• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Best film of the 80s - The Long Good Friday v Die Hard

Which film is better?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

milo

Jack L. Jones
The Long Good Friday

Directed by John Mackenzie
Produced by Barry Hanson
Written by Barrie Keeffe
Starring Bob Hoskins and Helen Mirren

v

Die Hard

Directed by John McTiernan
Produced by Lawrence Gordon and Joel Silver
Screenplay by Jeb Stuart and Steven E. de Souza
Based on Nothing Lasts Forever by Roderick Thorp
Starring Bruce Willis, Alan Rickman, Alexander Godunov and Bonnie Bedelia

I think both of these films are great. Die Hard is one of my favourite ever films though, so I have to vote for that.

He was also very good in Mona Lisa (which is another very good film).

Anything else he done that I should keep an eye out for?
He's got small parts in Brazil and Room For Romeo Brass. Most of his film choices after Mona Lisa seem to be for the money.

Didn't he go mad after Who Framed Roger Rabbit? As in, carried on hallucinating cartoon animals even when it was no longer part of his job description?

Reactions: DTA
I know someone called Errol. Because of The Long Good Friday, I always think "Errol The Ponce" when I hear his name.

This is actually a tough one. Both very very good films.

Exactly what I thought. One of the favourites is going to bite the dust here. So so close, that LGF gets the vote, the scene with the Americans just swings it

"The mafia? I've sh't em"
and
"A sleeping partner's one thing,but you're in a f#cking coma"

Die hard really is a good film. I'm just wondering if all that have voted for it over LGF have seen LGF?

LGF and maybe Get Carter are probably the best two British Gangster movies.

Although would be interested to hear others views on that, and other recommendations.

Back