• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Zaha

Why do you think this "English" player would be available for just £15m in the current market?

Because he's barely played in the EPL and is a bit of a long shot. Will we get £15m for Reo Griffiths?

£15m is about the fee Everton and Leipzig are negotating around

Because he's barely played in the EPL and is a bit of a long shot. Will we get £15m for Reo Griffiths?

I’ll have what your having....

Griffiths hasn’t payed a first team game for anyone

Lookman has played for 3 clubs already, and abroad in that time

The only caveat I would add is that Everton would struggle to argue his value has gone up since they brought him as they haven’t played him and arguably they have got worse... but we know foootball doesn’t work like that

If Reo Griffiths goes abroad he goes on a free so no, we would not get £15m for him

If Reo Griffiths goes abroad he goes on a free so no, we would not get £15m for him

In defense of GB i don't think he's saying Reo Griffiths is worth/will cost 15m, he's saying he won't cost 15m because he hasn't done anything yet and is using that as a reason as to why Lookman won't cost much more than 15-20m

Don't know how it would impact our budget but if he is available at that price he would be worth a punt, but presumably hes leaving Everton because of a lack of first team football which he'd find harder to come by here i guess so probably a non starter

Replace Sissoko with Zaha and I think we have upgraded …. still not convinced with Zaha to be honest. If he is one on one in front of goal I can see him doing a sissoko/zokora more often than not.

Would prefer a pacey player that actually can cross the ball has technique and can use his noggin

Just to be clear, I wasn't saying I'd want to pay 50 mil for Richarlison. I'd want us to do neither. However, Richarlison is miles better than Zaha was at the same age. Zaha hadn't scored more than 4 goals in a single season until his age 23 season. Richarlison did that in his FIRST season as a 20 year-old coming from Brazil. Last season, Richarlison accounted for 9 goals, where Zaha accounted for 12. And he'll be 26 in February!

I'm sorry, that's not a 70 million pound attacker, not even close. At least with Richarlison, you're paying for potential.

He's not 70 million pounds better than Moura or Lamela, especially when we're working with a limited budget and needing to replace a few extremely important players (Dembele, Alderweireld). I can see them spending big on Martial, because he can also fill our back-up striker need, but breaking our transfer record by a mile to sign a good option off the bench when we already have them, is insane imo.

Struggling to understand your logic other than you clearly do not like the player (though, after that disgusting instagram post, can't say I blame you).

Miles better at his age... Adel Taarabt was miles (and miles) better than 80% of current attackers in the premiership at 19. Fat good that was. Who cares how many goals he scored at 21. Some players develop later than others. Incidentally Richarlison actually scored 4 league goals last season, all in purple patch which then dissipated as quickly as it came, to the extent that he was benched by a mid/lower table team. And you would prefer him to a player who kept a doomed team in the Premiership practically on his own.

This "better than..." is - no disrespect - a puerile argument that should remain in school playgrounds. Better in what? Is he better than Dele in getting into the box and scoring goals? No! Is he better than Eriksen in seeing space and threading an impossible ball into it? No, again. But is he better at taking on opponents, a beating one, two or even three players in areas which hurt the opponent and disrupting their shape. Most definitely YES; and that also includes Moura and Lamela, who have different strengths to bring to the table. So the question is not whether he is 70 mill better but, IMHO, should be rephrased as... is it worthwhile spending 70 mill to bring this skill set into our squad? Those supporting a Zaha transfer - myself included - will say Yes because if we fail to make top 4 next season, it will almost certainly be because we have failed to beat enough teams beneath us, teams who set out to frustrate putting everyone behind the ball. While we need to see what Moura can contribute in these situations, the impact of the rest of the current squad is well known and we will struggle again to break these teams down without someone able to pull out something special in terms of flash of magic. For that, I would definitely pay 70 mill.

As for being a "good option off the bench"... I have seen enough supposedly learned posters claim that player X or Y is not good enough for our first team (just go to the beginning of the Harry thread) only for them to have to eat big chunks of humble pie months later. All I can say is.... does Zaha have the attributes to become a regular starter? Once again, anyone without an underlying bias, would have to conclude that the potential is there. Whether he then takes that up, is something only time would tell.

Struggling to understand your logic other than you clearly do not like the player (though, after that disgusting instagram post, can't say I blame you).

Miles better at his age... Adel Taarabt was miles (and miles) better than 80% of current attackers in the premiership at 19. Fat good that was. Who cares how many goals he scored at 21. Some players develop later than others. Incidentally Richarlison actually scored 4 league goals last season, all in purple patch which then dissipated as quickly as it came, to the extent that he was benched by a mid/lower table team. And you would prefer him to a player who kept a doomed team in the Premiership practically on his own.

This "better than..." is - no disrespect - a puerile argument that should remain in school playgrounds. Better in what? Is he better than Dele in getting into the box and scoring goals? No! Is he better than Eriksen in seeing space and threading an impossible ball into it? No, again. But is he better at taking on opponents, a beating one, two or even three players in areas which hurt the opponent and disrupting their shape. Most definitely YES; and that also includes Moura and Lamela, who have different strengths to bring to the table. So the question is not whether he is 70 mill better but, IMHO, should be rephrased as... is it worthwhile spending 70 mill to bring this skill set into our squad? Those supporting a Zaha transfer - myself included - will say Yes because if we fail to make top 4 next season, it will almost certainly be because we have failed to beat enough teams beneath us, teams who set out to frustrate putting everyone behind the ball. While we need to see what Moura can contribute in these situations, the impact of the rest of the current squad is well known and we will struggle again to break these teams down without someone able to pull out something special in terms of flash of magic. For that, I would definitely pay 70 mill.

As for being a "good option off the bench"... I have seen enough supposedly learned posters claim that player X or Y is not good enough for our first team (just go to the beginning of the Harry thread) only for them to have to eat big chunks of humble pie months later. All I can say is.... does Zaha have the attributes to become a regular starter? Once again, anyone without an underlying bias, would have to conclude that the potential is there. Whether he then takes that up, is something only time would tell.
This. It always makes me laugh when people state on here as fact what games a potential signing will be playing. As if we’d spend around 70m on Zaha for him to just be on the bench/squad player anyway....

It would be an interesting to see how Poch could improve Zaha and in what areas.
After all he is young and looks to be reasonably talented, so could Poch move him up to the next level?

We don’t need Zaha. I think he’s a good player but...why are we wanting to sign him?

We have Son, Lamela & Moura. We don’t need another player in that role.

I’d prefer the money was spent elsewhere. Still, if Pochettino wants to bring Zaha in, then let’s get him in as I’m wanting Pochettino to get full backing with what he wants, even if it doesn’t mirror my thoughts

Replace Sissoko with Zaha and I think we have upgraded …. still not convinced with Zaha to be honest. If he is one on one in front of goal I can see him doing a sissoko/zokora more often than not.

Would prefer a pacey player that actually can cross the ball has technique and can use his noggin

I'd really like someone like Lucas Moura from PSG - he'd fit that brief perfectly

Who: Hercules
Where: SC
When: 28th July 2018

------------------------------------------------------------

Regardless if Zaha plays today for Palace, they have accepted bids as Goat bleated yesterday.

Our package is much better, plus CL, which he really wants. We have never stopped talking to his team. Poch has spoken to him in the past. More I can say on that, but best not to

I have always said we want him, though it may be difficult.

I fancy our chances-Praying hands

Back