• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

World Cup 2018 Group F (Germany, Mexico, Sweden, South Korea)

Great result!
Typical that I was off yesterday and endured France v Denmark, and back at work today and miss all the fun!

Everyone seems to be very happy about Germany going out of the World Cup in the first round. I wonder if there is a word for taking pleasure in the unhappiness of others, and if so, which language we nicked it from?

Oh, come on, you can't be a footy fan without taking pleasure in someone else's misery one way or another. :p

Edit - doh! :p

Last edited:
They went full youth when Ozil etc got in the team. Now that generation has got old.

Would love son to get a goal now and really make sure they go out.

Hence my comment, although this generation has won things for the

I honestly look at England right now and it reminds me of Germany under low bringing in these youngsters who won the youth tournaments

Never mind, have a T-Shirt....

s-l300.jpg

Like, where do you get hold of one of those?

This World Cup is so unpredictable which makes it more exciting than most of the recent World Cups ! Never thought Mexico will get thrashed by Sweden and Germany would lose to South Korea ! Really annoyed with Mexico ! Until this match they were one of the most consistent team in this World Cup but they played like schoolboys against Sweden. This must be the worst performance by Mexico in World Cup since losing to US in 2002. They have now conceded 4 goals in 2 games without scoring since Son scored for South Korea against them. This defeat is going to be costly for them as they now have to face Brazil in the Second Round. Sweden did well against Mexico but their lack of a decent striker will stop them going very far in this World Cup.

The curse of the defending champions seems to have destroyed Germany in this World Cup. Germany is the 4th defending champions to go out in the group stage of the last 5 World Cups : France in 2002, Italy in 2010 and Spain in 2014. Only Brazil in 2006 managed to progress to the next round. Maybe the winners of this World Cup should be prepared to go out in the group stage of the 2022 World Cup. This is surely the worst performance by Germany in World Cup history as this is the first time since 1938 that they have failed to progress from the first round and also the first time they have lost to an Asian team. South Korea can consider this win as a sweet revenge for losing to Germany in the 2002 semi final.

Back