• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Bale. Could we? Would we? Should we?

Ehhhhhh I dunno man. I was as excited as anyone at the prospect, but looking at the various outlets since Bale gave his interview, it’s already pretty clear who the players are, and I don’t think it’s us. The BBC didn’t put this in their Gossip column, it’s a very clear statement. They don’t need to be that definitive unless they are doing someone’s bidding - either ours or Bale’s camp.

On the other hand, I would love to be wrong, and you always do seem like you know ‘something’, so I’ll hold out a small amount of hope. But it just feels like the various parties wanted to nip this in the bud before it got too big. This should be a summer of optimism, and I don’t think the club would want any let down or negativity because we expect Bale and get someone else.

I know Levy loves him. What I don’t know is the same as everyone else after that. I simply cannot see him at Man U. Makes no sense.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

The leaked contract said otherwise although 5 years on, the instalments could be all paid now

You're right that the fee was in instalments and was not all paid up front. IIRC Real had the option to pay a single lump sum which would have been cheaper than the instalment plan, but they didn't do that.
The final payment was made nearly two years ago.

Agreed, there is simply no way we could afford the wages he can demand. He might have been willing to take a bit of a pay cut, but doubt he would go below £200 k p/w and there's no way we could afford that

He is reportedly on 400k per week after tax.... there is no way he is going to halve his wages to come to us.

He ain' coming, and I'm ok with that.

Unlikely but I still think there's a chance.. If it doesn't happen I won't get my knickers in a twist either.

He's getting on a bit and younger options in Pulisic and Martial have a bigger upside.. We give UTD a clear run at Bale if they give us Martial?

Either way, it's no guarantee where he'll end up.. But if he chooses UTD you can be sure I'll boo the brick out of the clam.....

I wouldn't be a true Spurs fan if I wasn't glaringly contradictory :D

Chances of us picking a player in his prime are slim. But I still have some belief. But for you to even think its remotely
possible a lot has to come into play. For one he would have to take a wage drop. That is without question. Could we pay him 200k? possible as long we
we also pay some of the others. Can we afford that plus signing him? I believe so. Will he take 200k? and drop down a lot in wages for a kind
of hometown discount? that is the crux of the matter. I can see Bale liking the idea of coming back, I can see him liking the idea of helping us win
the league and being a star in our team. Will this help him take less wages? Slim but possible.

Playing wise we are not far off United. We have champions league for the 3rd year in a row so no one off. Also we beat Madrid so he must have been
impressed by that. But he loves the Madrid life, The sun etc. If Madrid say they will play him more I see him staying one more year and see if they
are true to their word.

Would he move to another prem team? I dont see City going for him, and I dont think he would go for Chelski or liverpool. So that really leaves
United who can pay those kind of wages. Id hate to see him playing for another team in the prem. So I hope he comes to us or stays abroad
at another big Euro club. PSG maybe? or Munich? possible?

I do see a chance though. A small one. And if he did come I hope he brings Luka with him too :)

would you make a 29yr old our highest paid player, who although one of the best players in his position has a patchy injury record over the last few years? Or is the money more wisely invested elsewhere

oh and also bale

On a footballing level, I am sure that he would come back, what a perfect story... But financially we just cannot do it. That goal probably added £50m on to his fee prior. His stock is extremely high after that.

Only United, City, Barca, PSG can afford his wages and the fee, and we are not at that level.

The ONLY way I could see it working is if he forces the move back and somehow takes a massive drop in salary... but he's a footballer so that won't happen.

And when all is said and done, this is the number of league stars he has managed in his career:

17-18: 20
16-17: 16
15-16: 21
14-15: 30
13-14: 24
12-13: 33
11-12: 36
10-11: 28
09-10: 18
08-09: 12

Is a player this frequently out, worth investing so much in? Can we afford to put all our eggs in that basket?

Especially given his age, as good as he is we shouldnt expect those numbers to improve...

And when all is said and done, this is the number of league stars he has managed in his career:

Is a player this frequently out, worth investing so much in? Can we afford to put all our eggs in that basket?

Especially given his age, as good as he is we shouldnt expect those numbers to improve...

Bloody hell.. That is quite astonishing.

That is strictly league starts, so no cups or sub appearances etc, but it does paint a picture.
It can be slightly misleading though for the past couple of years as Bale has been fit to play for plenty of games but hasnt been picked. He fancies Isco ahead of him. Bale mentioned as much in interview on the pitch after the game....

Injury details to add some context to number of games played whilst at Madrid.

Season / Injury / Games missed
17/18 Calf Problems 3
17/18 Pulled hamstring 3
17/18 Calf Injury 8
16/17 Calf Injury 8
16/17 Calf muscle strain 2
16/17 Ankle injury 17
16/17 Hip injury 2
15/16 Calf Muscle 8
15/16 Muscle Injury 4
15/16 Muscle Injury 3
14/15 Hamstring Injury 3
13/14 Muscular problems 1

I need all games included @nayimfromthehalfwayline and games he WAS available for but not selected.

You know the rules.....full disclosure:D

Injury details to add some context to number of games played whilst at Madrid.

Season / Injury / Games missed
17/18 Calf Problems 3
17/18 Pulled hamstring 3
17/18 Calf Injury 8
16/17 Calf Injury 8
16/17 Calf muscle strain 2
16/17 Ankle injury 17
16/17 Hip injury 2
15/16 Calf Muscle 8
15/16 Muscle Injury 4
15/16 Muscle Injury 3
14/15 Hamstring Injury 3
13/14 Muscular problems 1
I've said it before, I think his injuries could well dissipate if he came to us. It's telling he has so many muscle injuries.

I've never got the feeling he was ever 'comfortable' or 'fully accepted' at Madrid. Partly because of the Ronny circus. And I get the impression he is a sensitive lad. Constantly feeling tight and carrying around to much in your head will lead to such injuries. That's why he loves it (and appears to always play) when he's away with Wales.

His state of mind would improve and tension he carries (notice the self massage routine before coming on the other night)) will lift, what this kind of player needs is the right environment.

Just think what Poch could do with his aura:D

I've said it before, I think his injuries could well dissipate if he came to us. It's telling he has so many muscle injuries.

I've never got the feeling he was ever 'comfortable' or 'fully accepted' at Madrid. Partly because of the Ronny circus. And I get the impression he is a sensitive lad. Constantly feeling tight and carrying around to much in your head will lead to such injuries. That's why he loves it (and appears to always play) when he's away with Wales.

His state of mind would improve and tension he carries (notice the self massage routine before coming on the other night)) will lift, what this kind of player needs is the right environment.

Just think what Poch could do with his aura:D

I don't t we will get him, but one of things that may sway him is having played second fiddle to Ronaldo maybe, just maybe he would like to come somewhere where he would be a legend.
He won't get that in a Jose team either.
Unlikely, but we live in hope and clip g to straws. Not plastic ones though, they're bad.

Back