. Corbyn I have had my doubts about but now they are getting more serious.

Didnt George Soros and his corrupt pals come out and say they were going to do this months ago. It is their plan ramping up pressure around party conference season. Surely you remoaners dont want to be beholden to some rich chap who is obsessed by the second world war and only looking out to make money on the currency markets.

The Soros trope is exclusive to the creepiest, alt-rightiest Brexit factions. It doesn’t reflect well on you.

The Soros trope is exclusive to the creepiest, alt-rightiest Brexit factions. It doesn’t reflect well on you.

It does not reflect well on you that your falling for his baloney and being the pawn of a billionaire playboy. My feelings on the EU go way back, on this site they go as far back as having a row with Leedspurs about not supporting Europe in the Ryder cup because I found the flag so revolting.

You should look into their association with other groups across eastern Europe first.

They are a little to far to the right, but one of the things I like about Corbyn is he is prepared for radical change. Unfortunately I am concerned about his racism so I am thinking of giving this other lot who are slightly dubious as well but I want radical change and frankly society has been to far to the left in this country for about 20 years.

Which is why I guess Boris has got through this veil thing with his popularity intact. I actually could not care less what people wear or what GHod they believe in, so if a Muslim woman wants to cover everything but her eyes, good luck to them. But Boris with his slightly crude jokes has tapped into how people have had enough of all this leftish politically correct twaddle.

Think he would stand a good chance of winning if he was a leader at a future general election. Would not get my vote though.

But now we have a new recruit. Smug :)

Soros doesn't need to make money. Brexit is not about money for him. Its ethics. If you could remember World War II and how many people were needlessly slaughtered you're going to appreciate the EU which has successfully replaced conflict with trade and cooperation.

Just as Remoaners should be able to critique Banks, Bannon etc shouldn't Leave supporters be able to criticise the intentions and actions of Remain backers?

Of course they should, but remain is in firm occamz razor territory.

...remain is just as (or more) biased as Leave. With all the media stories, Remain are feeling stronger, more certain and there are less and less Leavers putting their heads above the parapet. But make no mistake Remainers are deeply biased. Not balanced really. And all that does is makes Leavers more entrenched.

I don’t feel stronger, I see these headlines then get to the numbers, which are still crazy, that guardian article pegs it at 53/47, the reality still hasn’t gotten through.

...remain is just as (or more) biased as Leave. With all the media stories, Remain are feeling stronger, more certain and there are less and less Leavers putting their heads above the parapet. But make no mistake Remainers are deeply biased. Not balanced really. And all that does is makes Leavers more entrenched.

That is actually a fair point ( and true) i very rarely come into this thread now because of all the porting of rubbish and entrenched views of those who can not get over losing the vote in the first place. One member must be on a bonus for the number of stuff he brings into here :p

I don’t feel stronger, I see these headlines then get to the numbers, which are still crazy, that guardian article pegs it at 53/47, the reality still hasn’t gotten through.

Because its become entrenched, tribal, not rational. If it was a rational argument between 2 clear economic options we'd never have left. I'd suspect you would have a lot more Leavers abstaining now tho. These voters are still not happy with the status quo, and want change, but maybe they appreciate the problems associated with leaving the customs union more.

The next step is for a bright politician to deliver some of the sentiments of Brexit here in the UK, while staying in the EU. Corbyn tantalises but fails. Maybe he'll come good, but in this climate with the government in pieces a strong credible opposition leader should walk it. He or she would be well ahead in the polls, but Corbyn looks weak, unbelievable, and associated with the past. Which is a shame as some of his ideas are solid. He lacks the sheen, confidence and presentation that new labour had. So 50% of the voting population are left wanting some strong seismic change, without a credible politician to deliver it. Boris is no better.

Because its become entrenched, tribal, not rational. If it was a rational argument between 2 clear economic options we'd never have left. I'd suspect you would have a lot more Leavers abstaining now tho. These voters are still not happy with the status quo, and want change, but maybe they appreciate the problems associated with leaving the customs union more.

The next step is for a bright politician to deliver some of the sentiments of Brexit here in the UK, while staying in the EU. Corbyn tantalises but fails. Maybe he'll come good, but in this climate with the government in pieces and strong opposition leader would walk it. He should be well ahead in the polls, but he's weak, unbelievable, and associated with the past. Which is a shame as some of his ideas are solid. He lacks the sheen, confidence and presentation that new labour had. In short he's not plausible. So 50% of the voting population are left wanting some strong seismic change, without a credible politician to deliver it. Boris is no better.

I see Corbyn as as much of a problem as may at the minute, barely holding a split party together, if he was in No 10 things would likely be worse.

Just as Remoaners should be able to critique Banks, Bannon etc shouldn't Leave supporters be able to criticise the intentions and actions of Remain backers?

Yeah, but Soros had absolutely tits all to do with the stories cited, which were about a Focaldata poll, and the party conferences. So why bring him up? And it’s not exactly “criticising intentions and actions” to chuck random stuff about corruption and beholdenhood into the discussion.

I see Corbyn as as much of a problem as may at the minute, barely holding a split party together, if he was in No 10 things would likely be worse.

Hard to say. I think he could actually get a few things done. Nationalising the railways for example is not rocket science. He'd have the nation behind him too. The divide is with the establishment. The press, the CBI, the interests that be are deeply fearful. Probably unjustly so. Yes he would up tax on company dividends. But not by such a massive amount that it would change the lives of the rich. Corbyn's problem is building consensus. Blairs success was he could pander to business make the right noises.

How much of politics is about logical action and how much presentation? Brexit itself was won with emotion, and rational economic analysis was shoved to the side. So I agree Corbyn would be too divisive, but i don't know if he'd be any good as the PM. I think he could make some dramatic positive changes, but he won't get elected.

Back