• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Kieran Trippier

I think that both Trippier & Davies are so much more than 2nd choice players now, and credit to them both for reaching that level. It's getting to the point where there's no discernible drop in quality when Poch chooses to/has to rotate.

When I also look at Foyth's recent performances and the fact we have Winks, Wanyama and Lamela waiting in the wings ready to step back into the starting XI on a regular basis it makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside. A bit like Ben/Danish must feel when he's in the custard aisle in Lidl.

Plus we haven't even seen Lucas strut his stuff for us yet.

Happy days!

Regarding Trips and Davies, it’s been this way since the second half of last season, in terms of not seeing a drop in quality. Two players they have a fantastic mentality to want to improve and a coach that eekes out the crucial percents in them.

They are always getting better. Trippier in his one on ones and Davies in his crossing. But they’ve been able to carry out our plan to the maximum for over a year now, against top sides and bus parkers.

Poor Tripps, languishing on page 5 of GG. His thread deserves a boost after his showing last night. Great performance.

Tottenham bias alert but I thought last night he was England's most creative player going forward. Some of his crosses and defence splitting passes were a delight.

He has this seemingly unique ability to regularly put forwards through on goal with delicate first-time lobs over the defence and into space into dangerous areas. Yet the pundits last night seemed more preoccupied with the runs that Dele and Lingard were making to get onto the end of them.

An added bonus last night was his defensive performance which was faultless throughout.

If he can just keep this form up during the tournament he can become England's key to unlocking some of the more organised defences, thus helping them go further than we have hitherto dared to dream.

Needless to say of course that is one mighty big IF!

Really? I missed that one live and haven't seen full highlights yet.
Soft pen or not, it wasn't Trippier's arm flailing back at the Tunisian player. That's on Walker.

In his interview he was saying ‘Trips told me to leave it so I was just trying to shield the ball’.

Maybe in pro world that’s all fine and it’s the kind of thing that gets said a lot, but to me it just looks like Walker say KT have a good game in ‘his position’ and felt like he needed to say something to cover his own mistake. Poor form.

Walker didn't do anything that doesn't happen quite often in a game (I think Young done something similar early in the game and only got a word from the (awful) ref), so just got unlucky this time.

Tripper had a good game. And that's pretty much expected against the lower class of team. He'll get space, use his intelligence and not be to tested in a defensive sense.

When he plays against Mendy, Carrasco, Neymar, Ronaldo.... they're the moments that show his progress.

In his interview he was saying ‘Trips told me to leave it so I was just trying to shield the ball’.

Maybe in pro world that’s all fine and it’s the kind of thing that gets said a lot, but to me it just looks like Walker say KT have a good game in ‘his position’ and felt like he needed to say something to cover his own mistake. Poor form.
Thats hardly snake behaviour, and probably true. If it wasnt Trippier he had said told him to leave it you wouldnt of even thought anything of it.....

Walker didn't do anything that doesn't happen quite often in a game (I think Young done something similar early in the game and only got a word from the (awful) ref), so just got unlucky this time.

Tripper had a good game. And that's pretty much expected against the lower class of team. He'll get space, use his intelligence and not be to tested in a defensive sense.

When he plays against Mendy, Carrasco, Neymar, Ronaldo.... they're the moments that show his progress.

Well as he was the best defender England had last night I'd be more worried about stones, walker, maguire and young getting roasted.
Stones, is aptly named, moves like one
Walker is a brain fart
Maguire looked like a cart horse
And young is past it.
Trippier is the least of Englands problems at the back.

Well as he was the best defender England had last night I'd be more worried about stones, walker, maguire and young getting roasted.
Stones, is aptly named, moves like one
Walker is a brain fart
Maguire looked like a cart horse
And young is past it.
Trippier is the least of Englands problems at the back.
Of course he was. I'm in the Trppier thread :)

Anyone who doesn't think our defence will be the demise of us is seriously misguided. It's obvious. #Karius

Of course he was. I'm in the Trppier thread :)

Anyone who doesn't think our defence will be the demise of us is seriously misguided. It's obvious. #Karius

If its a 3 Id bring in Cahill and ditch Walker.

I thought by the end of the game both Stones and Maguire were pretty good, especially when stepping into midfield and bypassing Henderson.

However, I think its clear they need someone in there to marshall them and keep things calm when under pressure, Cahill is the only one we have who can do that.

Id ditch Walker (was poor) and bring in Cahill. Id also ditch Young for Rose, and have someone who will actually defend the left flank.

IMO the defence would be much better with those changes.

Walker was making excuses for why he did what he did. He said if Trippier hadn't of said what he said, he would have headed it. Therefore, it was Trippier's fault.
So much for his claims that they are the greatest of buddies who always support each other.

Interestingly Ferdinand suggested after the game that it was Walker who was at fault for facing his own goal meaning he was unable to see his opponent. Hence the flailing arm, he was not in control of the situation.

Was Walker that poor? Other than give away what was a soft penalty IMO I dont see what he really did wrong.The whole point is that we have ball playing CBs who can come out with the ball because most teams sit deep against us. Walker did that and was at times attacking the flank which gave Trippier room. Cahill is not going to help in that area....

Fair enough I see that he didn’t have to name Trippier.

I think he would have turned to Trips at the time and spoken to him if he was looking to pass on the blame.

He was asked to explain what happened and he was pretty honest saying he would do that in the premier league after receiving that call.

He then said this competition is different from the premier league and he himself needs to wise up, make the decision and clear it.

Trippier had his best game for England last night and was MOM, however it was against a side who never really threated us going forward so it enabled him to do what he is good at. It will be interesting to see how well he does against the likes of Belgium, Spain and the rest of the better attacking sides.

Back