• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

VAR: Sponsored by Chelsea

It's not supposed to be used for debatable decisions. It's for clear errors, which means it shouldn't take more than 30 seconds to review. The videos should only need looking at once. If its not clear on one viewing then it is not a decision for VAR.

Weak referees are using it as a crutch. That match of ours should be the textbook case of how not to use it.

Goal line tech is already well proven, not sure the players know much about it. Isco tried to get the ref to go to VAR for his shot that bounced on the line.

Goal line tech is already well proven, not sure the players know much about it. Isco tried to get the ref to go to VAR for his shot that bounced on the line.

Yes it is and it is spot on every time, as for VAR it is still subjective and a waste of time as there will still be arguments about how right/wrong the decisions are.

That's not the measure of how successful VAR is.

What is?

I’ll stand by what I’ve said since it came in, in can only truly be effective for clear calls and in football their decisions that are ones you can prove

In rugby it’s mainly used for decisions on tries and it’s always is there a reason NOT to give the try

I’m football it seems it can be used for subjective calls and that’s an issue as it undermines the ref on the field

What is?

I’ll stand by what I’ve said since it came in, in can only truly be effective for clear calls and in football their decisions that are ones you can prove

In rugby it’s mainly used for decisions on tries and it’s always is there a reason NOT to give the try

I’m football it seems it can be used for subjective calls and that’s an issue as it undermines the ref on the field
The measure is whether or not it leads to more accurate decisions - so far it has.

It's 20 years too late to worry about undermining referees - they're not respected at any level now. Far better to earn the respect back with better decisions.

The measure is whether or not it leads to more accurate decisions - so far it has.

It's 20 years too late to worry about undermining referees - they're not respected at any level now. Far better to earn the respect back with better decisions.
Or stop messing about with a ref on the pitch and put them in the stand with the technology.

I think they are really limiting the use of it now. That's a good thing (think back to our cup replay against Rochdale, jeez), the Costa goal could quite easily been ruled out for a foul on Pepe but it's subjective, I can see how the ref maybe thought it was just strong forward play...so fair enough, allow the goal.

As long as it cuts out the real sh.t decisions, that's let's face it can cost you the game. Maradona hand of GHod cost us everything. Not just the goal but he would have been off.

And those off the ball, unseen incidents would get dealt with at the time ie to the benefit of the team who has been sinned against.

That worked well, the FIFA teams are clearly more efficient than the idiots out FA had driving it in the FA cup.

Back