• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer 2018 transfer thread

No - I mean the european teams can carry on trading after today.

So, for arguments sake - we pulled off that £70m Tah/Bailey double deal with Leverkusen, they have time after today to reinvest that money and strengthen the team.

Where as, we spend that on Zaha, Palace are up against the clock to make any moves they need to.

Forgive me for being thick, but I don't get it - does this mean English teams are allowed to do business with other European teams after 5pm today? Re. @Gutter Boy saying we can still sell Rose to Schalke for another three weeks.

We can not buy after 5pm but we can sell until 30th - does put us in a bad situation as the clubs we are selling to know we are desperate.

Cheers. Not very optimal, but at least there will be no further additions after the season starts. Let's hope a broader agreement about the shorter transfer window will be the next step.

Cheers. Not very optimal, but at least there will be no further additions after the season starts. Let's hope a broader agreement about the shorter transfer window will be the next step.
I believe there is a broader agreement next year that the window will shut in the major leagues at the start of their season, however this situation will still arise because their seasons start after ours.

If we want a unified end of window we would probably have to delay the start of our season (Spain don't want it sooner because of the heat) - we wont do that so no real chance of consistency - we cant marry up the fact that we want the window shut before the season starts and we want our season to start prior to other European countries.

Aug 9, 2018 - You're probably feeling especially energetic but with little if any outlet for your energy, Aquarius. Increased irritability and frustration could tempt you to take it out on friends, children, or your significant other. On days like this you might want to consider jogging, yoga, or aerobics. These can produce endorphins that override the stress. Go for it.

Today's ITK for Levy is not promising.

Back