• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Toby Alderweireld

Apparently Utd are very interested in centre back Lenglet at Sevilla. 31 mill release clause

How many central defenders does the miserable one want. Jones, Smalling, Bailey, Lindoff, Rojo, now maybe Lenglet......

The problem is, they are all terrible. The best CB on their books actually played RB for Palace last season (Fosu-Mensah)

So suddenly that equates to 4 times more than what he was more than happy to sign up for just a couple of years ago. Logic...

It didn't matter to either parties and both were happy. Neither the club has come out, or the player to the press about the situation.

The contracts where signed on agreeable terms with the foresight of a situation that we knew could happen.

As far as I'm convinced both parties are allowed to review and see what else is out there in the Open market, since there is still time to negotiate for both parties to benefit.

So suddenly that equates to 4 times more than what he was more than happy to sign up for just a couple of years ago. Logic...

I think he'll probably settle for 130k wherever he ends up, at absolute most I think he'll get 3x more. If Lovren is on 100k, there is no doubt he deserves at least that. Nothing wrong with him seeing how much he can get on his final big contract as far as I can see.

I cannot agree more. A fit Toby for the Juve or ManU cup matches could have been the difference we needed. There's no way of telling for sure, of course, but experience in the big matches is the one thing that Sanchez doesn't quite have. Yet.

Hate to say it, but it was a fit Toby at Old Trafford that pushed absurdly high up the pitch to challenge Lukaku at the halfway line only to lose the challenge and leave us wide open. Dier copped the blame but Toby made a bad decision there which cost us big time...

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

It didn't matter to either parties and both were happy. Neither the club has come out, or the player to the press about the situation.

The contracts where signed on agreeable terms with the foresight of a situation that we knew could happen.

As far as I'm convinced both parties are allowed to review and see what else is out there in the Open market, since there is still time to negotiate for both parties to benefit.

Of course they’re “allowed” but an agreement is an agreement. Just because something is legal, it does not always make it “right”...

Hate to say it, but it was a fit Toby at Old Trafford that pushed absurdly high up the pitch to challenge Lukaku at the halfway line only to lose the challenge and leave us wide open. Dier copped the blame but Toby made a bad decision there which cost us big time...

brick. Forgot about that. Well, I've been trying to forget about it. Looks like I succeeded!

Don't slam the door on your way out Toby. He can fcuk off to Utd if there's any truth in those quotes about him being unhappy at Spurs because he missed his nephews birth and doesn't get to spontaneously visit his parents. See how much free time you get playing for Jose and the bus parkers.

Levy holds all the cards here. Give us Martial in exchange, or don't bother calling.

Don't slam the door on your way out Toby. He can fcuk off to Utd if there's any truth in those quotes about him being unhappy at Spurs because he missed his nephews birth and doesn't get to spontaneously visit his parents. See how much free time you get playing for Jose and the bus parkers.

Levy holds all the cards here. Give us Martial in exchange, or don't bother calling.

................I really don't think those quotes were intended to be a part of a Marca-style pressure job to release him to United, I think he just was being genuine.

Even the best players make the occasional mistake but I would wager if he was fit and consistently starting he would win us more points than he lost us.

Even the best players make the occasional mistake but I would wager if he was fit and consistently starting he would win us more points than he lost us.

A very fair (and accurate) comment mate. Sadly, I do not think we will see the scenario you described again.

If that article is accurate then to me he should do a different job.
It would appear so.

Furthermore, if that is Toby speaking from the heart or thinking out loud perhaps Poch has had similar casual or formal conversations with him and has come to the conclusion, that although Toby is professional, that his heart may not be in it, especially to the levels Poch and in particular WE need now to go those last few steps.

Cynically maybe Toby is looking to secure that bumper pay day on a five year deal, where he may be good for a couple of seasons and then tail off as his desire to be with family etc increases.

And of course this wont happen on Pocch's watch.

Of course they’re “allowed” but an agreement is an agreement. Just because something is legal, it does not always make it “right”...

I've just heard another version of the story you were saying which helps me see now where you were coming from Steff. What I didn't entirely get was that it wasn't simply an agreement of 130k, and then they changed, supposedly it went something like this:

DL: We offer 110k.

TA's agent: We want 150k.

DL: We can't go that high.

Poch steps in: He's worth it, do as much as you can DL. Toby's Agent, if we get to 130k, will you accept?

TA's agent: Yes.

DL: We offer 130k.

TA's agent: We now want 180k.

I think there's two things there which I didn't entirely get before. Firstly, it's the moving of the goalposts from their initial position - even beyond what they originally asked for. And secondly, they have abused Poch's trust, and he has put his own reputation on the line with Levy to try and force his hand to get Toby what he wanted, because he would happily go to bat for him.

So I can completely see why Levy is fudged off because its not a way to do business. And secondly, I can see why the trust has gone with Poch because he stuck his neck out, and got it thrown back in his face.

If this is what happened, I'm much less confident on Toby eventually staying, and I will find it funny because much like Rose, I think they will find that there won't be many clubs that will now offer significantly more money or a better chance of success. He will be making what is essentially a pretty pointless move and risking settling in successfully with a new club all because he didn't tell his agent to stop when he had it good.

Back