• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Grealish

I had totally missed that kidney injury he suffered. Sounds horrific, but maybe an odd sort of good has come from it.

We could have had him signed up and in pre-season a month ago, nope let's wait till the last minute to save 3p

Kids gonna surprise a few people. He has an eye for goal, drifts past people,has a trick, and can also find a pass. If he were Spanish he would be going for top dollar.

I don't think Shaqiri will carry us to the next level. I'm not sure Grealish will either. I think of the two, Grealish is more likely to have an impactful career with us, and is lower risk than Shaqiri also. I think Grealish is also far more likely to have a more positive financial impact on us that Shaqiri is.
Damn I didn’t even know Shaqiri signed for the dippers until right now. Will be a useful player for them.

flimflame......what is so special about getting him in for the US tour. If they've waited this long to " pull the trigger " I think the club can wait even longer if they want to in order to get him for the price they want.

How about the bleedin' obvious that most of our signings under Poch have a poor first season when they are signed just before the season starts, with the one notable exception being Sanchez last summer.

Nearly all Poch's signings have a poor first season because it takes them 6 months to learn to play his style and get their fitness up to scratch. No signing is going to make much of an impact for us till after Xmas. A 6th choice AM especially

I'd be very surprised if Grealish - as good as he may go on to be - was our 'marquee' signing this season.*

We are so close to being real contenders and what with continued CL qualification (and being the only place in London that has it this season!!) and the media attention that the new stadium will undoubtedly bring I would think that now is the time to make a true statement of intent.

I would guess that if we do sign him he'd end up being 2nd or 3rd on the bill, not the headliner so to speak.

*- drumroll, please - comments re not ever spending any money, Levy too tight, wages, etc... :)

How about the bleedin' obvious that most of our signings under Poch have a poor first season when they are signed just before the season starts, with the one notable exception being Sanchez last summer.

I agree.....we all including Poch would want these players in as early as possible. It doesn't happen though

flimflame......what is so special about getting him in for the US tour. If they've waited this long to " pull the trigger " I think the club can wait even longer if they want to in order to get him for the price they want.

"Pull the trigger" is just another media phrase. If we're really interested in him, then talks will have been going on for some time and it's just as likely that there are issues at Villa's end dragging this out as it is Spurs delaying things. We don't operate in a vacuum. Players, agents and other clubs have their own ideas.

Back