• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Film Thread ***

Any films about sales people can recomend? Have a re-watch of Glenn Garry pencilled in. Any others? Need to put some heat on a sales team and want to get into the mindset - and have some fun!

Wolf of Wall Street covers the same ground as Boiler Room and is much funnier. But generally people use sporting metaphors and footage to convince sales people to put a little more effort in. No-one has ever made a film which glorifies sales, and they'd be especially unlikely to do so in the UK. And there's nothing motivational about getting your team to think about Willy Loman.

One of my favourite films.

Watched the opening of it last night. Alex Baldwin is it, who comes in and sets the tone at the get go? ABC, always be closing! ...I'm not sure it did me any favours in a meeting this morning :D I was too aggressive after watching that opening, maybe lost some cooperation. It did help later, looking at pitching to customers. It's an inspiring, but deeply sad film I think. I find it hard to watch Jack Lemon's character. You just know he's doomed.

What a cast. Lemon isn't the stand out for me. Pachino and Baldwin are awesome in their pomp. But I know Kevin Spacey puts a lot of his own development and success down to Jack Lemon. He was a mentor to him.

Awesome film.

Back