• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Toby Alderweireld

I like how you dismiss the effect Wembley had our performance this season whilst playing up the effect Liverpools CL run has had on theirs - if Liverpool are a team good enough to get to the CL final on merit and you're using it as a reason as to why they are better than us then they should be good enough compete fully in the league too.
Here’s this thing happening again where a poster decides to make up an argument I didn’t create. Where did I say Liverpool are better than us? I said them coming 4th and at the very least being runners up in the CL is a better season than coming third. As for the Wembley factor I don’t see the correlation between that and Liverpool focusing on their CL games ahead of PL at all....

I do, it shows how many points we left behind this season, I expected us to finish 10/15 points ahead of them at a bare minimum.
Well that was your expectations, why you thought we’d be that much better than Liverpool I have no idea.As for points lost all teams look back over a season and think they lost points they shouldn’t have not just us. Liverpool could just as easily do the same....

Here’s this thing happening again where a poster decides to make up an argument I didn’t create. Where did I say Liverpool are better than us? I said them coming 4th and at the very least being runners up in the CL is a better season than coming third. As for the Wembley factor I don’t see the correlation between that and Liverpool focusing on their CL games ahead of PL at all....

So you don't think they are better than us then?

There isn't a correlation really i just find it funny that you're happy to make excuses for Liverpool dropping points but not us, for us moving stadium for a whole season isn't a valid excuse for us being a good few points shy of where we should be, but a couple more rounds of CL football for them is a valid excuse.

Last edited:
Well that was your expectations, why you thought we’d be that much better than Liverpool I have no idea.As for points lost all teams look back over a season and think they lost points they shouldn’t have not just us. Liverpool could just as easily do the same....

Because all of their players are brick and their manager is a fudging macaron.

All in all I’d say we was equal. But the signing of Keita is a brilliant one and I’m sure they will have a couple more quality additions to add. So we really need to make a couple of statements of our own in the market....

No point arguing about a season that is yet to take place - I'll assess that once it's well under way.

But right now after a season where we finish above them in the league, tear them to pieces at home and take a worthy point off them at Anfield i don't really see an argument to be made that they are better than us - we came ontop head to head and we came out on top in the league... they've gone further in Europe and if they win the CL they have had a more successful season than us without question, but that's the thing with knockout football - it's not about who's the better team, it's about who wins (not that they'd be complaining, nor would we in their position)

Last edited:
No point arguing about a season that is yet to take place - I'll assess that once it's well under way.

But right now after a season where we finish above them in the league, tear them to pieces at home and take a worthy point off them at Anfield i don't really see an argument to be made that they are better than us - we came ontop head to head and we came out on top in the league... they've gone further in Europe and if they win the CL they have had a more successful season than us without question, but that's the thing with knockout football - it's not about who's the better team, it's about who wins (not that they'd be complaining, nor would we in their position)
Yeah, like I say I think they’ve had a better season nothing more....

All in all I’d say we was equal. But the signing of Keita is a brilliant one and I’m sure they will have a couple more quality additions to add. So we really need to make a couple of statements of our own in the market....

But they could also lose a key player or two as they have done many times before in this position

Keita really could be anything in this league, he can certainly add energy to their midfield but they way they play doesn’t suit his game unless they change up. He is a real driver form midfield but loves a red card.

But they could also lose a key player or two as they have done many times before in this position

Keita really could be anything in this league, he can certainly add energy to their midfield but they way they play doesn’t suit his game unless they change up. He is a real driver form midfield but loves a red card.
We could lose a key player or two, in fact it seems more likely we will than them this season. It all stems down to recruitments, Keita is a great signing and I think he will fit in Liverpool’s team just fine - you are right regarding red cards, he will have to cut that out. I have a gut feeling we are going to make a couple of big moves so let’s see how it all pans out....

We could lose a key player or two, in fact it seems more likely we will than them this season. It all stems down to recruitments, Keita is a great signing and I think he will fit in Liverpool’s team just fine - you are right regarding red cards, he will have to cut that out. I have a gut feeling we are going to make a couple of big moves so let’s see how it all pans out....

Where do you see him play for them ?

That’s his game 400%

But their game to me currently consists of going long down the sides and cutting in
I guess he could be running into those ballls coming in
I think saying just long balls down the sides is a disservice. They look to get the ball to the front three as quickly as possible, but don’t think they just do that through long balls. I do agree we have more guile than them though....

Back