• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

If Kane is on £200k basic and upwards of £300k with bonuses then Toby really has upset someone. Was he not asking for like £150k a week?

The rumour is he & agent verbally agreed to 130K/week and after Poch/Levy thought it was done, they came back and demanded 180K/week.

Toby's in a funny spot, very few clubs he can do better at, he's now put himself at a disadvantage if a big offer doesn't come in. That said, Poch was good to him at end of season, giving him enough game time to prep for WC, so wouldn't be surprised to see us work it out in the end.

Bit surprised that we didnt keep it under wraps for a little longer - any player which we try to sign this summer will now ask for 25%-50% more. We could have fobbed them off with 'Kane wont get more than £150k' or something like that...and that obviously sets a cap on what anyone would get at Spurs

I don't think that's how it works. I think we establish a structure and are more than happy to pay players what we think they are worth within it - Levy is good with money but he doesn't try and be cheap, he just does the right long term thing. So if our structure is now 200k a week basic for Kane, I'd imagine that puts Eriksen at at least 150k, Lloris at potentially 130/140k, and maybe Dele / Son there or thereabouts too.

He made Sissoko one of our highest earners from a basic salary perspective not because he needed to do that to convince him to join, but that is where an experienced player bought for that fee would sit. Ultimately others who started more would earn more than him, but at that point Sissoko was signed to play an important role.

I don't think we'd try and short change any players this way - we'd pay them what we think they deserve in our structure.

That, and as people have said, it serves as a statement of intent.

Its easy to take Harry for granted a little bit. We know he is a good goal scorer.....but then you watch that and realise how vital he is to the whole team. He is an intelligent player.

I remember one of his early sub appearences (UEFA Cup IIRC) for us, before he’d scored for us, and he came on late in the game. We were running the clock down. Harry chased a lost cause, won it, ran it into the corner and booted the ball into the stands. I dont remember who it was but someone posted on here about his wise head on young shoulders and they just hoped he could score goals as well. How right that poster was....

Proper chuffed he signed a new deal. Just hope he can win some silverware here with us too. Would love it if he did a Ledley and played his whole career with us

Poch and him signing extensions means that we would have given them assurances about what spurs are prepared to do.

I'm honestly thinking if bale was available we would sign him.

Wow. That is just fantastic news.
A great commitment from Harry to Spurs and from Spurs to Harry.
That should shut up all the naysayers - for a while at least.
A 6 year deal is a real statement and the reported salary a clear signal that we can and will pay quality wages for quality players.

A world class player and loyal servant of the club. Harry Kane has Spurs legend written all over him.

I'm struggling to see how this new six year deal ties in with Gary Neville's comments, that man united should be working behind the scenes to sign him.

Apparently a case of them using long term planning to ''work on the player'' and ''working with Tottenham'' to eventually bring the deal to fruition...

Stupid clam.

I was there that night at Villa, the deflected free kick. It felt HUGE that night, it felt more huge than it should have done. Maybe the collective could sense deep down that that goal was to play a massive part in the development of Kane.

Back