• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Taking stock for 5pm...

KWP is not going to be covering LB. He's not a LB and is nothing but emergency cover for that area.
I'd expect Toby to carry on for the next 6 months, so CB is sorted until he leaves.

We look to be playing a 3 man midfield right now, but the question is where Dele fits in that. He could be used as a #10 behind a front two or as one of the #8's. For arguments sake, I'll say he's a #8 alongside Eriksen with Winks, Sissoko and Dembele able to rotate in. DM could be trickier, as Wanyama might be broken long term. Amos might be ok there, but it's a lot to expect of him so early on so we may need strengthening in the next window.

Up top, we need someone to rotate with Kane. In a 4312, I can see us using two from Kane, Son, Moura. Martial or someone like him, would be ideal as it would give us an extra body for both roles. In a 433, we only have Son to play LWF and need another there, with Lamela and Moura covering the RWF slot.

Conclusion
============
New LB
Scout a new senior CB
Scout a possible DM candidate
Buy a new LWF/Pacy forward

OR

Hotspur Related‏ @HotspurRelated 27m27 minutes ago
Kyle Walker-Peters will be promoted as #thfc second choice left-back should Danny Rose leave the club. [Independent]

Our 3rd choice right back is now our 2nd choice left back?

OR

Hotspur Related‏ @HotspurRelated 27m27 minutes ago
Kyle Walker-Peters will be promoted as #thfc second choice left-back should Danny Rose leave the club. [Independent]

Our 3rd choice right back is now our 2nd choice left back?

I know he is right footed but KWP has played more as a LB anyway
Everyone wants 15/16 Rose but that player doesnt exist anymore, the world cup showed that, away from spurs and form didnt improve. Not saying he is shot, but im not sure there is much between Rose and KWP on current form

Never been particularly impressed by him at LB, in the little Ive seen.

That said, Rose has hardly been good either so as you say - maybe not such a difference.

Yes! Yet another transfer thread. Just what we needed!

I saw it as less a transfer thread with speculation and rumours, more a pre-empt of how we might shape up come 5pm tonight, and to discuss a best / worst case scenario.

What it has made me realise is that we seem to be looking at positions that we probably don't really need!!!!! Whether Toby / Moussa / Rose stay or not, why would they be motivated to play for a club who've made it public knowledge are happy for them to go.

I saw it as less a transfer thread with speculation and rumours, more a pre-empt of how we might shape up come 5pm tonight, and to discuss a best / worst case scenario.

What it has made me realise is that we seem to be looking at positions that we probably don't really need!!!!! Whether Toby / Moussa / Rose stay or not, why would they be motivated to play for a club who've made it public knowledge are happy for them to go.

Mousa said he wasnt sure he could physically do it anymore / wants to run down contract so not motivation issue
Toby as everyone has said, Utd have offered money for everyone but him and career suicide if he doesnt put effort in
Rose is a backup LB and i suspect has burnt his bridges and wont be here

If we were talking Eriksen we should be worried, but these are 3 of the older players all who have patchy injury records and need to put a shift in or career is going one way

They have? Was that Poch in his press conference just now? Or are you taking baseless press snippits as fact?

Ok, you got me, it was a Sky Source, but based on what they've heard from the club. Either way, there's rumour which are evident film flam, but to declare that Spurs are happy to let those three go seems quite a big statement unless there's some truth in it. If it was all BS, Spurs surely would've quashed that rumour as it's damaging to the clubs relationship with it's players.

Imagine you heard a rumour that your boss no longer wanted you at your place of work. Or that your missus was no longer interested in you. You'd want some seriously good reassurances from the other party to want to carry on with full commitment, no??

Ok, you got me, it was a Sky Source, but based on what they've heard from the club. Either way, there's rumour which are evident film flam, but to declare that Spurs are happy to let those three go seems quite a big statement unless there's some truth in it. If it was all BS, Spurs surely would've quashed that rumour as it's damaging to the clubs relationship with it's players.

Imagine you heard a rumour that your boss no longer wanted you at your place of work. Or that your missus was no longer interested in you. You'd want some seriously good reassurances from the other party to want to carry on with full commitment, no??

Spurs not responding to BS reports in public doesnt mean they arent sat with the players behind the scenes right now making sure everyone knows where everyone stands.

We are, IMHO, the tightest lipped club out there. We never bite, we never comment, we never "set the record straight".

This is the main reason why, again IMHO, the press just run wild with us every window. Its without consequence.

If we are willing to let them go, Im sure those conversations have been had. Everybody will know where they stand, in both if they leave or stay.

EDIT: Put it this way. I hear a rumour about my boss wanting me gone, do I
A) go and talk to him
B) write something up on the group intranet in response?

CM is higher priority than CB for me:

Wanyama seems crocked and we've been trying to sell him

Dembele is also on/off injured and might not be 400% committed to the cause give we've also tried to sell him, and he has 1 year left on his deal

and Winks has also been injured for pretty much all of 2018 I think....

and given we're not overstocked with CBs, then Dier needs to fill in there

Yet we have so many midfielders. I think its hard to shift players at the moment. The wages PL players are on makes it hard to sell them. Without China bailing out average overpaid stars, many teams are left with players they'd happily punt on.

We could also see Alli and or Eriksen slot into midfield making more room for Moura, Son, Lamela up top.

Who are our outstanding midfielders? It will probably by Dier + but who is that? Dembele? Dier and Alli? Dier and Eriksen?

Last edited:
Even if it's not intended as a criticism of Poch, it's a reasonable one. He needs to mature as a manager and get over his obsession with respect.

Why? He sees Fergie as one of his benchmarks and he ran a similar ship. Seemed to work well for him.

So, same as last season then, but with more Moura and Lamela mixing it with the primary 3 AMs, and Winks and Onomah doing more lifting for Dembele.

EDIT: Put it this way. I hear a rumour about my boss wanting me gone, do I
A) go and talk to him
B) write something up on the group intranet in response?

Punch the taco in the face and fcuk his wife. Want you gone fudge him who does he think he is. I mean obviously he thinks he is your boss but sack you. Nah fcuk him and the horse he rode in on.

Back