• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Preseason 2018

Just watched the game ( for the first time) hard to read much into a pre season friendly but i must say i am looking forward to seeing Moura, he was excellant in the first half and i think we have a star there.

I remember being excited when Spurs played Barca at Wembley - and Livermore scored a header. How times change

I remember being excited when Spurs played Barca at Wembley - and Livermore scored a header. How times change
Oh yeah, I remember that Wembley Cup game. Lightning struck some signalling on Chiltern Line which delayed my train, then we had to queue up for about 30 minutes to pick up tickets because hardly any had been posted out. After all that I didn’t even get to see us play Messi, as Guardiola rested most of his first team.

For some reason, we have rarely played Barcelona in in our history. In fact, we have only played Barcelona in 2 competitive matches which was in the semi finals of the 1982 Cup Winners Cup. In those 2 matches, we drew 1-1 at home before losing 0-1 away. Apart from that, we drew 1-1 with Barcelona in the pre-season Wembley Cup in 2009. So, we have never beaten Barcelona in our history. It will really boost our confidence if we can beat them for the first time in this match.

With most of our first team players still resting after the World Cup, this is going to be a tough match against Barcelona. Lamela, Moura and Eriksen need to be at their best to inspire us in this match. Llorente scored 2 goals against Roma but not sure if he will get any chance in this match. Or maybe being a Spanish player he will lift his game to prove a thing or two against Spanish champions Barcelona.

We need to control the midfield to have any chance of getting a good result in this match. A bit worried about our defence without Lloris, Vertonghen and Alderweireld. We need to avoid making silly mistakes in defence or it might get ugly for us. Still not convinced of Vorm in goal. Will prefer Gazzaniga to start in goal instead.

It is going to be a tense match even in a pre-season friendly match like this. Let's hope we will play well and get at least a draw to lift our confidence for the upcoming season.

Players missing for Barca;

Marc-André ter Stegen, Gerard Piqué, Samuel Umtiti, Yerry Mina, Thomas Vermaelen, Jordi Alba, Sergio Busquets, Ivan Rakitić, Philippe Coutinho, Ousmane Dembélé, Lionel Messi, Luis Suárez

Back