• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer 2018 transfer thread

Well i am sure that you and everyone else has never met someone who does not make mistakes, everyone does but Levy seems to make less then most chairman and the proof is where we are as a club now compered to when he first took over.

I agree. I am not damning him for making mistakes but your earlier post made him sound like he couldn't be criticised. I think he's wrong and offered reasons for why I think he's wrong. Others have offered opposing views on why they think he's right. That's all fair enough.

But "Well, he's a great chairman so he must be right" isn't much of an argument or discussion. I'm not saying that was your point but that's sort of how it came across.

I agree. I am not damning him for making mistakes but your earlier post made him sound like he couldn't be criticised. I think he's wrong and offered reasons for why I think he's wrong. Others have offered opposing views on why they think he's right. That's all fair enough.

But "Well, he's a great chairman so he must be right" isn't much of an argument or discussion. I'm not saying that was your point but that's sort of how it came across.

I have made a lot of posts over the last 24 hours about Levy ( and to be honest they have been in several threads) But i HAVE said he is not above criticism and like every one else does make mistakes. If i remember the post was along the lines of yes he has made mistakes but his track record shows he make far more RIGHT decisions then wrong ones.

The point is that there are several fans who have always slagged him off ( usually at this time of the year) not saying you are one of them and its usually without reason and on little knowledge of the circumstances behind those events.

I have made a lot of posts over the last 24 hours about Levy ( and to be honest they have been in several threads) But i HAVE said he is not above criticism and like every one else does make mistakes. If i remember the post was along the lines of yes he has made mistakes but his track record shows he make far more RIGHT decisions then wrong ones.

The point is that there are several fans who have always slagged him off ( usually at this time of the year) not saying you are one of them and its usually without reason and on little knowledge of the circumstances behind those events.

Fair points. I've put forward an argument that makes perfect sense to me based on my understanding of the facts in the public domain. I'm sure if Levy came on here to explain himself, he could throw in a bunch of information I hadn't even considered.

But ill-informed opinion is all part of the fun particularly on transfer deadline day :)

Its the end of next season which will be the weirdest given the number of key players who, at the moment, would be on short contracts

For the first season in a long time we will potentially have 3 players who want to leave in Dembele, Toby and Rose and thats going to be interesting on how we manage that as a club. I know some fans on here believe Toby will play to same levels he always did before etc but I don't personally think he will, its such a total different kettle of fish with players with their head out the door.

Anyway Poch has endorsed the policy today so lets see where it leads us, he has no hiding place nowand should deliever 4th and a trophy with what we have, no excuses of personel

For the first season in a long time we will potentially have 3 players who want to leave in Dembele, Toby and Rose and thats going to be interesting on how we manage that as a club. I know some fans on here believe Toby will play to same levels he always did before etc but I don't personally think he will, its such a total different kettle of fish with players with their head out the door.

Anyway Poch has endorsed the policy today so lets see where it leads us, he has no hiding place nowand should deliever 4th and a trophy with what we have, no excuses of personel

there are how many clubs with massively different budgets to us, Poch has to perform against our place on the wages table, no more no less

Add Eriksen (1 year left next summer) and Vertonghen (1 year left currently)

Fair points. I've put forward an argument that makes perfect sense to me based on my understanding of the facts in the public domain. I'm sure if Levy came on here to explain himself, he could throw in a bunch of information I hadn't even considered.

But ill-informed opinion is all part of the fun particularly on transfer deadline day :)

I guess we should all be used to it by now, as you say we know very little on what REALLY happens behind closed doors, what makes it even harder is all the flimflam ITK that is around at this time of the year. Sadly there are those who take what they read from these bull brickers as truth and when it fails to happen look for spacegoats ( again not saying you are one of these) but they are those on here who do. And when all these things fail to happen there is only one man they look to blame and that is Levy.

It never fails to amaze me that there are some fans who think they know what we need better then the guys who are actually working at the club, although i guess some of them are so good at winning on kids football games they think its as easy in the REAL world. As i said in another thread i would have loved to us to have signed Martial but i am not going to have a meltdown because it looks like it will not happen, however there will be those who will and its stupid ( imo) because NO ONE knows the real reason it has not happened.

Re: outgoings. I think clubs like Man United used to love picking up our best players as it also weakened us at the same time.

Toby (even at £60m) would probably be the best CB signing they could make, but I think they realise we’ll spend the cash on someone almost as good and are therefore put off.

Same with Rose. (We’d probably but someone better)

MAN UTD UPDATE

Here's Frasier Dainton with the latest from Old Trafford.

"The hours are ticking away and it’s getting closer and closer to the possibility of Manchester United not doing any business at all on Transfer Deadline Day.

"A string of central defenders on the list slowly, but surely, have crosses put by the side of them one by one.

"Diego Godin was a no-go straight away because they were told he was signing a new contract. Jerome Boateng has been training with his Bayern Munich team-mates this morning.

"Claude Puel is reiterating Leicester’s stance that Harry Maguire is going nowhere and it’s gone very quiet on Toby Alderweireld."

"Godin’s agent was actually the one who approached Manchester United this week, saying the player was keen to come to Old Trafford and a deal could be done.

"It’s my information that United made an offer for the agent to take to the Atletico board and within hours Godin signed a new contract on improved terms at Atletico Madrid, earning him 7.5m euros net per year.

"To be clear, Mourinho would have been keen to sign Godin, but he believes the desire on the agent’s part was always to leverage the situation to get a new contract for his client."

Utd played?!

MAN UTD UPDATE

Here's Frasier Dainton with the latest from Old Trafford.

"The hours are ticking away and it’s getting closer and closer to the possibility of Manchester United not doing any business at all on Transfer Deadline Day.

"A string of central defenders on the list slowly, but surely, have crosses put by the side of them one by one.

"Diego Godin was a no-go straight away because they were told he was signing a new contract. Jerome Boateng has been training with his Bayern Munich team-mates this morning.

"Claude Puel is reiterating Leicester’s stance that Harry Maguire is going nowhere and it’s gone very quiet on Toby Alderweireld."

Can't wait for Jose's press conferences if they sign no one and start badly.

Back