• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Matthijs De Ligt

Have you seen De Ligt play? He's fantastic! Better than Sanchez. His passing is excellent. He can ping it better than Toby, and can advance with the ball like a boss. He's exceptional for his age, and good compared to any age.

Praise indeed!

Time for some video:cool:

Have you seen De Ligt play? He's fantastic! Better than Sanchez. His passing is excellent. He can ping it better than Toby, and can advance with the ball like a boss. He's exceptional for his age, and good compared to any age.

No I haven't but it's a realistic ask if people believe an 18 year old is going to walk into a starting CB position (if we play 3 at back) on a CL team?

Talent is one thing, but a mistake at this level is punished ...

Oversized midfielders who can't actually defend
Anton Ferdinand could defend (in an old fashioned stopper sort of way). He was strong, decent in the tackle, brave and pretty good in the air. I also always felt that he read the game reasonably well. He was a defender that liked to stay central and tried to avoid being pulled out wide and ending up one on one with a player. He wasn't particularly good on the ball either in terms of his control or passing and thus generally tried to mimimise his time on it, either quickly playing simple or going long when he got it.

Stones on the other hand is good on the ball, a decent passer, likes to spend time on the ball, doesn't mind pulling out wide - either to defend or to receive the ball. Stones likes to get on the ball and spend time on the ball, with over elaborating being his big main problem currently. Stones is currently mistake prone with many of his mistakes coming because he tries to do too much in dangerous areas of the pitch. I see virtually no similarities between the two players other than the fact that they both play as centre halves.

If we can sign him, I'll look forward to the club modifying the opening line of their standard signing announcement:

'Spurs are 'deligted' to announce the signing of...'.

Both those videos show him playing on the right of a back 3, where would that leave Sanchez? Would he push central and Jan to the left?

Good point!

I doubt anybody knows other than Pochettino and his crew.
We are just shooting the breeze on all these ‘would-be transfers.

just a thought. could he be a smokescreen to draw out the big boys and instead we are chasing someone else

just a thought. could he be a smokescreen to draw out the big boys and instead we are chasing someone else

That only makes sense if the "big boys" didnt know who they wanted at this stage, and were just ripping off our scouting/transfer moves.

Which would rely on them conveniently needing the same sort of players as us.

Which doesnt make sense at all...

Every club knows about every player, more or less, these days. All have different needs, budgets and appetite for risk. The idea of smokescreens is, when you offer scrutiny, rather foolish.

Back