• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer 2018 transfer thread

ERIKSEN TO BARCA, RAFINHA TO SPURS?

Barcelona could use Rafinha as a bargaining chip with Tottenham in a bid to land Christian Eriksen, according to Sport.

Spurs are keen on the Brazilian midfielder, who spent last season on loan at Inter Milan.

The Italians had an option to sign Rafinha permanently for €35m, but believe they can land the 25-year-old at a cheaper price.

Spurs have made Rafinha a transfer target but the player has also been linked with a move to West Ham United.

I know more about Spain really, where there's very little security at "open" training sessions in general.

However, that's a good point that the club have shown neglect / undue consideration in general.

Just thinking if some idiots did that to Spurs I would be pretty tinkled off if the players left!

If you havent, read around the chairman and his antics the last couple of years.

While I would be livid at us losing players like that, Id blame the chairman and not them.

Though, bizarrely, he seems to hold the fans favour at the minute!

I think there is enough there to justify a case for undue stress/psychological damage - the actual physical stuff has just tipped it all over the edge Id say, final nail in the coffin type stuff. Gives them a just reason to get out!

ERIKSEN TO BARCA, RAFINHA TO SPURS?

Barcelona could use Rafinha as a bargaining chip with Tottenham in a bid to land Christian Eriksen, according to Sport.

Spurs are keen on the Brazilian midfielder, who spent last season on loan at Inter Milan.

The Italians had an option to sign Rafinha permanently for €35m, but believe they can land the 25-year-old at a cheaper price.

Spurs have made Rafinha a transfer target but the player has also been linked with a move to West Ham United.

Surely they mean Messi?

He was just an example, admittedly I know nothing about their players but Im assuming there are some technically gifted players who could be potentially available on the cheap....

They do. Bruno Fernandes, one of the players who cut ties with the club.

He's one of the very few players in Europe similar to Eriksen. He's energetic, loves to harry and hassle, is dependable defensively and gets forward whenever he can, wherever he can.

That by himself would make him a pretty rounded midfielder. But he's also got some unbelievably good passing ability in his locker, has a great shot on him and is quite physically gifted for a No.10 (he's about Eriksen's height, which is in itself unusual given that most No.10s tend to be on the shorter side).

And he's still only 23.

If there's one player in this Sporting exodus that we should risk the long-drawn-out court cases for, it's Bruno Fernandes. He would be a magnificent creator for us, and would allow us to switch between him and Eriksen seamlessly over the course of a season given their many similarities.

I'm glad we signed him twice...

If we'd signed him this week though, everyone would be spouting off about how we were going to win the league now. But instead we got him in 6 months early to let him bed in, as everyone complains we never do. It's simply attention deficit disorder

Back