• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Fixture & Ticket News 2018/19

I'd like to see an allocation of away tickets and cup final tickets go to members, maybe 5-10% depending on the game so they can at least have a chance. There's plenty of supporters who will never get a season ticket due to where they live or family etc but are still loyal fans which is reflected in their loyalty points. Then there's plenty of season ticket holders who rarely go and resell on their tickets that get ahead of them.

I'm surprised this hasn't been considered yet, not seen it in the trust notes.

I'm a season ticket holder and I have advocated that for while. Personally, I think its vital to give those as members an incentive to still be a member.....if its just a window to buy a ticket for a home game then I don't know how sustainable into the future that is and you risk alienating an important portion of the fanbase who for whatever reason aren't ST holders but would actively love to go regularly away as well as home games.....it can simply be down to being born only 20 years ago which has restricted you from being higher up the members list, to get a ST etc

We get 3,000 on average for away PL games and I think 10-15% would be fair. that's 300-450 tickets that should be balloted just for members. The club and the trust could do it but its too much like hard work and they don't consider members important enough which is a shame.

I'm a season ticket holder and I have advocated that for while. Personally, I think its vital to give those as members an incentive to still be a member.....if its just a window to buy a ticket for a home game then I don't know how sustainable into the future that is and you risk alienating an important portion of the fanbase who for whatever reason aren't ST holders but would actively love to go regularly away as well as home games.....it can simply be down to being born only 20 years ago which has restricted you from being higher up the members list, to get a ST etc

We get 3,000 on average for away PL games and I think 10-15% would be fair. that's 300-450 tickets that should be balloted just for members. The club and the trust could do it but its too much like hard work and they don't consider members important enough which is a shame.

Great post.

As Bronzies, me and the missus used to be able to get to at least 6 away matches a season. Unfortunately since the introduction of the £30 cap and the big increase in team performance over the last few seasons, even one is almost impossible without help from a kind STH who is not attending.
Such a shame because we really enjoyed the days out to the likes of Stoke,WBA,Villa,Everton,Sunderland etc;

Would be great if members did get a small allocation, but can see both sides of the argument as gutting as it is

As a season ticket holder who goes to all home and away games i do not think members should take tickets away from S/T holders who are prepared to put their money down in advance for games.

It may be a shame for members who want to go to the odd away game but if someone is willing to buy a S/T then they should get first wack. I accept that there will be some who disagree with me though.

Great post.

As Bronzies, me and the missus used to be able to get to at least 6 away matches a season. Unfortunately since the introduction of the £30 cap and the big increase in team performance over the last few seasons, even one is almost impossible without help from a kind STH who is not attending.
Such a shame because we really enjoyed the days out to the likes of Stoke,WBA,Villa,Everton,Sunderland etc;

Would be great if members did get a small allocation, but can see both sides of the argument as gutting as it is

It isn't all that long ago that nothing outside of Arsenal was a foregone conclusion when it came to members getting tickets.

It'll be interesting to see what, if anything happens to membership numbers as it becomes ever more obvious that ticket-related benefits are degrading. If it were anything significant, surely the club would be comercially obliged to act.

Unfortunately (from my own point of view and that of similarly placed members, at least), I suspect a large majority of membership purchases are souvenir/connection-based purchases, rather than related to ticketing opportunities. In which case, the status quo is unlikely to be pressured.

As a season ticket holder who goes to all home and away games i do not think members should take tickets away from S/T holders who are prepared to put their money down in advance for games.

It may be a shame for members who want to go to the odd away game but if someone is willing to buy a S/T then they should get first wack. I accept that there will be some who disagree with me though.

I don’t think anyone has a gripe with ST holders like yourself who get away tickets and actually go to the away games. It’s those who get the away tickets for the points but then sell them on, not now and again, but as a matter of course. That obviously impacts on ST holders with lower points as well as members.
There is no easy way to stop that, short of having to show ID to collect a ticket, which is probably not practical.

I don’t think anyone has a gripe with ST holders like yourself who get away tickets and actually go to the away games. It’s those who get the away tickets for the points but then sell them on, not now and again, but as a matter of course. That obviously impacts on ST holders with lower points as well as members.
There is no easy way to stop that, short of having to show ID to collect a ticket, which is probably not practical.

Well to be honest i honestly do not know anyone who does that ( and in our group we have over 40 who travel together), however i am sure that there must be some who do that ( but hand on heart i do no know any who do). I would have no problem with showing ID but as you say it may not be practical, i do not know what the answer is to be honest.

I suppose one could argue that home ST holders aren't putting their money down in advance for away games?.....but I take your point.

I went to 5 away games last year as a member BUT none of those were bought as a member but re-sells from ST holders, that's the food chain and I accept it. I pay extra but I love away days and I love Tottenham.

With reference to my above post...I think the away tickets that get subscribed to our corporate crowd find there way on to the re-selling market.

With reference to my above post...I think the away tickets that get subscribed to our corporate crowd find there way on to the re-selling market.

Yes you are probably right with that. I don’t have any evidence other than anecdotal. There are usually plenty of away tickets from sale on twitter, often from the same names. They could just as easily be touts though.

The season ticket is for a seat in the stadium for home games. Why should only ST holderes, who already have the privilege of being able to attend every home game, have exclusive right to go to away games also? It doesn't make sense.

Well to be honest i honestly do not know anyone who does that ( and in our group we have over 40 who travel together), however i am sure that there must be some who do that ( but hand on heart i do no know any who do). I would have no problem with showing ID but as you say it may not be practical, i do not know what the answer is to be honest.
I'm part of a group that has gotten hold of away tickets several times, and the tickets we've bought had always come from the same st holders.

The season ticket is for a seat in the stadium for home games. Why should only ST holderes, who already have the privilege of being able to attend every home game, have exclusive right to go to away games also? It doesn't make sense.

You get that privilege ( which is the wrong word anyway) by paying and commiting your money up front.

As for the rest of your opinion needless to say i disagree.

This. Was gutted not being able to go to Everton, just up the road, for the 1st time in years. What made it worse during the week, a guy posts a video of facebook on him at the game and as he pans around to show the fans in full voice, during the game, you could count at least 50 empty seats

You get that privilege ( which is the wrong word anyway) by paying and commiting your money up front.

As for the rest of your opinion needless to say i disagree.
Yes you pay for a seat in the stadium. That shouldn't mean that any other member can't get tickets for away games! The system is ridiculous as it is. There should at least be SOME possibility to get tickets for regular members.

Yes you pay for a seat in the stadium. That shouldn't mean that any other member can't get tickets for away games! The system is ridiculous as it is. There should at least be SOME possibility to get tickets for regular members.
Could it also related to security issues? ST holders have more to lose if they make trouble at away grounds.

Fair comment but there are members with in excess of 600 LP's which probably shows more dedication than many season ticket holders if you factor in having to log in and book for every game etc. They could at least trial is say 5-10% for all non category A games or something.

I know I'll never buy another season ticket but used to go to away games fairly regularly, even Chelsea and West Ham used to go on general sales just a few years ago.

Back