• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

See my post above. If he had seen what VvD is really getting, he would have jumped at the offer we made.

Ha...if that's true, pretty darn funny? Where did all the 200k stuff originate? It always did feel like a lot for a club of Liverpool's stature to pay that much for a defender, but maybe they were just absolutely determined to get him ahead of City.

If he's really on 125k then Toby's agent probably did brick the bed a bit to say the least. Maybe Toby can get more than that at Juventus or United if we agree to sell to them...but it's by no means certain. We have to agree that it's worth selling him to a club like that for the money they'll pay - if they try and low ball us we have the excuse of saying we can just wait until next summer when he can go for 25...then Toby has to risk taking another year of 50k a week. It's a very complex situation this Toby thing...not least because if we want to move out players quicker in order to do our own business we may be willing to accept slightly less to get it done.

Ha...if that's true, pretty darn funny? Where did all the 200k stuff originate? It always did feel like a lot for a club of Liverpool's stature to pay that much for a defender, but maybe they were just absolutely determined to get him ahead of City.

If he's really on 125k then Toby's agent probably did brick the bed a bit to say the least. Maybe Toby can get more than that at Juventus or United if we agree to sell to them...but it's by no means certain. We have to agree that it's worth selling him to a club like that for the money they'll pay - if they try and low ball us we have the excuse of saying we can just wait until next summer when he can go for 25...then Toby has to risk taking another year of 50k a week. It's a very complex situation this Toby thing...not least because if we want to move out players quicker in order to do our own business we may be willing to accept slightly less to get it done.

All very true
But maybe we’re simoky better off selling him now and getting in a player who the club rate and wants to be here... that could be an even better player or one with different characteristics to what we have
That’s sensible investment

Hahhahhahahaha. It is actually brilliant. I wonder who would have leaked that? Poch's agent, who doesn't exist? Poch himself? Levy? Our lawyers? It is such a blatantly transparent attempt to keep those kind of links going so that those stories have even an ounce of credibility that they don't even deserve.

I think the 'media hates Spurs' narrative among our fan base is often overplayed, but stuff like this really does make you think. We are treated so weirdly by certain aspects of the media who probably cannot handle the reality of the situation, that we are where we are. They often say in political reporting, tabloids don't sway the voters, they just read the public mood and report in kind. I think with football, they are so certain we are eventually going to drop back to our best of the rest status, that they keep trying to call it, keep trying to treat us that way, because if they keep doing so maybe they'll be right. But they've got it so wrong.

And Liverpool, who we have finished above now for what? 8 of the last 9 seasons? They don't get this treatment, not to the same extent. There may be some stories here and there about Klopp to Bayern but no where near to the same velocity. We play Madrid and the whole build up is about how it's a trial for Kane and Dele to get their moves in the summer. All we read about now is how Salah is a GHod, about how Firmino is great and Mane is quality - there just isn't the same certainty around reporting all of their players away. Some stories about Salah being a Madrid target, as you'd expect for a player almost hitting Messi/Ronaldo like form this season. But again, no where near the same velocity.

I wonder when this kind of rubbish will stop.
I think we are still considered a temporary anomaly to the proper order of things. Even though we have been there or thereabouts for years I still get the impression that there is a collective denial about everything we have achieved. Out of all the teams we are the only team to claw our way to the top table organically. The only one, and that achievement on it's own is praiseworthy though oft ignored.

But I do the think the worm has turned, in some publications anyway. The Guardian for instance do praise us quite a lot. The red tops will come around eventually, when that's what their readership wants.

I think we are still considered a temporary anomaly to the proper order of things. Even though we have been there or thereabouts for years I still get the impression that there is a collective denial about everything we have achieved. Out of all the teams we are the only team to claw our way to the top table organically. The only one, and that achievement on it's own is praiseworthy though oft ignored.

But I do the think the worm has turned, in some publications anyway. The Guardian for instance do praise us quite a lot. The red tops will come around eventually, when that's what their readership wants.

Indeed, the smart papers do praise us and recognize what has been achieved, but the ones that need to stir up stories for clicks almost don't realize how out of the realms of realism they are being. It just makes them look odd.

Poch is a man that believes in building a team, he takes time to get the team and players that fit too his philosophy. You do not get that time at PSG and Real Madrid. If there was an example of a manager that is the complete opposite to what Real and PSG want then that manager is Poch.

One thing I am almost sure of is if Fergie had a chance to go back in time and select his replacement - Poch would have a better chance than Moyes.

Longest serving premier league manager now. At Spurs! Who'd had thought we'd have that 10 years ago!

To be fair, it says more about the Premier League than it does about us.

Still, this was the most important signing of the summer *by far*. Here's to another four years - or, more accurately, *five*. :)

And Liverpool, who we have finished above now for what? 8 of the last 9 seasons? They don't get this treatment, not to the same extent. There may be some stories here and there about Klopp to Bayern but no where near to the same velocity. We play Madrid and the whole build up is about how it's a trial for Kane and Dele to get their moves in the summer. All we read about now is how Salah is a GHod, about how Firmino is great and Mane is quality - there just isn't the same certainty around reporting all of their players away. Some stories about Salah being a Madrid target, as you'd expect for a player almost hitting Messi/Ronaldo like form this season. But again, no where near the same velocity.

I wonder when this kind of rubbish will stop.

Turns out the stories were not about what we thought.

One thing I am almost sure of is if Fergie had a chance to go back in time and select his replacement - Poch would have a better chance than Moyes.

That's always been a weird one, SAF has to be a hugely bad judge of managers if he really thought that Moyes was going to succeed. Jose +boatload of cash could have kept them close, most others would have failed.

Today's Poch could be successful, Poch of five years ago, might have been too much of a curve for him.

Moyes obviously got stars in his eyes but he really should have stayed at Everton; they were a good fit for him (and probably still are). At the time, I thought Man Utd appointed v. Gaal to keep him away from us as much as anything. Meanwhile, Levy made the braver appointment, and now we are all the richer for it. I wouldn't swap Pochettino for anybody just now.

Moyes obviously got stars in his eyes but he really should have stayed at Everton; they were a good fit for him (and probably still are). At the time, I thought Man Utd appointed v. Gaal to keep him away from us as much as anything. Meanwhile, Levy made the braver appointment, and now we are all the richer for it. I wouldn't swap Pochettino for anybody just now.

United don’t seem to have a plan and just react to other clubs at the moment
Good job their income is so high and their success rate isn’t great

I've been reading through this threads pages since Pochettinos new deal, and I must say that this forum is in rapid decline!
NO DANCING MIDGET? SERIOUSLY?
Bitterly disappointed!
So to try to compensate for this ignorance and lack of effort, here it is!
tenor.gif

Back