• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer 2018 transfer thread

Can has the turning circle of a tanker, is slow and often out of position. On A free he would be ok but Liverpool have offered huge wages and want to keep him so they didnt let him go... He will be on his way to Juve very shortly.

If Poch could get him running then €13m would be a bargain as an understudy to Eriksen...but otherwise difficult to see how his current style would fit our team

I'll go out on a limb and say he's being harshly underrated by most on here. The non-effort stuff is a myth I think, you don't play for a team as bad as Stoke were last season and get 8 goals and 7 assists by sitting on your @arse. I think he's a very decent footballer, a goal threat, strong, quick(ish), skilful, good shot, good passer. Maybe not what people are looking for to upgrade our current squad but I firmly believe he will show up better in a better team.

I'll go out on a limb and say he's being harshly underrated by most on here. The non-effort stuff is a myth I think, you don't play for a team as bad as Stoke were last season and get 8 goals and 7 assists by sitting on your @arse. I think he's a very decent footballer, a goal threat, strong, quick(ish), skilful, good shot, good passer. Maybe not what people are looking for to upgrade our current squad but I firmly believe he will show up better in a better team.
I think he’s a very good player myself, he doesn’t strike me as a luxury player that doesn’t work for the team either. That being said, is he going to improve the current array of skills in our AM department? What would he add that we don’t already have? I don’t really see a lot. Whereas Zaha brings things to the table we don’t have so that would make more sense, even if more expensive....

giphy.gif

Thauvin impressed me before going to Saudi Sportswashing Machine. They had a really bad season that year, so maybe it wasn't the best time for him to be blooded in the Prem. That said, I'd still be wary about buying him.

A player I’d like to see us go for is Brandt from Bayer

He has has every thing and would be gettable IMO for reasonable money
If he's not part of the German team at the WC, then maybe. Else him and Bayer will wait until after and demand a heftier fee.

I believe he'd come in with a good attitude about his role. He has to know he's not the go-to starter but if he embraces that the benefit can often be a player not feeling any pressure and willing to express himself. He's a decent player and still has plenty to offer.

Not a so-called 'sexy' pick but if we got a Steed Malbranque type (at his best), that'd be OK.

Manchester United are interested in signing West Ham forward Marko Arnautovic - the Hammers want £50m for the 28-year-old Austrian. (Sky Sports)

But West Ham say they do not want to sell the forward this summer. (Evening Standard)

United manager Jose Mourinho was spotted at Wednesday's friendly between Austria and Russia, which featured Arnautovic. (Vivaro News)

Chelsea are eyeing 29-year-old Poland striker Robert Lewandowski after he announced he wants to leave Bayern Munich. (Mirror)

Liverpool have made an offer of 60m euros (£52.68m) to Lyon for their 24-year-old French forward Nabil Fekir. (Le Parisien)

And the Reds have Barcelona's 29-year-old Dutch goalkeeper Jasper Cillessen on their shortlist. (Mundo Deportivo)

Italy midfielder Jorginho, 26, is set to join Emirates Marketing Project from Napoli for 50m euros (£43.9m) having agreed a five-year deal. (La Gazzetta dello Sport - in Italian)

How, 91 years ago, a team of ordinary Englishmen found themselves at the heart of history in Soviet Russia.

France coach Didier Deschamps has advised forward Antoine Griezmann, 27, to remain at Atletico Madrid instead of joining Barcelona. (RMC Sport- in French)

Arsenal are set to sign 17-year-old French midfielder Yacine Adli from Paris St-Germain. (Mirror)

Brazil World Cup winner Ronaldo is interested in purchasing Spanish club Real Valladolid for 30m euros. (O Globo - in Portuguese)

Everton could revive their interest in Crystal Palace'sDutch defender Patrick Van Aanholt, 27. (Daily Mail)

Meanwhile, the Toffees face competition from Monaco for Sporting Lisbon midfielder William Carvalho. The 26-year-old Portuguese player almost joined West Ham last season. (Talksport)

Saudi Sportswashing Machine have been offered the chance to sign Stoke City's 28-year-old Welsh midfielder Joe Allen. (Saudi Sportswashing Machine Chronicle)

Fulham might have to pay close to £20m to sign Saudi Sportswashing Machine's Serb striker Aleksandar Mitrovic. The 23-year-old was on loan at Craven Cottage last season and helped the club win promotion to the Premier League. (Evening Standard)

Justin Kluivert - son of former Netherlands striker Patrick - might stay at Ajax despite speculation about him moving away from the Eredivisie club. The 19-year-old Dutch winger has been linked with Manchester United and Tottenham. (Fox Sports - in Dutch)

Kluivert has agreed terms with Roma, but they have yet to agree a fee with their Dutch counterparts for the Netherlands international. (Gianluca di Marzio - in Italian)

Defender Michael Dawson, 34, has agreed to return to Nottingham Foreston a two-year deal after his Hull contract expires. (Daily Mail)

Southampton and Aston Villa are interested in German defender Tobias Pachonik. The 23-year-old is a free agent as he has yet to sign a new deal with Italian Serie B side Carpi FC. (Turkish Football)

Attachments

• upload_2018-5-31_8-3-53.gif
    upload_2018-5-31_8-3-53.gif
    42 bytes · Views: 11
Arnautovic lol

He was bl00dy decent against Utd at the end of the season. Every time he was in the game he gave their backline a headache. Bl00dy decent for quite a few games towards the end of the season tbh.

Moyes seems to have converted him into an all round centre forward type player. 6ft 3. Strong, quick, can also beat a player with a trick/stepover.

He’s a different player now to the one West Ham signed. If he went to a bigger club he would surprise a few I think (if he was as tuned in as he is now).

His ability is not in question, always his attitude - and I stand by saying Id rather he were no where near our team and squad.

Shaqiri insists there is “a lack of quality” in Paul Lambert’s struggling squad and it appears certain that he will attempt to force a move at the end of the season.

The £12m attacker gave the interview to a magazine in his native Switzerland and it has only increased the growing sense of crisis, ahead of Sunday’s game at Arsenal.

This was March, deep in relegation trouble but not down yet
“The feeling that even a Ronaldinho could do little in this team is sobering,” he said.
"I had to realise that it's a bit different when you have players like Ribéry and Thiago at Bayern or Icardi and Kovacic at Inter.
"Here at Stoke I cannot exert too much influence, simply because there is a lack of quality around me.
“I cannot just down tools but it would take something extreme for Stoke in the transfer market this summer to revive my enthusiasm.”

The guy left Bayern and Inter because they didnt pander to his ego and play him all the time as he demanded. Turns up at Stoke, and does this when the chips are down.

Back