• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Danny Rose

Are you talking about his behavior prior to last season or the recent interview? I still fail to see what he has done wrong in the recent interview or where he has disrespected Spurs or his team mates?
Both.

I think this time he's been very specific in talking about how much help he's received from the England camp whilst saying nothing about the help received from us. He's suggested that him being on painkillers was our fault and that that was "where it all started." He's also either made light of his being fined for claming off his teammates or (as I suspect) feels he can't say what he really feels about the club because we'll fine him again.

If you want to look at this as getting him off on a technicality then you can - he's been smart enough to not say anything precise that he can be pinned down on. But the intent in what he has said is clear - it's pretty obvious how he feels about the club.

A harmonious team is one that does what I say and avoids wasting my time with trivialities. It's a simple thing to do.

Straight talking. I'm from the same mould good Yorkshire/German/roosterney stock.
I think you and Danny would get on well once you got to know each other.

Straight talking. I'm from the same mould good Yorkshire/German/roosterney stock.
I think you and Danny would get on well once you got to know each other.
No, we wouldn't. I don't admit to many failings, but a complete inability to tolerate stupid people is one of them.

Whilst I have every sympathy for him in what he has gone through that does not mean I fully trust his motives in going to the media about his depression. Sadly, as Scara says, his effusiveness about being with England is in stark contrast to the deafening silence about his time at Tottenham.

But having been criticised previously for spouting off to the press last year he will have chosen his words much more carefully this time round, which is all the more reason to feel dismayed that he has not managed to say one good word about the club.

My gut feeling therefore is he has already well and truly burnt his bridges with Spurs and is now trying to find the right code for 'Hey, I'm a celebrity so when the fudge is someone going to come and get me out of here?'
Yep, he looked well on the way back to his brilliant best. Let's hope he can stay at that level of form during the WC if only so that Levy can extract the maximum compensation from his inevitable transfer this summer.

Pretty much how i feel about his latest outpourings as well, I have tried to avoid posting in this since he went public with it. The main reason is like some others i have had a bad time with depression when i was younger and it never goes away no matter what you do, unless folks have gone through this darkness then ( in all honesty) they have no idea what its like and how it effects you.

What i will say is that i and others (who i have talked to) who have gone through this darkness never blamed others or circumstances for what has/is happening to them, one of the reasons for that is IF you are really depressed then others do not come into the blame game. I hope Rose finds a way of dealing with this but ( imo) he is more making a point about what/who is to blame then actually trying to recover from it.

Pretty much how i feel about his latest outpourings as well, I have tried to avoid posting in this since he went public with it. The main reason is like some others i have had a bad time with depression when i was younger and it never goes away no matter what you do, unless folks have gone through this darkness then ( in all honesty) they have no idea what its like and how it effects you.

What i will say is that i and others (who i have talked to) who have gone through this darkness never blamed others or circumstances for what has/is happening to them, one of the reasons for that is IF you are really depressed then others do not come into the blame game. I hope Rose finds a way of dealing with this but ( imo) he is more making a point about what/who is to blame then actually trying to recover from it.
Lack of reference to others and framing conversation around the first person is one of the clearest and earliest signs when trying to diagnose depression.

He can be as fragile as he likes, what I can't accept is him being a clam towards his teammates and the club.

What's best for Spurs is to ensure that the next player who fancies a move to City doesn't learn that they can accelerate the process by publicly being a clam about their teammates and the team.

We should give him all the help he needs to get well but he rots in the stiffs until the end of his contract.
There you go with the excessive empathy and deep psychological understanding. 'Rotting in the stiffs' does not equal 'all the help he needs to get well'. It is, from a professional psychological stand point, exactly the opposite of what he needs. It will make him worse in terms of his mental health and fitness. And fantastic business acumen too in letting an asset that can generate money for the club (what's best for Spurs) be able to go on a free. But hey, if we fcuk up a human being's mind AND make the point that the club will not be messed with, that's brilliant. I'm sure every top player in the world will rush to join the club.

I dont have any agenda against Poch although yes I do find he is somewhat immune from criticism with you but this isnt the thread for that. Rose has upset many with his previous comments and therefore anything he comes out in the media with is overly scrutinised, like I say if Poch had said the exact same things he wouldnt of had the reaction on here that Rose has got - but Poch is just an example, it applies to most of the other players aswell. Rose hasnt even said anything out of turn about Spurs, I dont know why some are getting so precious about lack of love for Spurs - I dont get why you say he was ill advised, he hasnt said anything wrong and if in his head it was the time for him to talk out then he doesnt need any advice from anyone. If there really was some anti Spurs slant to his comments the media would have been all over it....

I give up.
Whatever you say.
Yes.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

He maybe thinks there are more important things than football.
Maybe he doesn't give a monkeys what "social media dwelling pond life" think or say?
I say well done Danny!

I hope you’re right.
It still appears to me he is in the middle of a battle and that working in that battle close support would’ve been much better than opening up to the media. The self-pressure is (IMO) dangerous.

The thing I have found most alarming about the responses here to his comments are how it is all about football.
My views are based on the condition, his profile, his history and how it could all play out. He needs protection and support IMO. He might’ve felt on-top of everything and totally in-charge/lucid, only to have a very different take the next few days and sink into a depression. That he said he was on meds and came off them in such a quick turnaround is (to me) suspect. That his parents apparently did not know is a sign. That his Uncle sadly took his own life is a factor. There are a lot of reasons to question why letting him speak right now/not guarding the situation might not have been the best idea.

My hope is that you’re right and it is the making of him. My fear is that it is a loud cry for help that people will ignore because he is “obviously better because he spoke up.”

I have known and worked with several people that were “much better” and had spoken up, who are now not here. They needed better protection. I hope people actually take this seriously and don’t assume that he is “OK” because he “isn’t on meds anymore” and “got it off his chest”...

I don't think that is fair mate. He's not blaming any person. He has gone through a difficult time and has sought to rationalise the cause of his illness. No doubt that was part of his therapy.

Look I am no expert on mental health, but I have been surrounded by humans my whole life. It never fails to amaze me how different people react to the same issue in different ways. I wouldn't judge somebody's condition to necessarily be less severe than another's just because they react differently.

I hope you’re right.
It still appears to me he is in the middle of a battle and that working in that battle close support would’ve been much better than opening up to the media. The self-pressure is (IMO) dangerous.

The thing I have found most alarming about the responses here to his comments are how it is all about football.
My views are based on the condition, his profile, his history and how it could all play out. He needs protection and support IMO. He might’ve felt on-top of everything and totally in-charge/lucid, only to have a very different take the next few days and sink into a depression. That he said he was on meds and came off them in such a quick turnaround is (to me) suspect. That his parents apparently did not know is a sign. That his Uncle sadly took his own life is a factor. There are a lot of reasons to question why letting him speak right now/not guarding the situation might not have been the best idea.

My hope is that you’re right and it is the making of him. My fear is that it is a loud cry for help that people will ignore because he is “obviously better because he spoke up.”

I have known and worked with several people that were “much better” and had spoken up, who are now not here. They needed better protection. I hope people actually take this seriously and don’t assume that he is “OK” because he “isn’t on meds anymore” and “got it off his chest”...

I’ll reply tomorrow

I think I am exhausting both mine, and everyone elses, patience with my long responses.
In summary, you've known some people who died, who went through similar and "seemed" fine.
Lennon was close to suicide IIRC, I can't remember.
Clarke Carlisle stepped in front of a lorry IIRC.

You're right, we should take this very seriously.

There you go with the excessive empathy and deep psychological understanding. 'Rotting in the stiffs' does not equal 'all the help he needs to get well'. It is, from a professional psychological stand point, exactly the opposite of what he needs. It will make him worse in terms of his mental health and fitness. And fantastic business acumen too in letting an asset that can generate money for the club (what's best for Spurs) be able to go on a free. But hey, if we fcuk up a human being's mind AND make the point that the club will not be messed with, that's brilliant. I'm sure every top player in the world will rush to join the club.
Employee welfare does not and should not extend to damaging the company's business model.

There is a huge moral hazard in allowing Rose to just carry on as if nothing happened or leave for a huge payrise. There's a lot of value to the club in ensuring that's not seen by others as the way to force our hand.

I don't think that is fair mate. He's not blaming any person. He has gone through a difficult time and has sought to rationalise the cause of his illness. No doubt that was part of his therapy.

Look I am no expert on mental health, but I have been surrounded by humans my whole life. It never fails to amaze me how different people react to the same issue in different ways. I wouldn't judge somebody's condition to necessarily be less severe than another's just because they react differently.

Well you are entitled to your opinion mate, as i said in my post i have tried to stay out of this thread as its to close to home for me and some of the posts suggestions are way out of line. I shall leave it there.

Employee welfare does not and should not extend to damaging the company's business model.

There is a huge moral hazard in allowing Rose to just carry on as if nothing happened or leave for a huge payrise. There's a lot of value to the club in ensuring that's not seen by others as the way to force our hand.
Yes, General. Of course. As I said, players will rush to come to Tottenham if they see that having challenges with mental health result in them being punished. Beatings should definitely continue until morale improves. It's time all us softies learn that punishment is for the benefit of the company's business model. And while were at it, get the kids back down the mines as they are small and can get into the tiny crevices to extract more precious material for profits.

Last edited:
Back