• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official TV Thread ***

Krypton is actually pretty good, anybody else watching it ?

Not yet, was waiting on feedback/reviews before having a look.

Sadly, most things DC are an utter waste of time so I tend to just let them run and pick them up if there is positive reviews.

As you can imagine, I havent seen anything for years!

RE the Defiant Ones, I watched another on Netflix a while back called (I think!) Hip Hop History, which was also a short series chronically the beginnings and evolution of Hip Hop, that was a good one as well.

AND I watched one on A Tribe Called Quest (Netflix again) which was also a really good watch.

And while on music documentaries, they have one on Metallica that was superb - 'Some kind of monster' I think it was called.

Started as a very bog standard "watch us make an album" documentary but events happened during which made it utterly compelling.

Might have to check that out, like both Metallica and A Tribe Called Quest.

I've seen a couple of the Sports documentary series on there too -- one that followed the LA Rams for a season in the NFL, and another about college football (last chance something or other, can't remember the exact title). Both really good.

Its mad the things I end up watching on there now, completely random, but I think the documentaries might be the best thing about it.

Last year at some point I watched one on climbing. Valley Uprising, I think. Again it was a historical look at climbing, one particular area, and how things evolved. Fascinating. They went from 3 days to 8 hours for the same climbs over the decades!

Ill check out the football ones. American sport doesnt really interest me but sport and teams in general does.

Have watched the first four episodes of The Terror and must say I have been impressed. Great cast, terrific performances and it looks a treat. The best thing is the slow burn of the narrative and the twin features of it i.e. the historical realities re - food supply and the creation of the Tuunbaq. The claustrophobic set design also works great. Highly recommended.

Last edited:
Started watching Cobra Kai on youtube. Caarying on from the original karate kid. Larusso and Johnny Lawrence original actors and I must say they have both aged extremely well.
On episode 5.

Just watched first episode of series 4 of the bridge. Excellent drama, if this anywhere near as good as the first 3 series it will be brilliant.
Series 1_3 are on iPlayer at the moment, if you haven't watched give yourself a treat and watch it.
Saga says so.

Watched 2 seasons of Hap and Leonard over the last week, enjoyed that a lot.

Started The Following last night, I know its old, not sure if itll grab me or not. I quite like the premise, and I like Purefoy as a psycho.

Just finished watching a subtitled show called Casa de Papel on Netflix. English title is Money Heist.
A self contained 23 episode show about an attempted heist at the Spanish Royal mint.
If you like Prison Break style fast-paced, cliffhanger type shows then this should be up your street.

Just finished watching a subtitled show called Casa de Papel on Netflix. English title is Money Heist.
A self contained 23 episode show about an attempted heist at the Spanish Royal mint.
If you like Prison Break style fast-paced, cliffhanger type shows then this should be up your street.

Love Prison Break, will give this a whirl. Still not seen the new series though, not sure I liked the idea of Michael coming back.

Just watched Evil Genius on Netflix, true story documentary into a very odd murder in the US. Only 4 parts and well worth a watch, ignores a few things later on that it mentions earlier but still good.

Love Prison Break, will give this a whirl. Still not seen the new series though, not sure I liked the idea of Michael coming back.

Just watched Evil Genius on Netflix, true story documentary into a very odd murder in the US. Only 4 parts and well worth a watch, ignores a few things later on that it mentions earlier but still good.

First episode is crazy. Well worth watching.

Back