• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer 2018 transfer thread

I wonder what happened with Toby and United? They can't have been put off by his wage demands?

Or we wouldn't sell without invcomings?

It never fails to amaze me that there are some fans who think they know what we need better then the guys who are actually working at the club.

There are few things here and I touched on it on another thread, you are of course right, we know not like Poch, thats spot on, but we can go on what has been said and the fact we have not signed anyone and that is that Poch is content with what he has so he has to succeed to whatever level success is for us with what he has.

I wonder what happened with Toby and United? They can't have been put off by his wage demands?

Or we wouldn't sell without invcomings?

I would assume Utd via Toby's agent (his father right?) said "how much will they accept?" and they never received a satisfactory number?

That's how it works these days right?

I really hope we don’t sign anyone crap for the sake of it.

The Spurs of old would have sold Kane, Dele or Eriksen this window. The fact it hasnt even been roumoured they will leave and we only need to sell on our terms is a huge success overal.

Would have liked Sessegnon but I guess he would cost £70m.

The Spurs of old would have sold Kane, Dele or Eriksen this window. The fact it hasnt even been roumoured they will leave and we only need to sell on our terms is a huge success overal.

So what, £70m is a small, shrewd investment... Sess will be worth £140m in a few years, speculate to accumulate Rodney.
It's really not tricky in a flourishing market like this - get rid of the deadwood for half their value, invest in the best talent around... reap the rewards in 3 years and nobody will be saying "ah, but you could have got another £4m for N'Koudou a few years ago"

Where does Gealish sit on your scale?

Why is spending 70 million on one player an issue?

We have wasted more on brick

I would assume Utd via Toby's agent (his father right?) said "how much will they accept?" and they never received a satisfactory number?

That's how it works these days right?

He would (and may still be) awesome for them. His reading of the game, and distribution is exceptional. He's also not bad at the dark arts - a skill applied off the pitch which probably fuked off Poch! But the two can put their differences asside, and we could play 3 at the back, with all 3 CBs able to stride into midfield to great effect.

So what, £70m is a small, shrewd investment... Sess will be worth £140m in a few years, speculate to accumulate Rodney.
It's really not tricky in a flourishing market like this - get rid of the deadwood for half their value, invest in the best talent around... reap the rewards in 3 years and nobody will be saying "ah, but you could have got another £4m for N'Koudou a few years ago"

Fair point. We could pay the £70m and then sell NK, Janssen, Rose (maybe) before the end of August to recoup some of it.

Seems to be we only even buy *after* selling.

He would (and may still be) awesome for them. His reading of the game, and distribution is exceptional. He's also not bad at the dark arts - a skill applied off the pitch which probably fuked off Poch! But the two can put their differences asside, and we could play 3 at the back, with all 3 CBs able to stride into midfield to great effect.

If he's still here come the end of the window (the actual end, there are some big clubs out there in the rest of Europe who may come sniffing...) then that's the hope I suppose. I can't think of a player that Poch has had "issues" with that has stayed at his clubs though?

Where does Gealish sit on your scale?

I quite like him as a player.

However think we saw a sub £20m bargain before Villas new owners came in. Then when the price went up we thought about it and didn’t want him that badly.

Don’t think he’ll improve much at Villa tbh

The only glimmer of logic i can take from the window atm is that it's better to sign no one than it is to sign players just for the sake of it - if we were to panic buy a load of toss before the window closes that would put that particular theory out the window

if we were to panic buy a load of toss
This made me think of Kazayuki Toda, Umbulelo OJ Mabizela, and the best one of all, Bongani Khumalo who probably never kicked a ball for us but MAN did we sell a lot of Spurs shirts in South Africa. Did we? Er, no.

The only glimmer of logic i can take from the window atm is that it's better to sign no one than it is to sign players just for the sake of it - if we were to panic buy a load of toss before the window closes that would put that particular theory out the window

Arguably we have some toss to get rid of as well, if we go buying more the squad is incredibly bloated!

Back