• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I liked Erik Lamela before it was cool

I reckon he could get 15 goals in the "Lampard" role but he is constant turning the ball onto his left foot will fudge me off at least a couple of times next season.

He has scored 18 for Roma in one season
But he played centrally a lot for them that season cutting in from the right, but it was his first season as an unknown in that league

Over here he gets it on his left and makes a lot of onvious moves where defenders know he can’t use his right now

Last edited:
Even though he drives an automatic...

4986448_ori.jpg

Erik Lamela relishing new season with Tottenham

Tottenham midfielder Erik Lamela says he is raring to go for the new season and is hoping he has finally put his injury problems behind him.

The 26-year-old Argentina international was out for more than a year with a hip injury but returned last season, making 33 appearances and scoring four goals.

He is with the squad in the United States preparing for the International Champions Cup and is looking forward to playing a major part in the new campaign.

"I am ready for the next season," he told Sky Sports News. "I am preparing in training to try to arrive at my best fitness and condition to play.

"It was difficult, for one year and two months I stopped playing football and it was really hard for me but now it is different, now I am ready, I am training normally with the team and this is very important for me."

Lamela, who joined Tottenham from Roma in 2013 for a then club-record £30m, recently signed a new four-year contract which will keep him at Spurs until 2022.

"I am very happy with this," he went on. "It is a pleasure for me to play for this club. I have very good relations with my team-mates and all the people that work here."

Lamela has already made a promising start to pre-season scoring a hat-trick in a 6-0 win over Southend and he is now hoping to impress in the International Champions Cup.

Tottenham are playing three games beginning against Lamela's former club Roma on Thursday. They then face Barcelona on Sunday followed by AC Milan next Wednesday.

Spurs kick-off their Premier League campaign against Saudi Sportswashing Machine on August 11 live on Sky Sports.

http://www.skysports.com/football/n...ik-lamela-relishing-new-season-with-tottenham

------------------------------------------------------

Lamela really should aim to score at least 10 league goals next season. For all his work rate and creativity, lack of goals have been his main weak point. Let's hope he will be more ambitious and confident in front of goal next season.

I don't think i am being harsh at all, many times people are in good positions to receive the ball and he will hold on to it for that 5 seconds longer and then either run into the opposition and lose the ball or the opposition get back into position and the counter is gone.

Not slating him as a player as i do rate him, its just this is clearly part of his game he needs to work on.

Okies, fair enough, Stop! Hammer time I guess. It's just I've not see him anymore at fault in the way that you describe than say, Kane, Son, Dele..

If I were to be critical on him, I'd say it's his goal return and it's something I feel he can substantially rectify, if given more time in a central forward role.

lamela holds onto it too long as he doesn’t use his right foot... when he does it can be brilliant which is frustrating

What he did do more of when he was back and confident last season was use that right peg and he was better for it

He also put in a great right footed cross the other night that we scored from

lamela holds onto it too long as he doesn’t use his right foot... when he does it can be brilliant which is frustrating

What he did do more of when he was back and confident last season was use that right peg and he was better for it

He also put in a great right footed cross the other night that we scored from

I have commented before that when I saw him in practice during the Toronto pre-season 4 years ago, he was hitting powerful and accurate shots with his right foot. I think it is purely a confidence thing and hopefully he is beginning to trust that he can succesfully use his right foot.

I have commented before that when I saw him in practice during the Toronto pre-season 4 years ago, he was hitting powerful and accurate shots with his right foot. I think it is purely a confidence thing and hopefully he is beginning to trust that he can succesfully use his right foot.

I think it is

So much in football is about balance and confidence. Balance to play the game and confidence to hit the ball

I’m right footed but can play well on my left because I’ve taught myself not to think about it ... lamela has everything to do the same just a million % better

I think it is

So much in football is about balance and confidence. Balance to play the game and confidence to hit the ball

I’m right footed but can play well on my left because I’ve taught myself not to think about it ... lamela has everything to do the same just a million % better

My grandson is 10 and left footed which gets him playing lb or lw and he wants to be cf so he spends about half hour each night practicing with his right foot, all professionals should show the same application.

Lamela's at his best when he moves the ball on quick. Dallying in possession is his default when he just comes back from a layoff, but when he's in the grove he does move it on after a touch or two, and that coupled with his superb vision can be devastating.

Another thing I noticed is that he does get in very dangerous positions in an around the box. He often doesn't get the pass when its on (Kane sort it out mate) but the instinct is good. I think he'd make a good false nine along the lines of how Firmino plays. So say if Kane is out for whatever then I'd like to see Son and Moura pushed up into the corners and Lamela as the 9. Sort of like Liverpool but without the punts.

he does get in very dangerous positions in and around the box. He often doesn't get the pass when its on
Yes, he is excellent at following shots in and making darts into the danger zone* as the ball is delivered

*We really need a name for the 12 yards square outside the 6 yard box ... you know... the square around the penalty spot... the killing zone.... destination G... the cube of win.... the quadrant of destruction... the Lameloid... that bit

Last edited:
Yes, he is excellent and following shots in and making shots into the danger zone* as the ball is delivered

*We really need a name for the 12 yards square outside the 6 yard box ... you know... the square around the penalty spot... the killing zone.... destination G... the cube of win.... the quadrant of destruction... the Lameloid... that bit
I vote for the cube of win cause it's 3d and cooler sounding.

Last edited:
Too many Spurs players seem to be getting injured in training. It will be really disappointing if Lamela is not fully fit when the season starts. Let's hope Lamela will be fully fit by then.

Back