• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Matthijs De Ligt

Isn't that excalty what happens with every single loan deal?

Yep. But clubs of Ajax's stature don't usually pursue loan deals like that - especially when they have their own academy producing domestic, Ajax-trained stars anyway.

To put it another way, if Barca made an offer for Eriksen that included sending Carles Alena on loan for a year, with an obligation to play him regularly and develop him for Barca before they take him back....

...do you think Spurs should take that deal?

Alternatively Ajax have another CB who isn't quite ready but given another season in their reserves/youth team would be ready next year. Ajax are a machine when it comes to developing players and that deal might actually suit them by not having to immediately buy a replacement for De Ligt.

They have enough money to buy every decent defender in the Eredivisie if they wanted to - their cash reserve is over 100 million euros, iirc.

I just don't think immediately buying a replacement for De Ligt is something that concerns them.

Ajax wouldn't take that, nor should they. They still have some pride, at least - and that deal would be awful for them. Sell Tottenham your best defender and then develop one of their young players before returning him to Spurs at no cost when the loan ends.
Hushhhh! Don't tell them that! It's a brilliant deal!

Yep. But clubs of Ajax's stature don't usually pursue loan deals like that - especially when they have their own academy producing domestic, Ajax-trained stars anyway.

To put it another way, if Barca made an offer for Eriksen that included sending Carles Alena on loan for a year, with an obligation to play him regularly and develop him for Barca before they take him back....

...do you think Spurs should take that deal?

I fail to see how the Eriksen example is comparable to De Ligt.

Its not.

Its also not that unheard of for a club to be resigned to losing a player, but keep them as long as they can. If this kid is that good, he could help them to success next season. As could the accompanying finance.

IE - sell and loan back.

Really? Similar power differential (roughly), same situation. What's not to see?

You comparing a 18 year old wonderkid that has one season performance in the national leauge in his homecountry with a 26 year old, full senior international, playing abroad in a league considered as one of the most competitive leauge in the world. A player that considered as one of the best senior player in the world and who have performed on the highest level both with his club and with his country for some time.

"Same situation"? What an overstatement

Since when did we turn into a Emirates Marketing Project that enables us to sign an 18 year old defender for 50 mill and loan him back to his club for a year:confused:

I can understand that it happened with Dele, but that was for 6 months and he only cost 5 mill.

To convince Ajax to sell we can offer Foyth on loan, or even CCV. Both would do extremely well in the Eredivisie.

I just cannot imagine Levy agreeing to signing a player for 50 mill and loaning him back.

Calciomercato (whoever they are) reporting that Juve are close to signing DeLigt. Personal terms agreed, although transfer fee not

It also says that Martial is going to Juve (for 80m Euros!!) in his thread. I honestly can't see Juve wanting - or being able to - spunk 120m on two players.

Agents and selling clubs just trying to push prices up, I'd imagine.

EDIT: .....and according to Transfermarkt.com they've already spent 60m so far, plus Can's wages.

Last edited:
It also says that Martial is going to Juve (for 80m Euros!!) in his thread. I honestly can't see Juve wanting - or being able to - spunk 120m on two players.

Agents and selling clubs just trying to push prices up, I'd imagine.

EDIT: .....and according to Transfermarkt.com they've already spent 60m so far, plus Can's wages.

Can wasn't free just because Liverpool didn't get anything. Agent and player took somewhere between 15 and 20 million.

Yeah, of course. No such thing as free in the game.

If we have a genuine chance of one from either De Ligt or Martial I think I'd prefer Martial as I guess that would probably mean Alder stays.

Why would you think this pub journalism website has any credibility? Written by fans and wanna-be's for fans who will believe anything that is written.

Stopped reading it this summer and won't go back. Absolute joke.

Indeed, its on the same level as most of the so called ITK's that excite some.

Regardless of that article let’s be honest there’s about as much chance of De Ligt coming this summer as there is Martial....

Back