• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Thoughts on the new season

superfaisty

Nico Claesen
Given we’re not far off the start was wondering what people’s thoughts were for the coming season.

I’d be happy with:
A fight for top 4 all season- Emirates Marketing Project n pool will likely fight it out for top spot, manure shd get 3, so leaves us n the goons n possibly Everton fighting for 4th. Cheatski will struggle while they get used to their new managers tactics.

A decent champions league run- no doubt get another tough group so will have some big games no doubt we’re no way near good enough squad to win it so would be good to get into the knockout phase.

Use the carabou cup to blood some youngsters- unlikely but would love to see Poch use the whole squad more, n give some of the youngsters more of a go

Decent fa cup run- be happy with semis if we can get there- we should be in full flow post Christmas.

Really want to see moura be given a run in the side.

Really hope Lorente gets a few goals hopefully in August while Harry rests up

Want to see Kyle walker peters given more experience

Would love to see aurier play well and not look like a red card liability

I could go on but what are your hopes for the coming season?

Weirdly, one of the things I want to see is Onomah playing a first team role for us. Maybe not like Winks early last season, but maybe like Winks the season before. Just seeing the players shooting their green screen walk ups, he looks bloody tall and like he's bulked a bit. I don't think Poch loaning him to a Steve Bruce side was ever to see him playing in his true position, or to help him play better passing football, it was almost a deliberate move to get him playing for a manager that has a win first ask questions later type attitude. Because Josh has always had the talent, he just needed to believe he can be a difference maker. I hope he plays a role this year.

I'm also really keen on seeing if Lloris can improve his distribution. With Allison, Ederson, and if Chelsea get this Kepa in, keepers will have really gone up a level in terms of how they can be a weapon with the ball at his feet. I love Hugo, and as an experienced head he is vital for us. But he needs to be as committed to improve as everyone else, and I'd be very keen to see if his long passing can match up to the other top keepers. Will follow that with interest.

Can Llorente add real value this year? Will also be interesting to see.

How good can Eriksen, Son, Kane and Dele get? Can they reach a higher level? Can they push us on even if our only addition is Grealish?

Other than that, we'll finish top 6. Where within that is anyone's guess, so I'm hoping we win the FA Cup. And that Sissoko if he's still here is treated like part of the squad with the support he deserves, rather than as a laughing stock by Spurs Twitter.

I''m not sure that I can comment on this til 5.01pm on Thurs - too many variables for both us and other teams between now and then which could impact what we should expect to achieve

Win. Something.

Win something. Please.

Other than that, finish top six, because anything else is increasingly unlikely. But if we win something, I really don't mind.

We should have won the CL last season. We were the best team in it. Just that stupid sucker punch from Juve

Madrid with Bale would have been a different prospect.

City may take their eye off the ball in the league this season though, Pep has to win the CL.

I want Rodel Richards write his name into folklore and score the first goal at the new stadium.

Walker Peters to become second choice to Tripper and Onomah, Winks and Richards get more game time.

Maybe see Poch use a different formation this season, a 4-3-3 as discussed in another thread with @billyiddo . Poch does seem to introduce formation tweaks year after year to change up our play. With Dembele and Wanyama fitness issues, perhaps we'll see Dier as the one holder with Dele and Eriksen completing a midfield 3. Son, Kane and Moura up top with Lamela getting lots of minutes covering various positions. Hopefully we also see Winks fit again and back to his best, he'll be a valuable squad member.

Will we keep Toby? If so, will he get utilised as a first-team player? That could mean 3 at the back for many games (something I like).

Would love to see us get to the top of the table in the early stage of the season, say the first 10 games. See how our players go as front-runners. We're good enough to get some wins on the board early on, can't wait to see us try.

I literally have noe idea what to expect. Too many variables; new stadium, World Cup fatigue, fitness issues with several players, transfer speculation with others, no new arrivals, strengthened rivals, etc.

Then again, we are a fairly young and settled squad coming from three consequtive top three finishes, so while there's a lot of uncertainty on my side, I won't be surprised if they impress again.

City and Pool likely to battle for top two I guess. So third again?

I'm hopeful of another top four finish, but it will be tough, so not expecting it in any way. Hopefully we can win a trophy. It's been too long now.

To think we went 8 years from the fa cup win in 91 to the league Cup win in 99, then 9 years from that to the league Cup win in 2008 - then 10 years now without a trophy. I see a bit of a sad pattern forming, hah.

Would be good to see a few players take their chances and step up this season, seeing as we're not signing anyone.

Other than that I'm just looking forward to getting back home, and hopefully getting over to watch a match in the new stadium. I can't bloody wait for that! :D

I literally have noe idea what to expect. Too many variables; new stadium, World Cup fatigue, fitness issues with several players, transfer speculation with others, no new arrivals, strengthened rivals, etc.

Then again, we are a fairly young and settled squad coming from three consequtive top three finishes, so while there's a lot of uncertainty on my side, I won't be surprised if they impress again.

City and Pool likely to battle for top two I guess. So third again?
Agree fully. Quite a bit of uncertainty especially for the first month or two of the season. But a lot of reasons to be positive.

Back