• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ndombele

"still an Amiens player" umm

I can Daniel scratching his chin while on his phone to his 'make it happen' guy.

Is it a similar situation a la Toby where it was all agreed hed been signing for Southampton then Atletico cancelled that before selling to us or is this something different altogether?

Per Wiki:

Olympique Lyonnais[edit]
On 31 August 2017, Ndombele moved to Lyon on a one-year loan. According to L'Équipe, Lyon paid €2 million for the loan. Lyon also secured an option to sign him permanently for €8 million, plus a possible €250,000 in bonuses and 20% of any profit made should he be transferred from Lyon to another club.[4]

Ndombele made his competitive debut for Lyon's first team in the 2-0 Ligue 1 away loss to Paris Saint-Germain on 17 September 2017; he started the match and was replaced by Christopher Martins in the 72nd minute.[5] On 15 February 2018, Ndombele scored a goal (the first competitive goal of his career for Lyon's first team) in the 46th minute of their 3-1 home win over Villarreal CF in the round of 32 first leg of the 2017–18 UEFA Europa League.[6]

While its not confirmed I would suggest Lyon will be exercising that option.

He has done that well for them they will either keep him if they dont sell him at large profit. Though the 20% sell on probably factors into their reported high valuation.

Yeah, it's different than the Toby situation. Lyon will certainly make this move permanent, and we'll basically be negotiating with them directly. It's not my money and I'm a billion miles from a scout, but I would love it if we spent the majority of our budget on this guy and De Ligt to replace Moussa and Alderweireld long-term. Though he's not a perfect player, NDombele's statistical profile is really close to Dembele, and I think he'd be a perfect player to ease into our CM, alongside Winks, Wanyama, and Dier.

As fun as it'd be to get someone like Martial, replacing Mousa and Toby are our biggest priorities, and these guys could fill the holes for 5 or 6 years. 60 million euros is a ton, but this guy is a Rolls Royce prospect.

Surely he could refuse to sign for Lyon though?

Wondered this myself with these 'loans with a view to permanent transfer' how it works with regards to the player - surely he doesn't agree to a contract a year in advance? You'd be in a much better position to negotiate a higher wage having proved yourself whilst on loan - couldn't he just reject any contract Lyon offer him meaning he goes back to his parent club?

Wondered this myself with these 'loans with a view to permanent transfer' how it works with regards to the player - surely he doesn't agree to a contract a year in advance? You'd be in a much better position to negotiate a higher wage having proved yourself whilst on loan - couldn't he just reject any contract Lyon offer him meaning he goes back to his parent club?

He must have, as you said, agreed a contract in advance. Agreeing terms a year ahead is a gamble for both parties. But if they're both happy to play the game...

Isn't there the thing that your registration can't belong to more than 2 clubs in a year or something too? So Lyon can't buy then sell him again straight away anyway

Isn't there the thing that your registration can't belong to more than 2 clubs in a year or something too? So Lyon can't buy then sell him again straight away anyway
Currently, under the FIFA Transfer Regulations, a football player is only allowed to be registered with a maximum of three clubs in one season.

During this period, the player is only eligible to play official matches for two clubs. However, a player may be eligible to play in official matches for a third club during the relevant season if he has moved between two clubs belonging to associations with overlapping seasons (ie, start of the season in summer/autumn as opposed to winter/spring). This is only allowed if he has fully complied with his contractual obligations towards his previous clubs.

Last edited:
Surprised this hasn't been brought up again with Dembele moving on.

Got a bit to learn defensively but is about the closest thing out there to Dembele's very, very rare skillset.

Surprised this hasn't been bought up again with Dembele moving on.

Got a bit to learn defensively but is about the closest thing out there to Dembele's very, very rare skillset.
I agree. Looks a very good player. I think the problem is that Lyon are still in the CL, probably don't need the money and realise that the player is likely to be worth even more in the summer than he is now.

Him or Isco I would be happy with. He looks decent, strong, quick, skillful has tenacity, can pass and has a very similar name to Mousa. Everything you want in a midfielder.

Isco is more Dele than Dembele?
Isco is happy to collect his money, he's just a little grumpy and fed up going to club doctor every week to get the splinters out of his arse.

I agree. Looks a very good player. I think the problem is that Lyon are still in the CL, probably don't need the money and realise that the player is likely to be worth even more in the summer than he is now.
Add the fact Levy screwed around with Lyon and the president when buying Lloris, I doubt they would deal with us again, and if they did it would only be for EUREUREUREUREUREUREUR (no EUR sign on my keyboard).

Back