• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

It's amazing we have ever managed to get any corporate sponsors at all isn't it. Kind of disgusted with AIA clearly whatever they are they are Jewish or they would not have touched us.

Never realised holston was a Jewish drink thought that was salty wine. But as they say everyday is a school day. I am never to old to learn stuff. Kind of shocked at just how many Jewish companies are out there. Did not know about Thompson's either, never booked a holiday with them but I guess if I ever do I was smash some glass under my foot under a tea towel.

Yid army
Given that the racist myth is that Jews run the world you’d think getting a rich sponsor would be easy. As a Red Sea pedestrian myself I’m disappointed in my tribe.

From Gl3n over at Skyscrapercity.

Pics_Art_08_05_12_05_51.png

Pics_Art_08_05_12_07_34.png

Pics_Art_08_05_12_09_36.png

Pics_Art_08_05_12_11_34.png

Pics_Art_08_05_12_13_08.png

Pics_Art_08_05_12_14_53.png

You do know that, according to the creators and owners of the company, it is named after the classical Greek winged goddess of victory, and is pronounced "nikey", don't you?
If it's the Greek winged goddess the correct pronunciation would have to be Nikki. Stupid Americans.

This all hangs together now. Last time I was in the US I was amazed by the number of HSBC t-shirts, on preppy types and street kids alike. Every time I got my First Direct card out the cashiers would get excited about this cool British HSBC spin-off and demand selfies with it.

Real shame Levy couldn't pull the deal off.

I would not be shocked if its not all dead mate

Its only the PC phalanx that have imbued the term with any yiddish meaning. Until Bideal flagged it up, almost no one under 50 knew the history of the term. Yid is the same as Goon. Yidish is not the N word, no one uses the ethnic term anymore - since the 1970s -for almost half a century! As for putting a hurdle in front of Levy thats a load of gonads. Only those who give the term a racial meaning are putting up hurdles, for the rest its just a term like Goon, but with a prouder history should you dig deep enough. That history is something Americans particularly - with a number of refugees who fled racism to the US - would also be proud of.

Be very wary of wiping out any culture and history of a club for modern souless branding. You can't create histroy. It is there. It is what makes the club what it is today.

Like so many of the Yid-word 'apologists' you conveniently and continuously overlook the context of how the 'Yid Army' chant is now being used.

There's many a game when the opposition fans aren't remotely generating religious hostilities with chants or songs or gestures. But before long, out rolls the 'Yid Army' chant with neither provocation nor justification for it's use.

There's a group of Spurs fans who now use it to wind up rival fans. And they do, which only begins to re-invigorate the vicious cycle of debate about its usage. Which eventually makes its way into media and marketing endeavours where it is seen by neutrals as an unwanted aspect of the club and hinders its potential growth.

Like so many of the Yid-word 'apologists' you conveniently and continuously overlook the context of how the 'Yid Army' chant is now being used.

There's many a game when the opposition fans aren't remotely generating religious hostilities with chants or songs or gestures. But before long, out rolls the 'Yid Army' chant with neither provocation nor justification for it's use.

There's a group of Spurs fans who now use it to wind up rival fans. And they do, which only begins to re-invigorate the vicious cycle of debate about its usage. Which eventually makes its way into media and marketing endeavours where it is seen by neutrals as an unwanted aspect of the club and hinders its potential growth.

Yes because it has no racial connotations anymore! It's no different to singing Poch's Blue and White Army. You imbue the chant with race, I'm not sure why? Those singing it don't. Opposition fans don't. Up until Beidel's article about 5 years ago, most Spurs fans were not even aware of any history of the term. Many just thought it a name like Goon - which it is now. Lets hope those trying to be PC don't change the meaning of the word back again. That would be ironic.

Regardless of whether you like the word or not, how on earth has it hindered THFC’s growth? Our kit sponsor is Nike - clearly they don’t see any issue with it. No stadium deal is going to be scuppered because football fans sing a word. There’s all sorts of homophobic, sexist and other nonsense sung every single match. It doesn’t make it right, but the £££ are still very much there.

I guess this sort of reminds me of the Mexican soccer federation asking their fans to stop chanting puto at opposition goalkeepers. The difference is that that word still has homophobic connotations whereas Yid doesn't anymore? I haven't been a fan long enough to really appreciate and grasp the history of that term so that's just my two cents. All I can say is that it's definitely nothing like the n-word to whomever was comparing it to that. That's just ridiculous.

Back