• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ingerlund

Don't get the Henderson accusations - I thought his passing was generally good and progressive.

Also think Rashford's performance is being exaggerated - scored one great goal (though another keeper probably would have saved it), and won a couple of early corners with his dribbling, but did nothing after that. In fairness I agree it showed flashes of his potential.

Thought Delph was solid and a good shout when playing against stronger teams.

Loftus-Cheek reminds me of a younger Dembele - similar mix of size, strength and skill, but similar lack of urgency to get on the ball and do something progressive with it.

Vardy literally had three passes in 60 minutes. THREE :D

Why does Stones have to make a mistake in possession every single game? For someone whose USP is his use of the ball, he doesn't seem very good at it.

Though I like Southgate and feel positive about this tournament, if I go with my head rather than my heart I can imagine it will be another disappointment - scrape bast some of the smaller teams unconvincingly, then lose to the bigger team(s).

I find it difficult to be critical of the current England team as they have been morphed into past home nation teams, made up of squad team players or with limited experience. I see their only hope of any form of success is based on being difficult to play against and not falling into the trap of trying to play adventurous football. Most teams will let us have the ball as our "midfield" has no creativity and will eventually over commit allowing breakaways, Maguire is the only centre back I feel confidence in, despite my favour of Stone who desperately needs to play with an experienced partner, all have a big error in their play. I'll take scrappy wins like the last two for as far as we can go, to expect any better is over ambitious.

I wish the whole team well.
I don't care what club they play for they are now wearing the national team shirt.
I don't think we should have gone to Russia.
But now we are I'm going to support all the lads.

RLC still seems a little clumsy at times. Dembele is almost graceful with his size and strength.

Anyways, I'm happy Dele is looking on form. He was very good in that first half vs Nigeria and last night picked out a great pass for the second. Unfortunately he is going to be one of the few creators we have. Sterling, Rashford and Lingard are creators of a different kind.

I find it difficult to be critical of the current England team as they have been morphed into past home nation teams, made up of squad team players or with limited experience. I see their only hope of any form of success is based on being difficult to play against and not falling into the trap of trying to play adventurous football. Most teams will let us have the ball as our "midfield" has no creativity and will eventually over commit allowing breakaways, Maguire is the only centre back I feel confidence in, despite my favour of Stone who desperately needs to play with an experienced partner, all have a big error in their play. I'll take scrappy wins like the last two for as far as we can go, to expect any better is over ambitious.

I'm looking forward to it, this is how England should have been setting up for years.

Luckily we have a decent draw. If we get through at least the 2nd round and play some decent football I won't complain. No high expections like 10-15 years ago.

No.
Now especially Mr D Welbeck.

All this tribal crap is so banal.

I actually wouldn't mind if it was a capable Arsenal player - Seaman, Adams - fine.

I object to really poor players being taken for political/marketing, rather than footballing, reasons though. Welbeck, and Cahill & Jones going instead of the Burnley CBs in particular.

I actually wouldn't mind if it was a capable Arsenal player - Seaman, Adams - fine.

I object to really poor players being taken for political/marketing, rather than footballing, reasons though. Welbeck, and Cahill & Jones going instead of the Burnley CBs in particular.

Welbeck has a decent record for England and whilst Cahill and Jones might not be flavour of the month they bring with them a ton of experience and I suspect that's why they are in the squad.

Back