• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

World Cup 2018 Group G (Belgium, Panama, Tunisia, England)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that RLC and Rashford have probably played themselves into the starting XI for Panama and fair play to them. Dele was great until he got that injury and should have been honest with everyone and just asked to come off. Sterling gave us what we expected, not convinced that that position in this system is made for him. Ultimately the player in that role needs to be clinical and he is not.

I'm still worried by the system. There were a lot of times where the midfield three got bunched up when defending and we were screwed by a quick switch. Tunisia obviously didn't do much, but someone better will take advantage of that. Maguire had a much better second half, happier than I was in the first with him. Young is still a question mark for me. His lack of a left foot did stifle a few opportunities for us.

NB: I'm still not sure that this system suits Kane. We rarely found him, nor used him to the effect that his team mates at Spurs do. Vardy wouldn't do any better, in fact there was so little space tonight he would've had a worse time of it. Perhaps the nature of the system is more dependent on the midfielders making the most of the spaces he makes.

It was so soft it was liquid.
I though the referee was the worse so far.
Missed the wrestling which terrible and what VAR is for.

So sorry I don’t agree.

Their pen was a stonewall pen. Walker seen him late and panicked blocking him with his arm. Pen all day long.

Harry shod had two though.

A right footed wing back just doesn’t work. Danny in for the next game please.

Sterlings only threat would be off the bench against a tired defence. Rashford next game please.

I know Rashford has had a few good moments for England, I think loftus-cheek looks a better player, especially if the role is picking the ball up in the centre circle off henderson.

Centre backs have all got a mistake in them.

Kane’s composure the difference after some very inconsistent refereeing (and varring)

Special mention for Trips, don’t think he put a foot wrong, lovely little nuts near the end facing in his own goal and showed the difference you get when you can cross on your strongest side rather than check in all the time.

Trippier, Kane and Henderson very good for me

Maguire/Stones a massive threat from set pieces

Sterling abysmal yet again, if him and J-Lingz could finish we would’ve won 7-1

Some good football at times though

Enjoyed the passion shown by Southgate at the end

Captain Fantastic though, what a player

Woah a Henderson love in from everyone in the studio

Thought he had a very good game, his biggest problem is that he plays for Liverpool and not many see past that( not suggesting for one minute you are one of them).

Trippier, Kane and Henderson very good for me

Maguire/Stones a massive threat from set pieces

Sterling abysmal yet again, if him and J-Lingz could finish we would’ve won 7-1

Some good football at times though

Enjoyed the passion shown by Southgate at the end

Captain Fantastic though, what a player

Agree with all of that. I hope Rashford starts instead of Sterling next game, and VAR once again was a joke.

Counting Walker as half a Spur, that's one third of the starting line up Tottenham players. And still England won. How on earth is that possible? I thought Spurs players didn't have a winning mentality.

...or maybe England just won despite the Spurs contingent. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back