• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Goon Thread - Officially Second In A One Horse Race

I think Wellbeck could become a real player under this new manager. Not that the scum will do that well this season, hopefully it takes a year or so to settle for him. Suprised they didn't go for someone like Eddie Howe or even Marco Silva who don't need to get up to speed. Howe especially, he could have been the next Poch. I'm glad they didn't go for him.

I don't believe I'll ever see an English manager be in charge of a top 4 side.

Ex players like Gerrard and Lampard have an outside chance as they are "names" but it's all about your world image for the top clubs, most English managers only get a chance at clubs with limited resources and have to get results based on hard work and strong defensive play, they rarely get the opportunity to work with high class players or big budgets so don't get the experience which puts them at the back of the queue as far as top teams are concerned.

Ex players like Gerrard and Lampard have an outside chance as they are "names" but it's all about your world image for the top clubs, most English managers only get a chance at clubs with limited resources and have to get results based on hard work and strong defensive play, they rarely get the opportunity to work with high class players or big budgets so don't get the experience which puts them at the back of the queue as far as top teams are concerned.
Tim Sherwood (eighth best win percentage in history of PL) says hi! :eek: :D :D

Like our young players, maybe young British managers would be better looking overseas to learn their trade and earn a chance with a bigger club.

Eddie Howe to be the next Spurs manager when Poch leaves......you heard it hear first

Wouldn't surprise me, but, post-Poch, I would prefer getting someone who's actually won something and managed a team that competes at a higher level than mid-table.

My preferences are based on the idea that we want to win things at some point, though - a view that might not be shared by upper management.

Like our young players, maybe young British managers would be better looking overseas to learn their trade and earn a chance with a bigger club.

Yep I like it. I know a lot knock him but I think it helped Hodgson a great deal improve as a tactician and manager.

Wouldn't surprise me, but, post-Poch, I would prefer getting someone who's actually won something and managed a team that competes at a higher level than mid-table.

My preferences are based on the idea that we want to win things at some point, though - a view that might not be shared by upper management.

Ahhh, you're not "done" after all. What did it for you?

Chainsaw sharpening? Canoe paddle varnishing? Testing recipes for freshly picked pine cones? Nuffink like a restorative week in the Gatineaus, eh?

Ahhh, you're not "done" after all. What did it for you?

Chainsaw sharpening? Canoe paddle varnishing? Testing recipes for freshly picked pine cones? Nuffink like a restorative week in the Gatineaus, eh?

Reminds me, I've got to PM you about that and get your recommendations on things to do in Gatineau - if you'd be okay with that?

I work there, but I've been mostly up and about on the Ottawa side of the river, and I'd like to change that in time.

As for being 'done', I *am* done. Watch me during the next transfer window, if you'd like - if Levy sells Kane for Fraizer Campbell on loan, I'll chuckle, and that's about it.

No more expectations on what he should do - I'd like him to do certain things, but I'm not going to get mad if he predictably doesn't.

Back