• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer 2018 transfer thread

No.

Well, he *might* be one day, but Ajax fans aren't very impressed with the hype around him - he flatters to deceive, more often than not. Of course, he's still young, so that is to be expected, but I don't think he's going to hit the heights his dad did.

Plus, he has Mino Raiola as an agent, which makes the possibility of us signing him as close to zero as humanly possible. We might make the effort to deal with Raiola for a generational talent (like De Ligt, perhaps), and even then it would be a massive, massive risk that could destroy the club. For an iffier youngster like Kluivert? No f*cking way.
Well I'm convinced.

It does, though he's injury prone and turns 31 before next season starts. If thats the money on offer I'd rather keep him as part of a slightly larger squad given that when fit he's a beast.

If he does go to Inter, you can gaurantee that we'll draw them in a 'group of death' (they're in pot 4) and he'll have a stormer against us

I think we have to wish him well and let him go. Others need to know that he is no longer with us, because you are right, when he is fit, he plays. We need to move on.

I think we have to wish him well and let him go. Others need to know that he is no longer with us, because you are right, when he is fit, he plays. We need to move on.
I get you are not his biggest fan Steff but imho we can only move on when we have a replacement for him. Although he may not be as important to us as in previous seasons, even last season he dominated in some big games and we have no one else who can do that for us. £10 million is insulting if true.

A lot of young wingers being linked these last few days.

Kluivert, Bergwijn, Malcom, Leon Bailey, Zaha and Martial are the ones I can recall. Who is everyone's favourite? Personally I like the look of Bailey.

Kluivert, Bergwijn, Malcom, Leon Bailey, Zaha and Martial are the ones I can recall. Who is everyone's favourite? Personally I like the look of Bailey.

Moura for me. Proven at CL/international level, and a good age (just about to hit his peak). Unlike some of the others I think he has guile along with his pace, which will be useful against deep sitting defences.

It depends on his personality. If he's a good mentor to Onomah, then that could work for a year. If he's quite self-focused, then probably not

Kluivert, Bergwijn, Malcom, I took a quick look at their supposed highlights on youtube + stats etc I'm not seeing it. I almost feel sorry for Levy. You can see why city will pay the money for Mahrez, rather than on poor pretenders.

I get you are not his biggest fan Steff but imho we can only move on when we have a replacement for him. Although he may not be as important to us as in previous seasons, even last season he dominated in some big games and we have no one else who can do that for us. £10 million is insulting if true.

Could be a bit of a chicken and egg thing, we might never "move on" all the while he is there and is a crutch. It might take moving him on before we evolve properly to deal with it.

Kluivert, Bergwijn, Malcom, I took a quick look at their supposed highlights on youtube + stats etc I'm not seeing it. I almost feel sorry for Levy. You can see why city will pay the money for Mahrez, rather than on poor pretenders.

When Mahrez was 21, he was playing for 2nd Division Le Harve's Reserve team.

The players mentioned are three of the best-rated u21 prospects in the world (especially Malcom and Kluivert). And comparing them to Mahrez is the only thing that makes less sense than calling them "poor pretenders," ffs.

These are exactly the kinds of players we should be scouting/targeting — guys who we can grow into World Stars — not peak-age attackers on crazy wages/fees that probably aren't better than Sonny or Dele.

Do we need them though when we already have 5 great AMs? Look at how we've killed the careers or Nkoudou and Njie because there's been no game time for them. Why not just leave a glimmer of space for Shashoua to aim for?

Do we need them though when we already have 5 great AMs? Look at how we've killed the careers or Nkoudou and Njie because there's been no game time for them. Why not just leave a glimmer of space for Shashoua to aim for?

I think that it's a fair point to ask whether we should be trying to promote a youth teamer like Shashoua or Edwards into that spare attacking spot. Truth is, I don't know how close either are, but I'd love to see Poch find some minutes for Edwards this season.

However, I don't think it's fair to compare N'Koudou or N'Jie to any of the three prospects mentioned. All three of those guys are significantly better rated players who have shown a lot more than either GKN or N'Jie ever have/did.

When Mahrez was 21, he was playing for 2nd Division Le Harve's Reserve team.

The players mentioned are three of the best-rated u21 prospects in the world (especially Malcom and Kluivert). And comparing them to Mahrez is the only thing that makes less sense than calling them "poor pretenders," ffs.

These are exactly the kinds of players we should be scouting/targeting — guys who we can grow into World Stars — not peak-age attackers on crazy wages/fees that probably aren't better than Sonny or Dele.

Yes it's important to highlight and acquire the next big talents out there, but we now are at the stage where we should be looking at one or two ready made stars who will immediately come into the team and make a difference.

Yes it's important to highlight and acquire the next big talents out there, but we now are at the stage where we should be looking at one or two ready made stars who will immediately come into the team and make a difference.

Ready made players for gaping holes in the first team makes sense or if a WC player like Bale comes about that we potentially have a chance of bringing in - signing ready made players for positions we are already well stocked in, like AM, wouldn't be the best way to spend a big chunk of our budget imo.

I think CM is the only real area we need someone to be able to slot straight in, potentially CB too depending on how we plan to line up for the season (4 atb v 3 atb) WF/AM/CF we are quite well stocked so young players with potential would make more sense - if we can sign young players already at a good level in any position then that's all the better.

This for me as well.

Out of those i would prefer Martial.

Agreed. Unless we get a definite first team starter ( Bale, Mahrez, even Zaha) why waste more money on an unknown winger? We have Moura already . In his brief cameos, he has already shown he is good enough for our squad.

I would rather we splashed our cash on an Eriksen style playmaker. Without Eriksen, we are sorely lacking in this area.

I would argue there is a need for a legitimate left sided option.

On the right Moura/Lamela offer a nice contrast and decent options.

On the left we only really have Son. Who when on form, is great, and when not - could use replacing.

Someone like Martial fits the bill very nicely there.

We are reaching a point where our squad depth will be as important as our first 11 (and strengthening that 11). Look at Liverpool in the CL final. Madrid blew them away with their bench, we need to be able to do that. Just as we need to be able to more proactively rotate players to maintain peak fitness.

I would argue there is a need for a legitimate left sided option.

On the right Moura/Lamela offer a nice contrast and decent options.

On the left we only really have Son. Who when on form, is great, and when not - could use replacing.

Someone like Martial fits the bill very nicely there.

We are reaching a point where our squad depth will be as important as our first 11 (and strengthening that 11). Look at Liverpool in the CL final. Madrid blew them away with their bench, we need to be able to do that. Just as we need to be able to more proactively rotate players to maintain peak fitness.

Alli plays primarily on the left. We are desperate for a central string puller with guile like Eriksen. Thankfully, he has so far avoided any long term injuries. Whenever he has been out, generally we struggle. We have no one that can effectively play his role.

I agree we lack options.

However still not quite sure if Poch wants to or is capable of taking advantage of it.

Poch to me is about persistence and winning things from fine margins and keeping things tight.

Very different from the swashbuckling open play that we saw from redknapp. Very exciting recalling the highlights of those years. I recall the white knuckled finish too then realise that I much prefer Poch's steadier and more disciplined approach.

Perhaps we need just better players in our starting eleven, not just more options.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Fapatalk

Back