• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Preseason 2018

How did Amos play during the game. Is he a potential breakthrough for this season?

Just finished watching it; he was physically strong, held position well, showed a good range of passing and touch.

Thought he did very, very well and deserved his starting place. I'd be happy seeing him in the cup side this year

I'm a bit suprised that no one else on here has commented on the change in formation we saw against Roma. We definitely did not play in the 4231 some of the websites report we were in.

From what I could tell it was a 442 diamond, with Lamela at the tip behind Llorente and Moura. There was a lot of interchanging between Lamela, Llorente and to a lesser extent Eriksen. The shape seemed to suit Sissoko too, who on the right hand side had a very good showing. He was still limited when play slowed down, but as we were often breaking at pace, he looked more of a threat than just a stop gap.

We defended in a 433, but it looked stretched at times. As play went on we saw Lamela and Moura dropping in more often to make a midfield four. Our defence and GK were poor when passing out under pressure. Some of this could be because of the shape, some because of the inexperience with some of the personel.

With Wanyama absent, Amos did an admirable job and certainly got better as play went on. He was usually positionally aware and aggressive, pressing and challenging with tenacity. His passing was on the heavy side, but like him it got better as the game progressed.

I watched until the 65th minute as had work this morning. Amos looked good but the commentators were bigging him up far too much. Lucas, Eriksen, Lamela and Llorente were a real handful, Son and Alli have their work cut out.

Was a very good watch but its only a friendly.

Gazzinaga looks ready to displace Vorm as #2 soon

Sent from my SM-T819Y using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app
Was thinking that too. I have no quibble with Vorm's keeping as such, it's his poor distribution that time and again puts us straight back under pressure. And today it was what indirectly led to Roma's early goal.

Whereas it was noticeable that when Gazzaniga took over from him midway through the second half he used the pass out to his defender much more judiciously, more often preferring safety via a long clearance or accurate long throw further upfield.

Of course today's game was far from being a reliable guide to how he would perform under real pressure. That said he immediately looked much more assured and commanding which helped restore a sense of control back to our defence.

He pulled off an impressive save second half too. Given he was also outstanding in his one appearance last season his promotion above Vorm may not be too far off.

I watched until the 65th minute as had work this morning. Amos looked good but the commentators were bigging him up far too much. Lucas, Eriksen, Lamela and Llorente were a real handful, Son and Alli have their work cut out.

Was a very good watch but its only a friendly.
Watched with the commentary on mute all the way through and found it impossible not to be impressed. Tbf by the 65th minute most of his good work had already been done.

How much do you think we get paid for appearing in this tournament? It's nice to get better exposure, money and opposition but I kind of liked some of the lower key friendlies and it's nice for the other clubs as well to get a bit of revenue in. I hope we at least do a bit of a mix rather than alternating between Asia and the US.

How much do you think we get paid for appearing in this tournament? It's nice to get better exposure, money and opposition but I kind of liked some of the lower key friendlies and it's nice for the other clubs as well to get a bit of revenue in. I hope we at least do a bit of a mix rather than alternating between Asia and the US.

Judging by the other clubs participating, the appearance fees must be quite high.

Maybe, but there was a pattern of movement that said they had trained in the system. It could be Poch trying fresh ideas, but if they show promise it could stick.

Without wanting to be difficult about it, without the first team present, what would be the point?

I guess if he was just testing some tactics then maybe? Honestly though I just dont see much to read into it. Usually its only the last game or two that gives any real indication of how we are looking to go into the season.

Was thinking that too. I have no quibble with Vorm's keeping as such, it's his poor distribution that time and again puts us straight back under pressure. And today it was what indirectly led to Roma's early goal.

He pulled off an impressive save second half too. Given he was also outstanding in his one appearance last season his promotion above Vorm may not be too far off.

re Vorm - its odd as he was known as a ball playing GK at Swansea and good at it to.

re Gazzaniga - opinions huh, after that game I thought he was completely unsuited for us, may be good for another team but cant see him ever coming off his line like our system needed. Convinced that he was a place holder for Pau Lopez on a Levy special.

Finally Poch made some early subs!
:D

When we were 4-1 up. :D
re Vorm - its odd as he was known as a ball playing GK at Swansea and good at it to.

re Gazzaniga - opinions huh, after that game I thought he was completely unsuited for us, may be good for another team but cant see him ever coming off his line like our system needed. Convinced that he was a place holder for Pau Lopez on a Levy special.
True he did not come off his line and if that is a known weakness then fair comment, but there was no real need to in this game.

I still believe Gazzaniga deserves a chance as deputy for Lloris, you won't get a second string keeper completely without faults but you really don't need one that consistently creates chances for the opposition through rank poor distribution.

:D

When we were 4-1 up. :D

True he did not come off his line and if that is a known weakness then fair comment, but there was no real need to in this game.

I still believe Gazzaniga deserves a chance as deputy for Lloris, you won't get a second string keeper completely without faults but you really don't need one that consistently creates chances for the opposition through rank poor distribution.

He tried once against Zaha and made a bit of a mess of it - I don't have a strong opinion on Gazzaniga or Vorm- I don't see them as a number 1 keeper. I was convinced we did the dirty on Espanol over Lopez and reading reviews on him, admittedly not my own opinions, I thought he could have been our next #1 (had the correct skillset).

I would like to have our number 2 keeper be our next number 1 are any of our youth keepers worth the risk?

He tried once against Zaha and made a bit of a mess of it
Considering that was his PL debut and all eyes were on him maybe he should be allowed a bit of slack for that?

At the end of the day he was mighty impressive that game and won plenty of plaudits for his all round performance. Even the consummately experienced Lloris committed an absolute howler in the WC final no less.

Considering that was his PL debut and all eyes were on him maybe he should be allowed a bit of slack for that?

At the end of the day he was mighty impressive that game and won plenty of plaudits for his all round performance. Even the consummately experienced Lloris committed an absolute howler in the WC final no less.
He did that and got away with one for punching their striker while no where near the ball if I recall and then made a few decent saves. I was not particularly commenting on his performance, as I said I think he could do well for a team but not in the system we play.

He may surprise me and become a keeper that's comfortable rushing off his line and defending the space behind that allows us to play a high line, that was not the player I saw and his physique does not lend to that type of game.

It was good to come back from a goal down to beat Roma 4-1. It is always erection inducing when we beat a big European teams anywhere. Roma played poorly despite scoring first in the first half but they improved in the second half. Too bad we slowed down in the second half.

Credit to Llorente and Moura for scoring 2 goals each. Not sure Llorente has a future at Spurs but his 2 goals at least will help him find other clubs. Good to see Moura scoring 2 goals. Hope he will be a key player for us next season. Lamela was involved in 2 of those goals but too bad he couldn't score against his former team Roma. Moura and Lamela actually worked together well in the first half. Maybe Moura and Lamela are showing what Brazil and Argentina missed in the World Cup !

Despite this win, we still need to improve our defending even if we had missed our first team defence. Thought our defence and Vorm should have done better with Roma's goal. Gazzaniga did well when he replaced Vorm in the second half. I think it will be better for us if Gazzaniga become our second goal keeper instead of Vorm who makes too many mistakes.

Let's hope this win against Roma will help boost our confidence when we play Barcelona in the next friendly.

Back