• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New Kit?

Damn we got an ugly set of kits.

I mean these two are fugly beyond words. I can't believe someone got paid to create them. I can only assume that we (the club) have to settle for whatever they give us having signed a contract with them.

Saw the seay kit in person yesterday - it's actually quite nice. Th socks are hideous however.

Home shirt - looks better in the photos.

Damn we got an ugly set of kits.

I mean these two are fugly beyond words. I can't believe someone got paid to create them. I can only assume that we (the club) have to settle for whatever they give us having signed a contract with them.
We must have some say in it?

in terms of revenue do we just get our annual fee from the kit maker or do we get a % of each kit sold? Perhaps the assumption is we’ll buy the same number of kits regardless of design but I’m a floating voter - prefer training kits and retros and not bought an adult home kit since investec (never red!)

I guess with Nike we will be limited to their templates and the fact their kits are the same design bar the colours probably gives them more revenue and greater brand awareness. Me withholding my £60 or whatever it is probably impacts the club a lot less than what Nike have paid more than the other kit makers who might have come up with something palatable.

Hopefully Hugo doesn’t get confused and attempt another Cruyff turn...

View attachment 4755
The other irony is using the same template it makes it easier to copy, which I thought was the argument for us not having a nice plain white Home shirt. Surely they could keep it plain and add a nice watermark of something personal to Spurs and still make brick loads from the sales.

It's all about making money anyway, like all the kits i have seen issued over the years some will like it, some will hate it. But i bet most folks will but it anyway, all clubs know this.

Under Armour was just SOOOOOO much better. Nike is so fudging dull it's bordering criminal. In addition, "everyone" uses either Nike or Adidas. I don't like hyper commercial brands, thus Under Armour was a little bit different, and their designs were nicer too. Nike is utter brick. I'd rather have Li-Ning

For me Retro has been the way forward for years now. Havent had a new home shirt for 7 years, and that was only because it was a gift for a birthday.

I also prefer the kits with no sponsors which is the reason I only really buy the 60s and 70s shirts. Love the ‘78 Admiral shirt, one of my favourites

Back