• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Toby Alderweireld

I really can't see he has any choice but to. Playing devils advocate, I wonder if Poch will now feel hard done by having to play a player he effectively benched last season?

Well, they need to bury the hatchet. If Toby is purposely being a clam then that’s another matter. Fully accept we don’t see what he’s like behind closed doors but he comes across like a good pro, says all the right things on social media, bigs up Spurs etc.

For now, he’s still a Spurs player and at worst he’s our second best CB so I hope he signs a new deal and plays 30+ league games.

I’ll be blunt. IF Toby wants to STFU and be a professional (a la Modric “that” season) then there is NO DOUBT the manager will welcome him back for the season. Poch is not an idiot, and one of his greatest strengths has been claiming anything from dissenters and deadweights that he has to work with (what he did with Danny Rose last season, let alone Sissoko, is wonderful).

So yeah. Toby. Pick your toys up mate, settle down and give it your best to get back to BEING the best!!!!

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Last edited:
Even though he played very well there for lots of 16/17 season? And Poch keeps saying he could become the best CB in the league

Dier would have to cut out the brainfarts and signifcantly improve his range of passing to become the best CB in the league. He (Poch) also compared Marcus Edwards to Messi.

He's only 24. I think Verts and Alder were both still cutting their teeth in the tinkle poor Dutch league at that age

There's no way Toby will want to sit on the bench for the whole season. So he knows that he will have to be professional and play 100% and then Poch will pick him. He can be a big asset for us, even if it's just for one more year.

There's no way Toby will want to sit on the bench for the whole season. So he knows that he will have to be professional and play 400% and then Poch will pick him. He can be a big asset for us, even if it's just for one more year.

Tought titties. He's made his reason for being in football clear. He still gets paid so he should be happy. Him and Rose can STFU from now until May.

Tought titties. He's made his reason for being in football clear. He still gets paid so he should be happy. Him and Rose can STFU from now until May.

My point is, in order to not sit on the bench, he will be giving 100% to make Poch want to pick him. I don't think it will be an issue with either him or Rose, they will both train and play hard to try and get in the first team. And that's good for us.

My point is, in order to not sit on the bench, he will be giving 400% to make Poch want to pick him. I don't think it will be an issue with either him or Rose, they will both train and play hard to try and get in the first team. And that's good for us.

Yeah fair enough, he's just tinkled me off with his attitude. He earns more than anyone could ever need in life and yet he wants to fcuk us over and join a team managed by Mourinho. If as you say, we have a motivated Toby it can't be a bad thing. I would however laugh if he injured his hamstring again in early May.

Dier would have to cut out the brainfarts and signifcantly improve his range of passing to become the best CB in the league. He (Poch) also compared Marcus Edwards to Messi.

Toby had a few early doors last season. In fact one of the worst saw Dier get slated for not mopping up after him. Sorry. I am biased I admit. Toby had a great chance to sign a very very fair (over-generous IMV) deal and he didn't. Add that to his, err, (alleged!) "approach" to matters on and off the training ground and I think that he has to show up and show up big-time. He believed the hype and he drank the Kool-Aid. It is on him to show he can knuckle down.

Toby had a few early doors last season. In fact one of the worst saw Dier get slated for not mopping up after him. Sorry. I am biased I admit. Toby had a great chance to sign a very very fair (over-generous IMV) deal and he didn't. Add that to his, err, (alleged!) "approach" to matters on and off the training ground and I think that he has to show up and show up big-time. He believed the hype and he drank the Kool-Aid. It is on him to show he can knuckle down.

I must say, I’m absolutely loving the withering assessment of Alderweireld from United in this Daniel Taylor articls in the Guardian:

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...ho-wishlist-cash-fears?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

It seems that, like Rose, Toby decided that as an individual, he was probably beyond us, and it wasn’t great coaching, a cohesive system or a platform to showcase his skill that meant he stood out, it was mostly him. And he has seriously over estimated his worth, making a move to get out at the wrong time.

Hopefully he grovels a bit to Poch, because if he does he will be an asset to us. And then he can bugger off next summer. Maybe United will pay 25M for a 31 year old. Or maybe they’ll have moved on.

I must say, I’m absolutely loving the withering assessment of Alderweireld from United in this Daniel Taylor articls in the Guardian:

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...ho-wishlist-cash-fears?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

It seems that, like Rose, Toby decided that as an individual, he was probably beyond us, and it wasn’t great coaching, a cohesive system or a platform to showcase his skill that meant he stood out, it was mostly him. And he has seriously over estimated his worth, making a move to get out at the wrong time.

Hopefully he grovels a bit to Poch, because if he does he will be an asset to us. And then he can bugger off next summer. Maybe United will pay 25M for a 31 year old. Or maybe they’ll have moved on.

I am not always Daniel Taylor's hugest fan, but he has nailed this big-time.

I am not always Daniel Taylor's hugest fan, but he has nailed this big-time.

It sounds like he is writing with some authority/insight into Utd. If accurate, it's interesting to hear there was only ever one conversation between Levy & Woodward, and that came from Levy enquiring about Martial and another unnamed player. Yet it spawned a summer of rumour,counter rumour and angst that we were going to sell to a rival. It demonstrates how much rubbish is out there.

Poch during his presser: "I want to communicate to my team that football is about loving the game, if you don't love football and you see it as a business you cannot work with your teammates."

Directed at Alderweireld I'd say.

Yes, I thought that. Very clear message imo.

It sounds like he is writing with some authority/insight into Utd. If accurate, it's interesting to hear there was only ever one conversation between Levy & Woodward, and that came from Levy enquiring about Martial and another unnamed player. Yet it spawned a summer of rumour,counter rumour and angst that we were going to sell to a rival. It demonstrates how much rubbish is out there.

Yes, I thought that. Very clear message imo.

This.
We were NEVER going to sell him to Man U. And I still don't believe we were ever really seriously interested in Martial.

Back