• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

Mine mostly get stuck in my socks and knee/ankle supports! My wife hates them

If you end up on the deck or head the ball at any point, they get in your underwear, in your hair - everywhere.

My misses was paranoid they were mouse droppings for ages

There are turfs that don't require rubber pellets, and instead use a shock absorbing layer underneath. Judging by all the layers they have rolled out, I think that's what they have opted for.
Plus I can't see the pellets doing any good if they get in the motors, troughs and roller bearings of the sliding pitch

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/fo...sparks-shortage-of-electricians-a3858666.html

Contractors for the government-backed Crossrail scheme are struggling to find mechanical and electrical workers for a final push to complete the project because so many have moved to Tottenham’s new stadium site.

According to Construction Inquirer, M&E workers on Spurs’ Northumberland Park Project are being paid £400 per day — more than double the London average — which has left other sites across London, including Crossrail, facing a shortage of workers.

turf
təːf/
noun
  1. 1.
    grass and the surface layer of earth held together by its roots.
    "they walked across the springy turf"
    synonyms: grass, lawn, sod
Definition of turf

plural turfs play \ˈtərfs\ also turves play \ˈtərvz\

1a : the upper stratum of soil bound by grass and plant roots into a thick mat;also : a piece of this

b : an artificial substitute for this (as on a playing field)

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/fo...sparks-shortage-of-electricians-a3858666.html

Contractors for the government-backed Crossrail scheme are struggling to find mechanical and electrical workers for a final push to complete the project because so many have moved to Tottenham’s new stadium site.

According to Construction Inquirer, M&E workers on Spurs’ Northumberland Park Project are being paid £400 per day — more than double the London average — which has left other sites across London, including Crossrail, facing a shortage of workers.
Does make you wonder that if you add in non-free movement of european workers whether we'd struggle to get a loft conversion completed in the future.

400 a day for a sparky :confused:no wonder Toby is angry not being offered more than 120k a week. Gross mismanagement of funds by Levy

Gave the agency a ring yesterday when someone posted the story here as im a sparky and am waiting for the day rate to shoot up before jumping on myself - they're still paying £20 ph according to them, so i wouldn't pay too much attention to that article

Gave the agency a ring yesterday when someone posted the story here as im a sparky and am waiting for the day rate to shoot up before jumping on myself - they're still paying £20 ph according to them, so i wouldn't pay too much attention to that article
So you mean you could be our £20p/h man on the inside (not in the Chich sense), and you're refusing? Disgraceful.

Is it me or do the blocks of seats which have now been uncovered in the east stand look more grey, rather than dark blue?

20 hour days. What's the problem?

My uncle is a biochemist or something like that, and he told me once that the people in the highest risk bracket are those who move country! The high number of new or foreign stimuli to the body that moving country brings can tip cells into the bad place. Lovely conversations we've had.

I have known a few disease ridden sailors that would back up that theory.

I have known a few disease ridden sailors that would back up that theory.

know someone in the biblical sense

Jump to navigationJump to search
Contents
[1English
English[edit]
Etymology[edit]
From the use of know in the Bible. Some Bible translations, such as the King James Bible, translate the Hebrew word יָדַע‎ (yādaʿ) as know even in sexual contexts, giving rise to lines like "And Adam knew Eve his wife; and she conceived."

Verb[edit]
know someone in the biblical sense (third-person singular simple present knows someone in the biblical sense, present participle knowing someone in the biblical sense, simple past knew someone in the biblical sense, past participle known someone in the biblical sense)

Back