• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Anthony Martial

Two different players. Worth getting both of them in but then we will have loads of midfielders like the time we used to sign every single midfielder that played well against us, under Jol.

Wonder if the Bale deal is the trigger to getting Toby out and obviously that will affect whether we go for / get Martial or not?

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...l-agent-leave-manchester-united-jose-mourinho

If we could get Martial for 50m and pay him 100k a week would you still prefer Bale for 80m on 300k a week?

Martial on a four year deal = 71 million

Bale on a four year deal = 162 million
Bale. In a heartbeat.

Martial might become world class some day but he's a long way from it right now. Bale is one of the very best footballers on this planet. There really isn't any comparison.

Bale. In a heartbeat.

Martial might become world class some day but he's a long way from it right now. Bale is one of the very best footballers on this planet. There really isn't any comparison.
Exactly. If we really want to challenge the top at some point we are going to have to start buying players who are top class now and not ones who might be given a couple of seasons and even then theres no guarantees...

It was reported last week they'd take their money back - £36m

He has a year on his deal and is a bit part and unwanted player (quite publically so)

So what has happened to jump the price up?

Im not against it, per se, but it seems really on the high side to me.

My suspicion is that, conveniently, £50m matches our alleged valuation of Alderweireld, doesnt that suddenly make things tie up nicely?

He has a year on his deal and is a bit part and unwanted player (quite publically so)

My suspicion is that, conveniently, £50m matches our alleged valuation of Alderweireld, doesnt that suddenly make things tie up nicely?

He has one year left with the option of one extra year, so in effect two years left.

I didn't see that report about the 36 mill but I doubt they would accept a figure like that

I think Man U are fed up of dealing with Levy, and would make us signing any of their players doubly difficult. Its always us selling to them and bending them over, theres no record of us buying from them....

He has one year left with the option of one extra year, so in effect two years left.

I didn't see that report about the 36 mill but I doubt they would accept a figure like that

It was last week, specifically said they would take their money back.

Not that I put any real stock in "reports", I just wondered why it jumped.

I think Man U are fed up of dealing with Levy, and would make us signing any of their players doubly difficult. Its always us selling to them and bending them over, theres no record of us buying from them....

You would think with their interest in Rose they would be open to talks.

They have sold to plenty of rivals in the past.

And since Levy fudged them on Carrick/Berba the whole board has been changed, so not sure I buy that they are still butthurt about that

£36m would be a bargain

Uh, what? Think we were the only ones fudged in that deal.. Fraizer Campbell says hi.

Fudged being a relative term.

From their POV we were supposed to just gift wrap him and hand him over because they gave us the great honour of deciding they would take one of our players.

We resisted, and actually forced them to pay a fair price.

We completely fudged them (if you are of the Manc mindset)

Back