• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

Im not actually sure what this means.

Im saying we have weighed up what we think he is worth, and offered it. Reportedly its a lot less than he wants, and so we are at an impasse.

We have offered Poch (reportedly) far more than Alderweireld, which suggests there is money in the pot - but we wont be held to ransom with it.

1. He may simple just not want to stay.
  2. He may want considerably more than we think.
  3. He may not 'reliably' fit enough going forward.
Holding anybody to ransom is never a good way of winning friends and influencing people;)

Toby signing would be a great statement of intent too though

It would be and with Poch's recent utterings about thinking big and taking risks, I find hard to think that Pochettino and Levy would not see that, unyet it looks like they have moved on and are looking at other options. Sadly we may never know why Toby was let go, but I trust Levy to do the right thing for the club.

It would be and with Poch's recent utterings about thinking big and taking risks, I find hard to think that Pochettino and Levy would not see that, unyet it looks like they have moved on and are looking at other options. Sadly we may never know why Toby was let go, but I trust Levy to do the right thing for the club.

"Taking risks", "being brave" etc. could equally mean not baulking at dealing with (selling to) a rival if it means we can achieve the best return.
(Not saying that is what Poch really meant, just that the utterings could be deciphered in many different ways).

"Taking risks", "being brave" etc. could equally mean not baulking at dealing with (selling to) a rival if it means we can achieve the best return.
(Not saying that is what Poch really meant, just that the utterings could be deciphered in many different ways).

Being brave can also mean selling a player the club clearly rate because they have something bigger or better in mind

remember when united sold beckham, stamm, Ronaldo... it didn’t hold them back

Being brave can also mean selling a player the club clearly rate because they have something bigger or better in mind

remember when united sold beckham, stamm, Ronaldo... it didn’t hold them back

Yes, I think that is likely spot on. Maybe Poch's grasp of the English language is far more nuanced than many might think.

So i guess the whole "...with me or someone else..." quotes recently to the press was much ado about nothing.

It certainly got some fans questioning and speculating there were problems behind the scenes, not in sync with Levy, he might leave in the summer etc etc

In Poch and Levy we trust!

So i guess the whole "...with me or someone else..." quotes recently to the press was much ado about nothing.

It certainly got some fans questioning and speculating there were problems behind the scenes, not in sync with Levy, he might leave in the summer etc etc

No surprise for me, its the usual 2+2=5 gonad*s that some fans get caught up in.

It's wonderful news that he's re-signed and he's certainly been saying all the right things about building something special with Levy.

But that's not going to cut it with the gutter press, who must find Spurs a frustrating presence in the top four. Spurs don't play media games the same way the other top London or Manc clubs do. So there's always this sense that they constantly try to provoke both the club and its supporters into reacting.

Like the Daily Flail reaching down into the dregs of the gutter to quote Real Madrid mouth organ, Marca, about Poch's new deal:

"Mauricio Pochettino signed a contract extension with Tottenham on Thursday, however, his new deal involves a rather sneaky clause.

According to Marca, part of the deal that sees Pochettino remain at the helm of the north London club until 2023 involves a clause that would allow his to leave his position should Real Madrid or Paris Saint-Germain come calling."

What a load of farm fresh fertilizer. If you put that crap in the bottom of a bird cage you'd be charged with cruelty to a poor animal.

Do they honestly think Levy would willingly submit to such terms while making Poch the third-highest paid manager in the PL? Or that the first thing Poch would do is sign this deal and give Marca a ring with the details? Next thing we'll learn from them is that Poch has the rights to bring Kane and Dele along with him.

Or the message was for Levy - hence new contract with which one assumes came came with a commitment to ‘be brave’

It's wonderful news that he's re-signed and he's certainly been saying all the right things about building something special with Levy.

But that's not going to cut it with the gutter press, who must find Spurs a frustrating presence in the top four. Spurs don't play media games the same way the other top London or Manc clubs do. So there's always this sense that they constantly try to provoke both the club and its supporters into reacting.

Like the Daily Flail reaching down into the dregs of the gutter to quote Real Madrid mouth organ, Marca, about Poch's new deal:

"Mauricio Pochettino signed a contract extension with Tottenham on Thursday, however, his new deal involves a rather sneaky clause.

According to Marca, part of the deal that sees Pochettino remain at the helm of the north London club until 2023 involves a clause that would allow his to leave his position should Real Madrid or Paris Saint-Germain come calling."

What a load of farm fresh fertilizer. If you put that crap in the bottom of a bird cage you'd be charged with cruelty to a poor animal.

Do they honestly think Levy would willingly submit to such terms while making Poch the third-highest paid manager in the PL? Or that the first thing Poch would do is sign this deal and give Marca a ring with the details? Next thing we'll learn from them is that Poch has the rights to bring Kane and Dele along with him.

Hahhahhahahaha. It is actually brilliant. I wonder who would have leaked that? Poch's agent, who doesn't exist? Poch himself? Levy? Our lawyers? It is such a blatantly transparent attempt to keep those kind of links going so that those stories have even an ounce of credibility that they don't even deserve.

I think the 'media hates Spurs' narrative among our fan base is often overplayed, but stuff like this really does make you think. We are treated so weirdly by certain aspects of the media who probably cannot handle the reality of the situation, that we are where we are. They often say in political reporting, tabloids don't sway the voters, they just read the public mood and report in kind. I think with football, they are so certain we are eventually going to drop back to our best of the rest status, that they keep trying to call it, keep trying to treat us that way, because if they keep doing so maybe they'll be right. But they've got it so wrong.

And Liverpool, who we have finished above now for what? 8 of the last 9 seasons? They don't get this treatment, not to the same extent. There may be some stories here and there about Klopp to Bayern but no where near to the same velocity. We play Madrid and the whole build up is about how it's a trial for Kane and Dele to get their moves in the summer. All we read about now is how Salah is a GHod, about how Firmino is great and Mane is quality - there just isn't the same certainty around reporting all of their players away. Some stories about Salah being a Madrid target, as you'd expect for a player almost hitting Messi/Ronaldo like form this season. But again, no where near the same velocity.

I wonder when this kind of rubbish will stop.

Of course it was much ado about nothing. People were getting their knickers in a twist for no reason - it was blatantly obvious he wasn't about to leave us just as we moved into the new stadium.

I think we're simply willing to let him go because in our scale, we don't believe Toby should be a top earner. We may think Kane should be, we may think Poch should be, and I wouldn't be surprised if we thought Eriksen should be. But Toby? Unfortunately not. Not with his injury history. Not with the fact he wasn't able to demonstrate he was a class above Sanchez to get back in the side. Not with the fact that he totally justifiably thinks he can get one big contract before he retires, and sees what VVD is getting, and wants a piece. I don't blame him for wanting to see what he can get elsewhere, and I don't blame us for keeping to our structure. It's one of the benefits of having a smart, long term strategy.

I don't think it's any more complex than that. We have a structure, lets say the new top earner will be on 180-200k basic per week. We may think Toby is worth 130, and if he was happy with that, we'd happily sign him up. But he wants more, and his agent is now in a period of seeing if he can get it for him.

I remember Ferguson insisting that no player at Man Utd can earn more than he does. I think Mourinho and Guardiola insist on the same principle.....rightly so I guess otherwise the manager cannot have the same power and influence if the players are earning more

So I wonder if at Spurs the players and agents now know the ceiling of what they can aim for. 160k a week
I don't think Mourinho makes more than £23m/year, which is the annual salary of Alexis.

I think this shows that we have our valuations and stick with them.

We have looked at Poch and know he is the key figure, pay the man all the money.

I would suggest similar to come of Kane/Eriksen.

Alderweireld? Doesnt have the same hand to play. We offered what we thought to be fair, he can take it or leave it.

Clearly there is money to spend, but as always never to waste.
The interesting thing is that Toby wanted Van Dijk money (when everyone thought he was on £180K/wk) and when Van Dijk's contract terms leaked (£124K/wk) we actually had offered more than Van Dijk money. Anywho...

I think we're simply willing to let him go because in our scale, we don't believe Toby should be a top earner. We may think Kane should be, we may think Poch should be, and I wouldn't be surprised if we thought Eriksen should be. But Toby? Unfortunately not. Not with his injury history. Not with the fact he wasn't able to demonstrate he was a class above Sanchez to get back in the side. Not with the fact that he totally justifiably thinks he can get one big contract before he retires, and sees what VVD is getting, and wants a piece. I don't blame him for wanting to see what he can get elsewhere, and I don't blame us for keeping to our structure. It's one of the benefits of having a smart, long term strategy.

I don't think it's any more complex than that. We have a structure, lets say the new top earner will be on 180-200k basic per week. We may think Toby is worth 130, and if he was happy with that, we'd happily sign him up. But he wants more, and his agent is now in a period of seeing if he can get it for him.
See my post above. If he had seen what VvD is really getting, he would have jumped at the offer we made.

I don't think Mourinho makes more than £23m/year, which is the annual salary of Alexis.

Mourinho is reportedly on 300k a week, over 15 mill a year

So it looks like Utd have overstepped the mark big time. Mourinho cannot be happy about it. Even worse is how poor Sanchez has been

Shocking deal. Woodward is a mug

Mourinho is reportedly on 300k a week, over 15 mill a year

So it looks like Utd have overstepped the mark big time. Mourinho cannot be happy about it. Even worse is how poor Sanchez has been

Shocking deal. Woodward is a mug

Man United are wasters pure and simple!

I think this shows that we have our valuations and stick with them.

We have looked at Poch and know he is the key figure, pay the man all the money.

I would suggest similar to come of Kane/Eriksen.

Alderweireld? Doesnt have the same hand to play. We offered what we thought to be fair, he can take it or leave it.

Clearly there is money to spend, but as always never to waste.

I was taking the tinkle

Back