• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Matthijs De Ligt

Some of that might have gone on in the 80s and 90s. But the Football Manager database made the journalist's job really easy, and then it made them redundant, because algorithms can mine it and write something based on it better than they can

If he's represented by Mino Raiola, then it's a huge doubt. Raiola is beyond awful in terms of how he screws up clubs to get his clients transfers - and if you let him in, he'll start tapping everyone else up and take them on as well.

Only the richest clubs can afford to do business with him or any of his clients, and it would be a huge risk for us if he managed to get an 'in' with our players in any capacity.

Better avoided, imo - despite De Ligt's obvious talent.

However, there is an alternative - Alessio Romagnoli from Milan. He's 23, he's left-footed, and he's the most promising young defender in Italy. Apparently, he draws comparisons to Alessandro Nesta in the way he plays - he's also apparently a fine distributor of the ball and completely comfortable bringing it out of the back at will. All in all, he sounds like the perfect CB.

Normally, he'd be out of our reach, but circumstances might just permit a move for him this summer. He's only got two years left on his deal (it ends in 2020), and AC Milan are a) in pretty considerable financial trouble, and b) might not even make the Europa League. Plus, it isn't like he's a Milan youth product or a fan from birth or whatever - Milan took him from Roma's academy, I think.

If we get him, I think we'd have our heir to Verts sorted - and he could probably start right away as well. I think he'd be a better bet than De Ligt, given the agent situation around the latter.

In our case we pretend to like a brick player so Chelsea buy him, if we pretend to not like a player it’s to stop them bidding for him!

It would still require Chelsea actually needing a player in that position of the same type, style etc. They won’t bid for a player purely because we leak some stories saying we might be interested.

Both those videos show him playing on the right of a back 3, where would that leave Sanchez? Would he push central and Jan to the left?

When we play 3 at the back with everyone fit, Sanchez plays central anyway, with Toby and Vert either side of him.

We played a 3 at the back at Leicester away with Dier on the right side of the 3 and Sanchez in the middle, but had to change it iirc because Dier was such a car crash in that game.

If we can’t afford to sign the finished article and only the next potential world superstar then this lad would be a triffic signing for us at the expense of hammering final nail in Toby’s coffin.

Back