• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

World Cup 2018 Group G (Belgium, Panama, Tunisia, England)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The BBC is a bloody embarrassment these days.

I sat through a game with Lawro commenting, my word it was bad. He is shocking, just a miserable old clueless fudgewit.

Had nothing to say of interest, and was generally spiteful in his tone. As well as just displaying an incredible amount of ignorance.

I thought it was quite funny.

But I still wish they hadn't made it. Too much tempting of fate before we have even kicked a ball.

Isn't that what the English media do? Build them up, get quotes from the players about the possibility of winning and then tear into them afterwards.

Pretty much. They manufacture the whole scenario.

I miss the days when reporting was more broadly supportive and realistic.

Instead everything is agenda driven clickbait, with self generated stories.

Thats my big issue with the BBC these days. Was a time when they were meant to be above all that tabloid flimflam. Yet now they just play the same game. And I am taxed for the benefit. At least I can refuse to buy the Sun, or listen to talksport...

Pretty much. They manufacture the whole scenario.

I miss the days when reporting was more broadly supportive and realistic.

Instead everything is agenda driven clickbait, with self generated stories.

Thats my big issue with the BBC these days. Was a time when they were meant to be above all that tabloid flimflam. Yet now they just play the same game. And I am taxed for the benefit. At least I can refuse to buy the Sun, or listen to talksport...
Robbie's first video from Russia which is already uploaded on ArsenalFanTV is better than everything you could watch in standard media. It is a must to watch. And much more is yet to be produced which will be telling the real state of things. We're all just toys in huge political games and propaganda on both sides.

Isn't that what the English media do? Build them up, get quotes from the players about the possibility of winning and then tear into them afterwards.

Yes, that's the usual way of doing things.
It has however been very different this time round. Much more restrained and less expectation - or that's how it seems to me.
Even that Beeb video is tongue-in-cheek.
Of course we'll see in due course whether the leopard has changed its spots.

I think we'll find out what the real expectation level is if things go a bit pear shaped. Would imagine a loss to Tunisia tonight wouldn't be met with "Oh well".

I think we'll find out what the real expectation level is if things go a bit pear shaped. Would imagine a loss to Tunisia tonight wouldn't be met with "Oh well".

Well it should be!
We have no right to have any overinflated lever of expectation, we are a young team with no pedigree what so ever.
We are not Spain or even close.

We are not Spain or even close.
Don't need to be to get a result off Tunisia.

I don't think we'll win the thing, but I'll be disappointed if they fail to qualify for the knockout stages, and if they do fail the press will still give it to them.

I don't see you can describe a squad like ours as if they're all complete novices tbh.

Why are Belgium playing with 3 centre halves

Why are Belgium so static
roberto-martinez_2874311b.jpg

Edit - Beat me to it Nayim.

I know I’m a Dembele fan boy but no idea how Witsel gets in ahead of him?

Ok de Bruyne and Dembele CM doesn’t exactly look balanced but still..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back