• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer 2018 transfer thread

During Ferguson's best period, United only added one new player ever season.

Imagine last season's squad, plus Lamela, Moura and Onomah, plus one proper top drawer signing, like say Kovacic. That would be pretty fantastic.

Kovacic is category 3 and is therefore priced by Madrid accordingly - they want circa £80m for him.

We need to target category 2 and 3 players but as they cost mega money we do not appear to be prepared to buy them.

At the moment the strategy appears to be category 1 players and bargains - this needs to change.

I wasn’t listening to the spurs show podcast earlier and their re running ones from last season

The Hoddle one is great and he talks a lot about keeping our existing players being our single biggest priority which we’re doing

He does add that it’s a risk and we should be adding to the squad in the summer but this is a man who bus spurs through and through and is an experienced football guy saying keeping the players is the key

Kovacic is category 3 and is therefore priced by Madrid accordingly - they want circa £80m for him.

We need to target category 2 and 3 players but as they cost mega money we do not appear to be prepared to buy them.

At the moment the strategy appears to be category 1 players and bargains - this needs to change.

Can you explain your categories?!?
Thanks

To win the league and CL I think there are 3 types of players the club are looking at.

1. Young players who are fairly raw but with big potential. Grealish probably falls into this category as did Dele at the time we signed him, maybe Eriksen too. We should keep looking to do these deals as they clearly work for us but don't expect instant results and therefore to achieve our aims of winning the league and CL, 2 and 3 are all important.

2. Young players already showing serious ability with huge potential. De ligt, pulisic, Dybala, martial probably all fall into this. The issue is because they are both seriously talented and young, they cost mega money and in many cases the clubs simply won't sell at all.

3. Experienced world class players. Higuain, bale etc. Again mega money required but in many cases not as much as category 2 and results should be pretty instant.

So you will see what should be the key targets for us, will pretty much always cost serious money.

There are exceptions though such as Lucas who in today's market, I would say we got for pretty much half his true value.

Please see above as requested.

Joao Moutinho going to wolves for 5m. Wow.. remember how many times he was supposed to be the perfect CM we needed.
He's still only 31!

Swapping Monaco for Wolverhampton!! One hell of a culture shock!!

At £5m, it would almost be worth signing him to train Winks and to bring on late in CL games to help close them out. Surprised the price is so low, unless he has had injuries, which I dont remember him having. He's 31, not 35!

Tick tock, tick tock....17 days to go....

Swapping Monaco for Wolverhampton!! One hell of a culture shock!!

At £5m, it would almost be worth signing him to train Winks and to bring on late in CL games to help close them out. Surprised the price is so low, unless he has had injuries, which I dont remember him having. He's 31, not 35!

Tick tock, tick tock....17 days to go....

It's that Jorge Mendes link, he'll probably be on 500,000 a week.

groundhog-day-clock.jpg

Back