• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer 2018 transfer thread

Upon review journeyman is the wrong phrase, however I do believe there's question marks over his fitness and how he'd go in our high intensity system.

He looked leggy and sluggish in our CL ties and this will only get worse with age.

He's also at a stage in his career where I simply cannot see the outlay of 50-60+ million being sensible for us.

the same has been said about Harry in Euro 2016 and the world cup just gone

Maybe Harry will also get worse with age after years of playing for Poch's physically demanding style of play

Higuaín would be a bold and brave signing would provide proper competition for Kane as well as having the option of playing both.It won't happen of course but its a nice thought.
We could have bough under last season for a lot less so I don't see it happening now.

For those pointing at our competitions transfer windows whilst we are yet to sign anyone.

Which of these confirmed transfers do you think we should have signed, who would they replace in our 1st team and why?

Arsenal (they need all of these just to try and catch up and imho, none of them would replace our first XI)
Stephan Lichtsteiner (Juventus) Free
Bernd Leno (Bayer Leverkusen) Undisclosed
Sokratis Papastathopoulos (Dortmund) Undisclosed
Lucas Torreira (Sampdoria) Undisclosed
Matteo Guendouzi (Lorient) Undisclosed

Chelsea (Kante off?)
Jorginho (Napoli) Undisclosed

Victim'pool (Shaqiri has a terrible attitude no thanks, but Naby and Fabinho are good upgrades on Milner and Can)
Fabinho (Monaco) Undisclosed
Naby Keita (RB Leipzig) Undisclosed
Xherdan Shaqiri (Stoke City) Undisclosed

Emirates Marketing Project (Ok, I know, he's a squad player for them)
Riyad Mahrez (Leicester) Undisclosed

Manchester United (bit of depth?)
Diogo Dalot (Porto) Undisclosed
Fred (Shakhtar) Undisclosed
Lee Grant (Stoke) Undisclosed

West Ham United (kept in here for a bit of a laugh and because I always liked the look of Yarmolenko)
Ryan Fredericks (Fulham) Free
Issa Diop (Toulouse) Undisclosed
Lukasz Fabianski (Swansea) Undisclosed
Jack Wheelchair (Arsenal) Free
Andriy Yarmolenko (Dortmund) Undisclosed
Fabian Balbuena (Corinthians) Undisclosed
Felipe Anderson (Lazio) Undisclosed

Full confirmed Transfer list link: https://www.premierleague.com/news/667700

For those pointing at our competitions transfer windows whilst we are yet to sign anyone.

Which of these confirmed transfers do you think we should have signed, who would they replace in our 1st team and why?...

...Full confirmed Transfer list link: https://www.premierleague.com/news/667700

Great breakdown as it absolutely confirms my opinion that we are OK. I have full faith the necessary additions will be made as per Poch's intentions. people forget what a superb first 11 we have, and as such, squad assembly is a very, very specific science in our case...

Which of these confirmed transfers do you think we should have signed, who would they replace in our 1st team and why?

Arsenal (they need all of these just to try and catch up and imho, none of them would replace our first XI)

Chelsea (Kante off?)

Victim'pool (Shaqiri has a terrible attitude no thanks, but Naby and Fabinho are good upgrades on Milner and Can)

West Ham United (kept in here for a bit of a laugh and because I always liked the look of Yarmolenko)

I’d have liked Mahrez
Fred and Fabinho have always looked good when I’ve seen them

Chelsea (Kante off?)

I don't think there's much of a point to be made here really (though i do appreciate you collating the transfers) - whether the specific players our rivals are buying would improve us or not is not the issue, the issue is that they are improving their team (or at least are hoping to)

We don't need a new/better goalkeeper, for example, to improve as a team but a side like Liverpool who finished close to us in the table do and so that is ground they have potentially made up on us (if you throw in their other signings you'd have to say they have probably over taken us)

Im not particularly worried,yet or throwing my toys out of the pram but i certainly understand the frustration that comes from our lack of activity so far this window

ITK now saying Martial is no longer an option.

With Mourinho mentioning how tough preseason is with the world cup players still missing i guess it makes sense. I wonder if a lot of clubs will be reluctant to sell fringe players now if their stars are gonna be returning late for preseason

Back