• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer 2018 transfer thread

Although not in the ranks of the distraught, I have trouble being persuaded that it is not such a bad thing that we have no incomings or outgoings. I find it difficult to believe this was all part of some masterful strategy. For a start there are still likely to be outgoings to Europe. It is difficult to argue that standing still will help us finish ahead of the teams that finished ahead of us last season. Teams behind us have improved. And the reports that we bid for various players, if true, suggest that we believed we could improve but have failed to do so.

Still sell until the 31st #netspendtrophy

Talkbrick are literally cumming into their mics. The Levy out phalanx are in full force. It's so bad, it's good

Haven’t listened to it for years, but v amusing.

“Spurs will be RAVAGED by injuries” ummm, why?

Can’t wait for the season to start now.

It's a fairly open secret that they want rid so we could have got an agreed fee in the deal we could trigger, it seems he has the playing style we're looking for. A player who can bring the ball from deep and Poch was interested in him only 6 months ago which is usually a good sign. He's a good age, looked good at Valencia but has been played out of position a lot at Barcelona rather than being plain bad. Still a risk but idea with the loan is a kind of try before you buy.
Cool, thanks for the reasoned response...

I'm less bothered because my take is that we are actively promoting ourselves as a club that brings youth through. I was very impressed with Winks before his injury and glad to see him returning to full fitness along with Onomah (who I have great hopes for this season in the mix). Signing Gomes to me would probably hinder their chances of getting more game time whilst giving our academy players more question marks to stay...

If Gomes does ok and Everton attempt to sign him, (and Poch is still keen) then who's to say we couldn't pick him up in the summer ala Toby/Southampton.

Sissoko is a useful player, and I have a feeling we'll come to need him this season. There are others that we don't need, like Nkoudou.

See this is why we should never listen to each other on a forum :) id rather use Nkoudou who has looked tidy in pre-season. Where as Sissoko has not exceeded bang average in even his best game.

Cool, thanks for the reasoned response...

I'm less bothered because my take is that we are actively promoting ourselves as a club that brings youth through. I was very impressed with Winks before his injury and glad to see him returning to full fitness along with Onomah (who I have great hopes for this season in the mix). Signing Gomes to me would probably hinder their chances of getting more game time whilst giving our academy players more question marks to stay...

If Gomes does ok and Everton attempt to sign him, (and Poch is still keen) then who's to say we couldn't pick him up in the summer ala Toby/Southampton.

That is of course very true but we run the risk of it being an open market if he does well but we can't worry too much about what happens in a year, hopefully we'll have moved onto bigger and better things.

I agree there, Winks was looking fantastic but hasn't done a full season yet (no fault of his own) so hopefully he can stay fit. Just worried that most of our midfield are injured or unfit and have a history of picking up injuries (Dembele, Winks, Wanyana).

In Jan i hope we did like with Moura and go out and sign one or even better two players ahead of the summer. DeLigt and Pulisic are the ones for me. I have big doubts about Vertonghen and Eriksen remaining with us so lets get in potential replacements as early as possible

I'm pleased we haven't strengthened Utd by selling Toby...bit worried we'll leave ourselves short if foreign teams come in for the likes of Rose Dembele...

I know we have a decent squad and I can only hope continuity and stability will serve us well

I don't know how to feel about this...really dont

Someone please tell me how to feel...

I was more concerned at the end of last season when I worried that we might lose one or two of our top players. Hugo captaining France to the World Cup has also shown me I was talking gonad*s when I thought we needed someone else to do that job.

So, relax and enjoy!

Last edited:
Back