• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer 2018 transfer thread

fudge, so the usual we are being linked with everyone under the sun ….

Interesting tweet there re Mathijs De Ligt, at his age, we could do a buy and leave to develop at Ajax for one more year.

I read somewhere earlier that we are looking at Rafinha who played for Inter last year. Looks like he could do a job in a midfield 3, though I'm still not sure what sort of system Poch is gonna have us playing next year.

Me neither but I’ll bet my left gonad that the system will be brave.

Interesting tweet there re Mathijs De Ligt, at his age, we could do a buy and leave to develop at Ajax for one more year.

Waste of time leaving him at Ajax for one more year to develop. Poor poor league

After Sporting fell short of a Champions League spot and before the Cup final that they would end up losing, a large group of fans entered the club’s training ground and physically attacked the squad. There were some injuries, striker Bas Dost suffered cuts to his head, but beyond the physical impact, the mental toll of the event was undoubtedly enormous. With a large number of fans blaming the President for installing such a confrontational climate around the club and for the lack of defense measures that could’ve prevented the attack.

https://statsbomb.com/2018/06/what-if-your-club-lost-all-its-players-the-sporting-lisbon-story/

Surely you can't just decide to terminate your contract like that and leave on a free?

Keep Alder for a year and let him leave next summer for £25m. Kind of works out perfect in way

Waste of time leaving him at Ajax for one more year to develop. Poor poor league

Poor league & team that developed Jan, Toby, Eriksen, Sanchez for us (all who left older than he is now)

He's 18, Ajax can probably offer him another 30-40 games next season, including CL, probably significantly more quality game time than we can offer.

If that's what it take to get him (and if he's the prospect that everyone thinks he is) over the other big clubs, I don't see why not.

6 months there, 6 months at Spurs. Deal done. Spit on it. Move on.

I'd still love us to sign up Alderweireld to a deal that keeps him around for 2 more years at the club. Maybe give him a pay bump, and lump sum to scribble out the 25mil clause in his current contract. Then he can go on a free in two years and get the mad wages that usually goes hand in hand with free transfers, to Juve or wherever.

Poor league & team that developed Jan, Toby, Eriksen, Sanchez for us (all who left older than he is now)

He's 18, Ajax can probably offer him another 30-40 games next season, including CL, probably significantly more quality game time than we can offer.

If that's what it take to get him (and if he's the prospect that everyone thinks he is) over the other big clubs, I don't see why not.

But if we are selling Alderweireld we will need an immediate replacement. Vertonghen, Sanchez and Foyth are not enough for the big season ahead. If we are willing to commit 55 mill on this guy we must think he is ready and capable to come in now. I don't see Ajax insisting he stay for one more year. Why when with all that money they can buy someone for a fraction of that fee who will do a perfectly good job in the Eredivisie

Surely you can't just decide to terminate your contract like that and leave on a free?

Crazy situation.

Apparently "players resigned under ‘fair cause’, claiming a lack of safety in their work environment from both a mental and physical stand-point".

Can imagine the club will take them all to court as that seems a bit ridiculous to be honest.

50 balaclava clad people broke into the training ground and attacked them.

I would imagine them terminating their deals will be legitimate.
Really? so if there is a pitch invasion and a player is attacked they can terminate their deals?

in this situation still "lack of safety in their work environment from both a mental and physical stand-point"

Crazy situation.

Apparently "players resigned under ‘fair cause’, claiming a lack of safety in their work environment from both a mental and physical stand-point".

Can imagine the club will take them all to court as that seems a bit ridiculous to be honest.
Ridiculous? What do you imagine you'd do in that scenario? Happily return to work?

I would imagine, being the training ground - a supposedly secure and non-public space - there is a pretty airtight duty of care on the clubs part.

The fact some of the squad/management actually got beaten up would fairly comprehensively break that, is my guess.

And it is a guess, of course I am no expert. However, I think its safe to assume these players took expert advice before acting - so chances are itll stand up.

Report: Sporting CP Facing Exodus of Stars After Mass Contract Termination
90MIN
June 11, 2018
According to reports emanating from Portugal, a large contingent on Sporting CP stars will leave the Lisbon based club for free this summer, after letters confirming the termination of their contracts were submitted to the Portuguese Football Federation.

William Carvalho, Gelson Martins and Bruno Fernandes have already advanced with Sporting's request for rescission, while Rui Patrício and Daniel Podence are also set to depart the club this summer, as reported by Portuguese news outlet Record.

The news follows a malicious attack on Sporting's players and staff at the Academy of Alcochete last month, where around 50 hooded supporters, armed with belts and stick, attacked the players at the end of a training session.

This was understood to be in response to Sporting missing out on qualification for next season's Champions League place, with Leões having come third in Liga NOS.

However, it is crucial that the entirety of the process is finalized this week, with Thursday being a month since the attack at the Academy of Alcochete, thereby ending the the legal term for terminations for just cause.

Speaking regarding the termination of his contract, Patricio recently said: "I was the victim of physical and psychological violence, so in order to preserve my personal and professional dignity, I wish to end the contract that ties me to Sporting.”

Report: Sporting CP Facing Exodus of Stars After Mass Contract Termination
90MIN
June 11, 2018
According to reports emanating from Portugal, a large contingent on Sporting CP stars will leave the Lisbon based club for free this summer, after letters confirming the termination of their contracts were submitted to the Portuguese Football Federation.

William Carvalho, Gelson Martins and Bruno Fernandes have already advanced with Sporting's request for rescission, while Rui Patrício and Daniel Podence are also set to depart the club this summer, as reported by Portuguese news outlet Record.

The news follows a malicious attack on Sporting's players and staff at the Academy of Alcochete last month, where around 50 hooded supporters, armed with belts and stick, attacked the players at the end of a training session.

This was understood to be in response to Sporting missing out on qualification for next season's Champions League place, with Leões having come third in Liga NOS.

However, it is crucial that the entirety of the process is finalized this week, with Thursday being a month since the attack at the Academy of Alcochete, thereby ending the the legal term for terminations for just cause.

Speaking regarding the termination of his contract, Patricio recently said: "I was the victim of physical and psychological violence, so in order to preserve my personal and professional dignity, I wish to end the contract that ties me to Sporting.”
Theres some good deals to be had there....

Im familiar with some of the names, but (as is a recurring theme this summer!) dont know the players well enough to really judge.

Wasnt Carvalho meant to be the next big thing? Maybe a good CM would be welcome...

Back