• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

Said it before, Ill say it again - no Spurs tinted glasses - Madrid would be a bad move for him.

He is a coach that needs time. They are a club that doesnt give it.

Also, right now, he is the king, he has autonomy, he has clout. At Madrid he wont even have a say in players being bought/sold. And of course he would have the president pushing for certain players to start etc.

Its just not a fit, IMO.

Exactly what I said previously. If he did go, which I very much doubt, I don't think he would last long there. He would be mad to go imho. But, there again, there is always the personal bit of Icarus in all of us............

Poch you old flirt!!! Haha

He has a book to flog.

Having exactly this sort of conversation will keep him in the Spanish/European spotlight. His publisher must adore him. If he were to jump, the book would suddenly become far less interesting as his time with Spurs would instantly fade in relevance to the many, many other things that would be said and written about him.

No doubt he will one day manage Real. But coming in on the heels of a departing three-time European Cup winner and club legend is not the most auspicious. He can only look bad if he fails to win.

I’ll be shocked if he goes to be honest. I was doubtful anyway but the quotes this morning are as emphatic as you can realistically get.

While I did say earlier that even Poch won’t be as wholesome as some of us believe, it would take an almighty contradiction to go there now in my view.

Then again, maybe Levy fancies the £40m-£60m he could get for Poch and will “sell” him...

"£40m-£60m" now that's a lot.

All the 'he said' 'they said' is just white noise.

we might swap him for Bale:eek::p;)

... if you're in the tabloid business, that is. I imagine The Guardian, for instance, would write a more balanced headline. Aaaand, they did: "Mauricio Pochettino ‘happy’ at Spurs but keeps Real Madrid door open".

The Guardian actually first had the headline as WHEN MADRID COME CALLING YOU HAVE TO LISTEN SAYS POCHETTINO, but they obviously thought better of it.

Yes, but its not significant on whether he would leave or not - merely shows that specific rumour was nonsense. I agree there are no worries, unless Real Madrid do come in full tilt and then things will be interesting. Its very easy saying youre not interested in something thats not on offer, but when it becomes reality? Different matter. Im sure most blokes on here would say they wouldnt go near Katie Price, but if she was standing right there in front of you on offer? Hmmm:p....
All over it.

Didn’t you promise to be more positive?
Yes I did but this isn’t about us beating Watford at home, this is about our manager possibly going to the biggest club in the world. Every time someone from that club has wanted one of our players, they go. If the rumours are true of them wanting Poch, they tend to get what they want. We would be overly compensated for it I’m sure, but I genuinely believe he’s off. Can’t blame him if he does, just a bit brick isn’t it.

Let’s hope he doesn’t but I couldn’t blame him. Levy needs to not break any promises and give Poch money or he can have that at Real.

You must remember things differently to me or have seen some new quotes from Poch

All km saying is that Redknapp got huge criticism for how he responded to the England speculation but I don't think he handled it any different to how Poch is dealing with this Real spec

Poch is not 100% ruling out Real and it was the same with Redknapp back then regarding England

Yes I did but this isn’t about us beating Watford at home, this is about our manager possibly going to the biggest club in the world. Every time someone from that club has wanted one of our players, they go. If the rumours are true of them wanting Poch, they tend to get what they want. We would be overly compensated for it I’m sure, but I genuinely believe he’s off. Can’t blame him if he does, just a bit brick isn’t it.

Let’s hope he doesn’t but I couldn’t blame him. Levy needs to not break any promises and give Poch money or he can have that at Real.

You're just being Realistic - Ill get me coat.....although I'm not sure Ill need it.

Back