• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Marcelo Brozović

His agent says he has a great engine, good with both feet, and plays a bit like Pirlo :)

Well he would say that wouldn't he :)

If he is good enough to make an immediate impact for us this season I'm guessing he would have been good enough to start a couple of games for Croatia in the World Cup?

I'm well happy when we sign talented youngsters, although in central midfield we already have Bentaleb and Carroll...

Hopefully if we sign him his agent is on the money ;)

If he is good enough to make an immediate impact for us this season I'm guessing he would have been good enough to start a couple of games for Croatia in the World Cup?

I'm well happy when we sign talented youngsters, although in central midfield we already have Bentaleb and Carroll...

Hopefully if we sign him his agent is on the money ;)

To be fair no shame in being behind Modric, Ratikic and Kovacic in midfield for Croatia.

We should seriously look at loaning young players right back to clubs after we've signed them, imo. Might be a bit of a 'Chelsea' thing to do, but a) it might help us knock a few million quid off the transfer fees, b) it might ease the bad feelings clubs seem to have towards us have after a few weeks spent negotiating with Levy, c) it would probably help the lads make a more gradual transition to London and the UK more generally (spending a year learning English in a familiar environment at their initial club, making trips to London on the weekends/holidays to acclimatize, etcetera), and d) it would give us a year or more to give to our current set of players in the position said youngster plays in an opportunity, thus shielding us from accusations of giving up on players too easily.

It might help prevent situations like Dos Santos's from occurring, and would also probably avoid players rushing into the club and under-performing badly/picking up injuries in their eagerness to impress (Lamela). This Brozovic lad and that Driussi chap would be good test cases for such a policy, imo, if we're actually seriously pursuing them.

Just seen a link from Sportsmole.co.uk saying we are reportedly close to signing the Inter Milan midfielder.

Never heard of them, and dont know him. Even if it is true, is he any good?

Was in and out of the Croatia team as DM during the world cup. He sat deep in midfield allowing Modric and Rakitic to push on. I can't say that he stood out or I remember anything particularly notable

Was in and out of the Croatia team as DM during the world cup. He sat deep in midfield allowing Modric and Rakitic to push on. I can't say that he stood out or I remember anything particularly notable

I remember him having a really good World Cup. Also remember thinking he wasn’t an out and out DM like Dier. Used the ball really well - good forward passes etc. Probably more of a box to boxer but could defo play a holding role of sorts.

He hasnt seemed certain to stay, has he?

And I think there is merit in replacing him now as well, his powers are on the slide so we need to sooner or later (whether he is sold or not)

I'd be suprised if this happens. The Italian press have linked him to us the last two summers before this IIRC and he's still there.

Back