• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Danny Rose

No club is going for rose now and he also needs to show that he wants to remain at spurs and get back to his best. It’s in his interests and the clubs and now he has gone public with his issues more people will hopefully back him

He was a passionate spurs player only 18 months ago and we can ge that back by backing him

On another point, this whole idea of there being disagreements around treatment seems to be a recurring theme. Rose, Toby, I'm sure Lamela probably had something to say about it as well. I wonder whether that is linked to the lower basic salaries we paid. We would take the best long term decision for their health and not the decision to rush them back, but because of that, I imagine some of the guys may have been losing half their income...I don't know for sure but it sure feels common that our players seem to disagree with the treatment we prescribe, even though in Poch and Perez we are being lead by a team that takes sports science, health and fitness etc extremely seriously and they must know their stuff.

One of the things which has impressed me the most about Poch is that he does not rush players back/allow players to rush themselves back. Kane is the only possible exception, and Kane has earned the right to lay down his own gauntlet in that regard. I can only think of Rose as a major dissenter. Lamela? He had no complaints about how dealt with him -we even let him go back to Roma and receive treatment there, we tried everything! Toby? Has he stressed dissatisfaction about our treatment of his injuries? I see the point you're making, but if it is true, I find it very, very hard to side with these players if the treatment/rest they've been given is correct and appropriate...

No club is going for rose now and he also needs to show that he wants to remain at spurs and get back to his best. It’s in his interests and the clubs and now he has gone public with his issues more people will hopefully back him

He was a passionate spurs player only 18 months ago and we can ge that back by backing him

I think it is a very, very precarious situation for him. He still hints at discontent. I feel very sorry for his issues, but again, whoever is advising him and allowing him to continually vent himself is not, IMO, doing him a favor. He needs to be private, calm and work on all the issues he is dealing with privately. I see no positive for him whatsoever in sharing this a week before the tournament starts, as it will follow his every move, be a footnote to every sentence involving his name. I am not saying he should be "ashamed" of it -of course not!- but again, I think he has been poorly advised and would've found things much easier keeping private for now. That "pull-headline" is starting g proof...

I think it is a very, very precarious situation for him. He still hints at discontent. I feel very sorry for his issues, but again, whoever is advising him and allowing him to continually vent himself is not, IMO, doing him a favor. He needs to be private, calm and work on all the issues he is dealing with privately. I see no positive for him whatsoever in sharing this a week before the tournament starts, as it will follow his every move, be a footnote to every sentence involving his name. I am not saying he should be "ashamed" of it -of course not!- but again, I think he has been poorly advised and would've found things much easier keeping private for now. That "pull-headline" is starting g proof...

I'm not particularly comfortable with telling someone how they should handle their mental illness, and I think the same is true with Rose. If he feels talking about depression - one of the last taboos left in football - is going to help him heal, then by all means, talk about it.

Furthermore, if the football world veers away from signing him because of his candidness, that says a lot more about the football world than it does about him.

However...I can predict how the world will react to him talking about it days before the World Cup. And the same papers that talk with such despicably self-righteous, utterly deceitful sympathy about his issues will be gleefully burning him in effigy if he makes the mistake that sends England out.

I hope he's taken that into consideration, because it will be coming.

One of the things which has impressed me the most about Poch is that he does not rush players back/allow players to rush themselves back. Kane is the only possible exception, and Kane has earned the right to lay down his own gauntlet in that regard. I can only think of Rose as a major dissenter. Lamela? He had no complaints about how dealt with him -we even let him go back to Roma and receive treatment there, we tried everything! Toby? Has he stressed dissatisfaction about our treatment of his injuries? I see the point you're making, but if it is true, I find it very, very hard to side with these players if the treatment/rest they've been given is correct and appropriate...

I agree with Poch’s approach on this entirely. I just think he has already talked about how Toby wanted to come back earlier and that’s what the whole ‘we sat with him for 2 hours to explain’ thing was all about.

I just wonder if we have more players than most dissent our injury treatment because more of their income is tied to appearance and not in the basic salary.

Well, for someone trying to put himself in the shop window, all he seems to be doing is stirring up wonder and worry about where his head is at and the mental state within it.

When rival managers look at this, it's hard to believe they'll be lining up to sign Rose to a big deal. Which will only depress him more.

Here's the sort of therapy he could use - laughter.

Poor fellow sounds like he's had a shocking year, he deserves our full support. Mental health issues are not to be taken lightly.
https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...ayer-racism-fears-abuse-england-football-team
Wow, no love for Spurs there whatsoever.

Nothing about the help, patience and understanding from our end, apparently he was filling himself with pills for our benefit....

I've got a lot of sympathy for his condition but he needs to grow the fudge up and be a pro when he talks publicly about his relationship with the club - whether he feels it or not.

I'm not particularly comfortable with telling someone how they should handle their mental illness, and I think the same is true with Rose. If he feels talking about depression - one of the last taboos left in football - is going to help him heal, then by all means, talk about it.

Furthermore, if the football world veers away from signing him because of his candidness, that says a lot more about the football world than it does about him.

However...I can predict how the world will react to him talking about it days before the World Cup. And the same papers that talk with such despicably self-righteous, utterly deceitful sympathy about his issues will be gleefully burning him in effigy if he makes the mistake that sends England out.

I hope he's taken that into consideration, because it will be coming.

Just to be clear, the thrust of my post revolved precisely around the two issues I've bold-faced above...and to be clearer still, I do not believe that he is being advised properly and I do not think he has had all the angles discussed/conveyed to him. If he wanted to speak about his depression, had I been his advisor I'd have suggested he do so after the tournament. I'd also have advised him not to speak about it until he had settled upon what his next career/life steps were.

If anyone can explain to me how saying nobody knew he was anti-depressants or that his uncle had committed suicide will help him, I'd like to hear it. Because Poch is a player's player, someone who tried very hard to work with players not against them. I think he'll be saddened.

I think people can be comfortable asserting an opinion on others and their mental illnesses if they have that person's best interests at heart. I would expect his reps to have his best interests at heart. This is an example of not having his best interests at heart.

I don’t think anyone should be rushing to judgment on him speaking out about his illness. It’s up to him how he handles it. He may not be listening to his advisers. People who have had/are suffering from a mental illness often don’t listen to advice or think about the consequences of what they say.

Last edited:
I don’t think anyone should be condemning him for speaking out about his illness. It’s up to him how he handles it. He may not be listening to his advisers. People who have had/are suffering from a mental illness often don’t listen to advice or think about the consequences of what they say.

Not sure if you were replying specifically to my post mate or making a general comment?

You may not have seen the thread in random, on this subject so I suggest you give it a read. Many people here - including myself - have had friends and family suffering from depression.

I will speak for myself re: Danny Rose. I know only too well that each case is different, but based on what I have been seeing from DR for the last 15 months, I believe he is being poorly advised. He is in a profession which places extraordinary demands on young men. Depression is increasingly one of them. I believe in his situation, he needs protection from the media and (furthermore) help. Your point about not listening to advice or thinking about the consequences of their words (how can they if they are not well?!!) amplify tenfold why someone in his position needs greater help than most precisely because of the spotlight he is constantly under.

If he is depressed -if he was on meds and is now off them because he is “OK”- I would suggest he is still in a vulnerable place where he could yet suffer more. I sincerely -sincerely- hope I am wrong.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Last edited:

Nothing about the help, patience and understanding from our end, apparently he was filling himself with pills for our benefit....

I've got a lot of sympathy for his condition but he needs to grow the fudge up and be a pro when he talks publicly about his relationship with the club - whether he feels it or not.
That’s how I read it as well, another dig at Spurs, but he can’t divulge more or Spurs will fine him again!?

My view on this is simple:- better he speaks about his illness than remains quiet and ends up like Gary Speed. Things like this are bigger than football and our tribal loyalties to our clubs. Maybe it will help him get the support he still needs; maybe it will help another person seek help. Anyone raising the profile of mental illness is doing a great job imho.

As for the press they will do what they do whether he speaks or doesn't. It may scupper a move because clubs may not want a player with his baggage but I don't think he is necessarily thinking about that.

One positive thing is that, separately, he has often mentioned that his relationship with Poch is very good and that suggests to me that Poch has been very supportive throughout the time; it may explain why Rose has not burnt his bridges with the manager despite his outbursts. If so well done Poch.

Jose just signed that Porto wing back, might well mean the interest in Rose cools.

From what I can tell he is a RB, so shouldnt be a factor - more an issue for Valencia.

On another point, this whole idea of there being disagreements around treatment seems to be a recurring theme. Rose, Toby, I'm sure Lamela probably had something to say about it as well. I wonder whether that is linked to the lower basic salaries we paid. We would take the best long term decision for their health and not the decision to rush them back, but because of that, I imagine some of the guys may have been losing half their income...I don't know for sure but it sure feels common that our players seem to disagree with the treatment we prescribe, even though in Poch and Perez we are being lead by a team that takes sports science, health and fitness etc extremely seriously and they must know their stuff.

I think its nothing to do with money.

Id suggest its simply the contradiction of two things,
1) The players desire to play ASAP, and
2) The clubs reluctance to operate if they think things can heal naturally

You put it better than I could, I was struggling to find the right terms.

There is a real sense of detatchment about the club whenever he speaks, its like he has no bond or love for us at all - after what? 10 years? as a player.

I like Danny's attitude on the pitch he gives his all and that is where it matters not in the press.
I dislike this rush to judgement regarding him personally by some who don't know and have never even spoken to him.
His view on racism in football is spot on.

The rest is a tittle-tattle and media slant.

As for this lack of so-called lack of "club attachment", please he's not a bloody fan he is a player.

Last edited:
From what I can tell he is a RB, so shouldnt be a factor - more an issue for Valencia.

I think its nothing to do with money.

Id suggest its simply the contradiction of two things,
1) The players desire to play ASAP, and
2) The clubs reluctance to operate if they think things can heal naturally

You put it better than I could, I was struggling to find the right terms.

There is a real sense of detatchment about the club whenever he speaks, its like he has no bond or love for us at all - after what? 10 years? as a player.

Can you blame him?

Fans treated him like brick - I imagine his attitude is partly down to that

If he had said "I was taking painkillers and injections to get through games'' etc. and not ''For Tottenham'' then it could have sounded better. They way he talks make it sound like he is still tinkled off with everything at the club and happy to be away from it all.

It's sad though, and it sounds like he's been through a real bricky period over the last year. I hope he gets all the help he can.

We had Sean Dyche come in to the office yesterday to give a management talk (he was pretty good), but he mentioned how in any group you have “sappers” and “energizers”, the sappers sap the energy from a group and its up to everyone and the management to get them back in to line. If they don’t then they are marginalized and ultimately have to leave.

I’d suggest Rose has been a sapper since his first injury 2 years ago?

Dyche also talked about trust and respect, I think this is appropriate here as well, Poch (and the club as a whole) were blatantly disrespected last summer and he just doesn’t trust Rose anymore IMO.

Back